World Table Tennis Championships 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
one thing needs to be said : Considering it is only day 1, the picture-quality is excellent.............

Considering everything else, yeah the quality is pretty good for the main tables 1-5 i guess. For the single stage tables 1-3 it is even better and you get even more cameras with more angles.
aaaaaaaand the subscription finally worked.
Stupid though i can watch nearly nothing important with a german ip adress but vpn is able to change that at last.

And if they can finally give us the camera angle M51 mentioned this might be some kind of a decent event and close to perfect if they wouldnt put so many tables behind a paywall in many regions...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Stupid though i can watch nearly nothing important with a german ip adress but vpn is able to change that at last.

Same here with a French IP, and TBH it's really annoying enough that it kind of killed my hype… I mean, if they expect me to cheat to watch… then I'd rather not watch at all.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
So to sum it up.

Pros:
- Adam Babrow is commentating the games in the big hall
- The stream quality is decent and overall better than most other TT Events (at least at Table 1-4, the rest is kinda trash)
- The slowmotion and offplay camera angles are great

Cons:
- Geoblocking is real. Probably EU's own fault for their dumb regulations but still sad for all the TT-Fans in europe like myself
- Several tables are behind a paywall in many regions- The management in place are doing an awfull job as several ppl mentioned on this website
- Shitty main camera angle- The VOD coverage is already awfull. Horrible for those who cant watch everything live which is probably everyone
- Mixed Doubles Event, though i think quite well of improving diplomatic relations between China and America (or even the rest of the world), this takes away the seriousness of a competition especially of the matches couldnt really train much (as khanak jha mentioned himself in the interview). I myself wouldnt want to compete in such an event under these circumstances.

So i would say the event is better than i supposed it would be after watching this shitshow of a contender event.
But still there is a lot to improve to make events like this good and enjoyable to watch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i watched Harimoto. a quite bad performance from him, as usual in the big tournaments..

you can feel he's shitting in his pants... he served fault a couple times at crucial moments.

he was quite passive in his returns and too much blocking with his BH instead of trying to pivot. Dyjas took more his chances to pivot. There were more mistakes but his risk-taking paid off. Harimoto played with the same mindset than against An Jaehyun, Darko Jorgic, and it lead to the same result

Not seen the other Japanese, but the result for Morizono, and more specially for Uda and Niwa is sooo bad compared to expectations. I think this is the last of Niwa at world events.

Reactions: mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i watched Harimoto. a quite bad performance from him, as usual in the big tournaments..

you can feel he's shitting in his pants... he served fault a couple times at crucial moments.

he was quite passive in his returns and too much blocking with his BH instead of trying to pivot. Dyjas took more his chances to pivot. There were more mistakes but his risk-taking paid off. Harimoto played with the same mindset than against An Jaehyun, Darko Jorgic, and it lead to the same result

Not seen the other Japanese, but the result for Morizono, and more specially for Uda and Niwa is sooo bad compared to expectations. I think this is the last of Niwa at world events.

looks like Togami will go through against Gardos. I definitely want to see him play against Wang Chuqin. I think Togami is by far the best Japanese player at the moment. such intense footwork and what a FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Harimoto really needs to move to China and change up his training, because his technique is not developing at all.Â

Wang Manyu looked good in XD, i hope she goes far. Her partner Jha was alright, but not too offensive.Â

Lily Zhang looked really hesitant playing with Lin Gaoyuan, but they can find their game.Â

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
haven't watched the match, but sensational result, veteran Timo Boll beats young Chinese Zhou Qihao !!!

no more Chinese in this side of the draw ! and no Harimoto too...

Imagine Timo reaching the final and getting his long awaited first win against FZD, I can't imagine the delight in the german camp