Dignics 09c in cold weather

About year and a half ago I started playing with dignics 09c. At the beginning I was amazed by it's properties as I have never played with something like that and I am playing tt from 14 years semi professional and I have tried both chinese - h3/neo(boosted and non boosted, commercial, procincial and national) and European rubbers like tenergy 05(my bh rubber from about 6 years now), gewo nexus, rakza 7 and 9 and some others.
My main point of this topic is. I have never had such a good rubber for fh like dignics 09c but at the same time I have never experienced so many problems with the rubber when the weather starts to get cold. It's like I have no control over the ball and I can never produce enough spin. I know I am not delusional about this because even better players than me told me that this happens to them only with 09c. And yes I know when it gets cold the rubbers' properties get worse but sheeesh not to this extent. So is there any rubber like 09c that I can maybe use in the cold winter months as I read that nittaku fastarc G-1 is kinda ok and has any of you experienced the same thing with dignics 09c.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
About year and a half ago I started playing with dignics 09c. At the beginning I was amazed by it's properties as I have never played with something like that and I am playing tt from 14 years semi professional and I have tried both chinese - h3/neo(boosted and non boosted, commercial, procincial and national) and European rubbers like tenergy 05(my bh rubber from about 6 years now), gewo nexus, rakza 7 and 9 and some others.
My main point of this topic is. I have never had such a good rubber for fh like dignics 09c but at the same time I have never experienced so many problems with the rubber when the weather starts to get cold. It's like I have no control over the ball and I can never produce enough spin. I know I am not delusional about this because even better players than me told me that this happens to them only with 09c. And yes I know when it gets cold the rubbers' properties get worse but sheeesh not to this extent. So is there any rubber like 09c that I can maybe use in the cold winter months as I read that nittaku fastarc G-1 is kinda ok and has any of you experienced the same thing with dignics 09c.

Why not sticking to boosted H3? Tried and tested by millions of Chinese professionals in every season [emoji16]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
About year and a half ago I started playing with dignics 09c. At the beginning I was amazed by it's properties as I have never played with something like that and I am playing tt from 14 years semi professional and I have tried both chinese - h3/neo(boosted and non boosted, commercial, procincial and national) and European rubbers like tenergy 05(my bh rubber from about 6 years now), gewo nexus, rakza 7 and 9 and some others.My main point of this topic is. I have never had such a good rubber for fh like dignics 09c but at the same time I have never experienced so many problems with the rubber when the weather starts to get cold. It's like I have no control over the ball and I can never produce enough spin. I know I am not delusional about this because even better players than me told me that this happens to them only with 09c. And yes I know when it gets cold the rubbers' properties get worse but sheeesh not to this extent. So is there any rubber like 09c that I can maybe use in the cold winter months as I read that nittaku fastarc G-1 is kinda ok and has any of you experienced the same thing with dignics 09c.

I know what you mean, I also play with 09c and I do feel the cold effect, but no rubber plays the same in cold.
Actually d09c is not as bad in cold and some other rubbers due to the tackiness. For sure not as consisetent as a H3, but nowhere as bad as Tenergy or any ESN grippy rubber.

My experience is that in cold you need to swing a bit harder, and use newer balls all the time, that are still matt and have the 'dust particles'. Btw this is true with all rubbers.

Last edited:
Why not sticking to boosted H3? Tried and tested by millions of Chinese professionals in every season [emoji16]

Because I am not professional and there are things you need to do with the chinese rubber to be able to play with it.
1. You need to practice 5-6 times a week + at least 2-3 times general physical exercise
2. You need to boost the rubber very often which consumes time and good boosters are not cheap
3. In my experience even if I order the same chinese rubber from the same seller it may be slightly different than the previous one.
So I am pretty much done with trying to make the chinese rubber work.

I know what you mean, I also play with 09c and I do feel the cold effect, but no rubber plays the same in cold.
Actually d09c is not as bad in cold and some other rubbers due to the tackiness. For sure not as consisetent as a H3, but nowhere as bad as Tenergy or any ESN grippy rubber.

My experience is that in cold you need to swing a bit harder, and use newer balls all the time, that are still matt and have the 'dust particles'. Btw this is true with all rubbers.

I don't know, I have no problems with my bh tenergy 05(maybe because it's bh). Thanks for the advice I actually haven't thought about the new balls, it's great thing to know on important competitions, but in general you can't play every training session with new balls.
​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I don't know, I have no problems with my bh tenergy 05(maybe because it's bh). Thanks for the advice I actually haven't thought about the new balls, it's great thing to know on important competitions, but in general you can't play every training session with new balls.
​​​​​

I dunno what balls you use. We use probably the worst ones which are Joola Flash (seamless). D09c is OK with them when new for sure, and as the balls get older and more shiny the rubber gets less consistent and requires harder strokes to preform similarly. But this is the same with Rozena as well which I use on my BH. I consider Rozena a Tenergy alternative 100%. H3 and very stick chinese rubbers perform almost the same with new and old balls.

You don't need brand new balls on training sessions, balls with ony 2-3-4 houts in them are still OK. But if you get a ball that has 6-7-8 hours you will feel some issues.

But as I said Joola Flash or seamless balls are probably the worst and DHS and Nittaku are just better overall.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Where are you playing? Even if it is cold outside, isn't it a normal temperature indoors? Are you playing outdoors? Or do they just not heat the place you play so it is cold?

Put the D09c side next to your body (up against your stomach, in between legs, or something) to get the rubber warmer.

Reactions: Suga D and Dr Evil
Where are you playing? Even if it is cold outside, isn't it a normal temperature indoors? Are you playing outdoors? Or do they just not heat the place you play so it is cold?

