Overall best rubber for me - advice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
The time has come for me - new rubbers :) . I'm here looking for some advice choosing the best combination for me. I am playing in club and tours all over my country - consider myself for a semi-pro :) Not beginner for sure, I know what im doing.

So, let's start with what I have and what I don't like. Currently I'm playing with Andro Rasanter R48 and R45 fh and bh. Overall they are decent rubbers, but that's all. I was expecting something more dangerous. My playing style - try-harder forehand and backhand looping backspin, off to off+ in a 3 to 6 shot rally. I have a habit to play outside of the table and I'm looking now something good for close-play. Sometimes I'm also smashing higher balls with flat hitting and the Andro does it good. A key shot is the banana flip which is not so easy with Rasanter for me.(compared to Tenergy05 - played few shots) Just to mention - my blade is Victas FireFall FC.
What I want?
I'm looking for a rubber which generates more spin (and medial speed) for short strokes for my backhand and a powerful spiny and fast fh loop. Taken in total - something better than Andro which durability is not great. And - I want a higher throw angle than the Andro. Which of the listed rubbers bellow have the best serve spin rate? What about blocking topspin?
Which rubbers I have in mind?
1. Stiga DNA Platinum S for bh and M for fh. It is a good rubber for sure, but is it a beast?
2. Tibhar Evo MX-P for fh and MX-S for bh. How is its throw angle compared to Tenergy series? Also the Stiga?
3. Tenergy 05 both sides. Overall the best rubber right now (I dont want the tacky 09c), but I read that 05 cant deal with flat fitting.
4. Tenergy 05 fh and 80 for bh. 80 think is better for blocking and not too sensitive to spin - for receiving serves.

Best Regards

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
The time has come for me - new rubbers :) . I'm here looking for some advice choosing the best combination for me. I am playing in club and tours all over my country - consider myself for a semi-pro :) Not beginner for sure, I know what im doing.

So, let's start with what I have and what I don't like. Currently I'm playing with Andro Rasanter R48 and R45 fh and bh. Overall they are decent rubbers, but that's all. I was expecting something more dangerous. My playing style - try-harder forehand and backhand looping backspin, off to off+ in a 3 to 6 shot rally. I have a habit to play outside of the table and I'm looking now something good for close-play. Sometimes I'm also smashing higher balls with flat hitting and the Andro does it good. A key shot is the banana flip which is not so easy with Rasanter for me.(compared to Tenergy05 - played few shots) Just to mention - my blade is Victas FireFall FC.
What I want?
I'm looking for a rubber which generates more spin (and medial speed) for short strokes for my backhand and a powerful spiny and fast fh loop. Taken in total - something better than Andro which durability is not great. And - I want a higher throw angle than the Andro. Which of the listed rubbers bellow have the best serve spin rate? What about blocking topspin?
1. Stiga DNA Platinum S for bh and M for fh. It is a good rubber for sure, but is it a beast?
2. Tibhar Evo MX-P for fh and MX-S for bh. How is its throw angle compared to Tenergy series? Also the Stiga?
3. Tenergy 05 both sides. Overall the best rubber right now (I dont want the tacky 09c), but I read that 05 cant deal with flat fitting.
4. Tenergy 05 fh and 80 for bh. 80 think is better for blocking and not too sensitive to spin - for receiving serves.

Best Regards

Maybe you can try Gewo, like nexxus el pro 50 fh and nexxus el 48 bh. These rubbers are great, very spiny with way more control in comparison to tenergy anf it's half price of tenergy...

Reactions: davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

What I want?

Best Regards

I somehow imagine you playing "like" Liam Pitchford. What would you think about Victas V>15 Extra probably even on both sides if your backhand technique is suitable.

From the mentioned rubbers id advise against stiga dna because ive had several ppl having the issue that it too fast to controll it in the shortplay.
I would take the mx-p on bh and smth like tenergy 05 hard on fh. But you should reveive short serves at least with fh then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

What I want?

Best Regards

So many rubbers excel above R series.

I am biased and I will suggest Neo H3 for FH. Even the commercial $20 one will give you more spin and control more than any rubbers. No need to boost. At high impact, you can produce more dangerous topspin than any Tenergy or Dignics rubbers.

If you have the money, 09C 1.9mm Bh will give you very good control and excellent spin. Otherwise, H8-80 is a new rubber. Very lively sponge with tacky soft H8 topsheet.

Reactions: mrredpoll and latej