Which glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hey, recently I received my new rubbers , FH yinhe Jupiter 2, BH Palio ak47 blue. I’m not contemplating which glue to get, I’m hearing DHS no15 is good for Chinese rubbers and not to get butterfly free chalk I thought they were not too important but I guess I’m wrong. Any recommendations, also what is a recommended tool to cut the rubbers and should I definitely seal my blade right now or could I do it on the second time re gluing, thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Oh I thought I would be able to do it myself by watching videos is it really that difficult ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
No its easy to do. Anybody can do it. You can buy any cheap TT glue for $4 or $5 on Aliexpress, or you can just use rubber cement from Walmart for $4.Â

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Please don’t listen to Micheal about the rubber cement. Use cheap glue but only TT glue. Rubber cement will not have the same feel and it might damage the rubber and the blade.

Rubber cement is what people used before ITTF banned VOC based glues. Rubber cement also makes removing the rubber cleanly from the blade easier as water based rubber glues tend to adhere stronger to top veneers. Water based glues can and will pull and splinter the top limba veneer of blades unless they are lacquered and even then there is a risk so water based glues are actually more dangerous to your blade than VOC based rubber cement.

@OP, if you don't want to pay extra for TT branded glues, use Copydex. It is a reliable water based latex glue. You can use a pair of sharp scissors like the Kai 5626 or 18mm snap off blade cutters like the pro at tabletennis11 does.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hey, recently I received my new rubbers , FH yinhe Jupiter 2, BH Palio ak47 blue. I’m not contemplating which glue to get, I’m hearing DHS no15 is good for Chinese rubbers and not to get butterfly free chalk I thought they were not too important but I guess I’m wrong. Any recommendations, also what is a recommended tool to cut the rubbers and should I definitely seal my blade right now or could I do it on the second time re gluing, thanks

DHS no15 is good.... Lately, I've started using Xiom glue, and I quite like it ..

If you've never glued-on rubbers before, I'd suggest practicing fist, on a spare blade with old rubbers.. Alternately, you could get it done professionally, and if possible, watch them do it..

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

nothing but Butterfly Free Chack II for me after bad experience with other glue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Only DHS no 15 has stong enough bond to not peel off from blade, but making a layer good enough to remove from both chinese and japanese rubbers without damaging the sponge and not have disgusting smell at the same time. It's also rather cheap.

Detraments? Bit heavy. Is it really a detrament? Not really since you only need one layer instead of two. Revolution or "very cheap" thin chinese glues are a good alternative. I mean Aliexpress Dianchi or Lidu glue. But I'd still pick DHS no 15. I'd forget any other big brand glues, they are made mostly in germany and not very good.