Put the D09c side next to your body (up against your stomach, in between legs, or something) to get the rubber warmer.

Let's just say we have winter for about 3 months where the average temperature is between - 5 and +10 degree Celsius. So what you suggest is basically I take at least 30 seconds between every 2 balls so I can heat up my rubber?

Let's just say we have winter for about 3 months where the average temperature is between - 5 and +10 degree Celsius. So what you suggest is basically I take at least 30 seconds between every 2 balls so I can heat up my rubber?

Don’t You have indoor heating in Bulgaria???
During those conditions You won’t get any equipment to perform…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Don’t You have indoor heating in Bulgaria???
During those conditions You won’t get any equipment to perform…

Cheers
L-zr

I don't want to be rude because of the ttd rules but I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't experienced that problem only with the current rubber.

I don't want to be rude because of the ttd rules but I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't experienced that problem only with the current rubber.

Sorry I don’t believe this, in those temps ALL rubbers will get significantly harder, -5 brrr.
Maybe the problem is the gloves you have to use😊

Cheers
L-zr

• Haha
Reactions: IB66
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It is not really a joking matter.
Not in every place there is heating.
I play one night in a heated place and the next night in a unheated hall.
While , re rubbers, this indeed is a pain in the butt, we however are forced to live with it..........................no joke 😂

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I am sorry if it is the case that you are playing in conditions that are not heated and where you need to wear a winter coat to play. But I just would not want to play in those conditions. And if that is the case, I don't see anything that can really do much.

For me, if I can't wear shorts and a tea shirt, I am not really interested in playing. But, I guess, everyone is different. I would think about getting a different racket for when playing in cold conditions....a totally different racket....because those temperatures will damage the rubber molecules of both rubbers anyway and make them wear out more quickly.

I would just get something with a cheap Chinese blade and cheap Chinese rubbers like AK47 for both sides for when playing in temperatures lower than 19 degrees celsius (66 degrees F).

Reactions: IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think table tennis rubbers are simply not made for cold climate, because competitions even in cold regions usually happen in warm gyms.Thus the rubbers are probably optimized for like 20 celsius (70f) and not really made for winter outdoor play.Rubber generally will get harder and less elastic in cold temperatures so maybe you could try a super soft rubber and see if it firms up just to the right degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: deepinside
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
if the main reason for playing TT is to play to the best of my capabilities at any given time, to move and to sweat and to interact
with other human beings....then.....I can play TT regardless of temperature.

If I would be a top player I probably would not even bother to take my jacket off unless the temperature in the hall is adequate.

Have fun 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Because I am not professional and there are things you need to do with the chinese rubber to be able to play with it.
1. You need to practice 5-6 times a week + at least 2-3 times general physical exercise
2. You need to boost the rubber very often which consumes time and good boosters are not cheap
3. In my experience even if I order the same chinese rubber from the same seller it may be slightly different than the previous one.
So I am pretty much done with trying to make the chinese rubber work.

Only 3 is true. However, DHS’s QC is very good these days even for the cheapest $20 Neo H3.

1. You unlocks H3’s full potential with good techniques, not necessarily with physiques. Two guys in my clubs use H3 on fh. Both have a big tummy. They utilise H3 very well.

2. If you play once a week, a $20 Neo H3 can last for 3 months without booster. Even if you throw it away, you use 4 pieces a year = 4x $20 = $80 a year. Equivalent to a piece of D05. And no, Seamoon booster only costs $12 for 100mL on prott.vip. You need 2-3 layers each time and it will last you a few years.

Reactions: Suga D
Ok maybe I exaggerated a little. The temperature is maybe between 10 and 15 degrees celsius in the hall I am playing but my point was to ask in general. And in general it's really hard to find a perfect tt hall if you are not professional. It's either too cold or the humidity is too high, or the roof is too low, or the floor is slippery or anything else that you can find wrong with the hall for not being better than your opponent. Let's even say I practice in the perfect conditions then I go to some regional competition and you have to deal with some of the things mentioned above. The whole point is you have to adapt to the current situation so that's why I created the whole thread - to ask how you guys adapt to the weather condition with the current rubber.

Reactions: Zwill
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Ok maybe I exaggerated a little. The temperature is maybe between 10 and 15 degrees celsius in the hall I am playing but my point was to ask in general. And in general it's really hard to find a perfect tt hall if you are not professional. It's either too cold or the humidity is too high, or the roof is too low, or the floor is slippery or anything else that you can find wrong with the hall for not being better than your opponent. Let's even say I practice in the perfect conditions then I go to some regional competition and you have to deal with some of the things mentioned above. The whole point is you have to adapt to the current situation so that's why I created the whole thread - to ask how you guys adapt to the weather condition with the current rubber.

well, it is exactly how you suggest : One has to adapt.
It is not really a matter of finding excuses if we get beaten because let's face it there is always one better and one worse than we are.
I sure know the feeling when sometimes just absolutely nothing works. Shots too long or in the net, serves hitting the edge of my side of the table or anywhere else where they should not.............
We have to then take what i call an ""Internal brake""", take some deep breaths, count to ten ....................have a giggle, its only ping pong 😋

That was quite an exaggeration...
Sorry still don't believe this, 10 Celsius sound like Your mates tool shed... Only footballers (soccer players) needs to cope with these conditions.
Even at 15 is cold for a "regional competition". I would say ~17 is acceptable, nothing colder. If the hall is expected to hold a lot of people it maybe
somewhat colder in the beginning, but playing in 10 Celsius, no way I'll walk away ...

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl