World Table Tennis Championships 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
a truly magnificent performance from Moregard...

he made the come back of the tournament being down 0-3 very badly. He started to play chopblocks, touch shots, and the Korean couldn't do anything but miss.. Koki Niwa has been reincarnated into a tall blond viking

but what a badass attitude, he got a well deserved yellow card. he threw his racket, he threw his towel, he gave kicks in the air.
and a also an overcelebration at the end, mimicking Waldner.. Waldner did that when he won his match at the final, that was only a best of 16 Truls..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
What a pity for Hirano. Played too conservatively towards the end of G1.

I like the female commentator - anyone knows who she is? I like this phrase she used - playing not to lose versus playing to win and fluctuating between these two, which aptly describes Hirano's psyche.

Wild thought, if Hirano had manage to capitalise on her game point in G1, she would have been up 3-0?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hirano is playing really great ! havent seen her playing so well for a long long time.
she was playing better lately, but her performance so far is great.
a 2-1 lead over Chen Meng who is seen scratching her head.

she needed 9 game points to win her first game , it was so difficult. got her 2nd game more easily ! hope she can keep on like that till the end !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
so so sad... i believed almost till the end in Miu Hirano. That point at 7-5 in the last game where CM received that low ball below the right side on the table , Hirano pushed it back clipping the net , CM pushed back and Hirano missed the next FH, that was too much. but she missed a serve and also an easy chiquita receive earlier on.... i guess CM was the most confident going into game 7

the big turning point of the match was in game 4, Hirano was up 2 games to 1 and 8-5, and she missed a (for that pro level) chance ball on her FH, and it was 8-6 instead of 9-5. I think the coach should have called a time out. actually, CM wouldn't lose any more points in that game...

Hirano lost G5 logically, was behind in G6 but managed to save match point and win it in deuce ! i thought she'd have momentum into G7 but that wasn't the case alas

it was difficult because from G5, Hirano wasn't winning most of the BH rallies anymore. she needed something else

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Miu was definitely unstable at the end. Probably ran out of gas. I think she did go for the chiquita too much being backhand dominate. She needs to forehand loop at least some of those serves to force CM to move. Change the rhythm so that CM can't just park in the backhand corner. Still, can't lose sight of the fact that Miu Hirano has improved tremendously. Her fast long serves were giving CM fits. There were times when she went for placement instead of power. However, she was probably too amped up when ahead. I have to admit, I though she kind of plateaued, but I'm glad to see she's making good progress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Gotta praise Jha, he beat Filus comfortably like someone very experienced in playing choppers, and he didn't use a super spinny game the kind of which the top CNT members use against choppers, reminds me of Ito too, You don't have to have the spinniest and deceptive strokes to beat a chopper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

well done to all quaterfinelists unless you pay its ended what a disgrace this should be free all around the world

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
No one talks about Liam Pitchford vs Liang Jingkun? Best match of the tournament so far. Liam was on fire. Is Liam the most consistent threat for the Chinese players now? He created problems for them every time. Very few can do that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well done Kristian and Mattias. China got really close to losing both doubles today.It's quite ironic, the first couple of days there were almost no spectators at table 1, because much more cool stuff was happening on the other tables. Now, there is still cool stuff on table 2, but nobody watching it because of table 1. A bit of an odd choice by the organizers.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi