Dhs w968/ hurricane long 5 splintering issues

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I've seen in some reviews written that dhs long 5 blades have splintering issues. Is it so or not? If it is, why? Any solutions on this problem please.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I've seen in some reviews written that dhs long 5 blades have splintering issues. Is it so or not? If it is, why? Any solutions on this problem please.

I had mine lacquered as advised by my vendor. No splintering issue thus far even after numerous changes of rubber.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
Which glue do you suggest using ? I've planned to use dhs aquatic glue 15.

DHS No.15 is good, I use Haifu water based glue. More difficult work, you have to work with it quickly, it is sparse and dries quickly. Not everyone can work with it. Otherwise, it has excellent properties, is very elastic, and is well removed from the blade and rubber.

Sep 2019

I had mine lacquered as advised by my vendor. No splintering issue thus far even after numerous changes of rubber.

Tbh I do not understand the process of lacquering. Could you explain it of how it is done? What products are involved in doing it and where can I get those?

Sep 2019

Varnishing changes hardness.
This solution came with the wrong adhesives.
That's right, wise glue selection is the best solution !!!

Thank you for sharing your info. By the way do you use long V or any dhs blade?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I use water based Joola varnish on my Long 5. That‘s a very mild form of protecting the top layer of the blade. Never had any issues.

I second that !
Of course if one gets a varnish spray can and sprays several layers on a blade it might change the characteristics of it.
Properly done is to take some acrylic lacquer on a damp cloth and gently rub it onto the surfaces of the blade. Little goes a long way..
This will seal the blade and there is no noticeable change.
p.s. I use revolution no3. I find DHS No.15 makes too strong a bond

Sep 2019

I second that !
Of course if one gets a varnish spray can and sprays several layers on a blade it might change the characteristics of it.
Properly done is to take some acrylic lacquer on a damp cloth and gently rub it onto the surfaces of the blade. Little goes a long way..
This will seal the blade and there is no noticeable change.
p.s. I use revolution no3. I find DHS No.15 makes too strong a bond

Is it okay to use without sealing too? which lacquer do you suggest using on long V to seal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think every blade can splinter if you don't seal it if the glue holds too strong. Seal your blade and it Should be fine, a layer of poly that you wipe off after letting it sink in for two minutes should do the job and not alter the blade too much.

This user has no status.
See PingShnday.com

Is it okay to use without sealing too? which lacquer do you suggest using on long V to seal?

See PingSunday.com. A very thin layer of varnish has an imperceptible effect on hardness. A thick layer will make the blade feel harder. The ML5 has a limba wood outer layer, which is a softer wood.