World Table Tennis Championships 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Where have all these fans come from. Looks like such good atmosphere
just wish there were more people without Chinese heritage. I don't mean it in any bad way, it's just that those folks are who you absolutely expect to attend a WTTC, but outside of that group America doesn't seem all that interested in the event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Seems like a great turnout and atmosphere. Could have been even better if they hadn't inexplicably scheduled it for Thanksgiving weekend, an American holiday where many people who would have attended had family commitments which prevented them from coming. Also known as the worst weekend of the year for travelling. But wait, there's more. Moving from the inexplicable to the comical, the USATT scheduled of one of the biggest American table tennis tournaments (Joola North American Teams Championships) for this same weekend. Very funny.

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
calderano appeared poorely after winning 3 sets, I think the state of mind the main reason, when player reach 3-0 he should act like ma long, timo boll, they play the fourth set with powerful determination to end the game up... i know also that liangjingkun is so strong, but after 3-0 he was weaker than the time when started to win sets and fuel his confidence .. Chinese win again at mental strength

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
calderano appeared poorely after winning 3 sets, I think the state of mind the main reason, when player reach 3-0 he should act like ma long, timo boll, they play the fourth set with powerful determination to end the game up... i know also that liangjingkun is so strong, but after 3-0 he was weaker than the time when started to win sets and fuel his confidence .. Chinese win again at mental strength

Would have loved to have seen a Hugo versus FZD semi 😐

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Too easy for the Chinese. Even Mima didn't look threatening. Women's side disappoints once again. At least Suh Hyowon redeemed herself and basically gave the finger to KNT with her run.

Wait what was the story here behind Suh and the KNT?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
FZD v LJK is gonna be a titanic battle... the real final probably...

If LJK fell behind 0-3 to Calderano he will probably fall behind 0-4 to FZD. That forehand short touch strategy isn't going to work in this match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

If LJK fell behind 0-3 to Calderano he will probably fall behind 0-4 to FZD. That forehand short touch strategy isn't going to work in this match.

FZD is not as powerful as Hugo. That was one of the greatest power displays on the backhand diagonal that I had ever seen. Liang Jingkun's backhand got severely abused until they made it a short short game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

All true. Yet the fact that other young players (most of whom are a bit older than Harimoto) have been able to improve illustrates the point: namely that the thing that's "stalling" Harimoto's development isn't that he's too old. In other words, if others who are older than him (eg. Lin Jun Yu, Darko Jorgic, etc.) have been able to improve meaningfully after the age of about 20 then that suggests that, at 18, Harimoto still has plenty of time to develop. Of course, whether he actually does make the adjustments to technique/strategy/etc is another matter entirely. I hope so, because he is a fantastic player and it would be great to see him seriously challenging for the No. 1 spot at some stage.

I missed this conversation. I don't think it is fair to Harimoto to say he hasn't improved in the last four years. People who watch him in doubles and mixed doubles will see the difference and the fire in his forehand.

Zeio brought up the fact that Harimoto's parents really hold him to high academic standards and refuse to let him just play table tennis. They want him to go to schools with top academic reputations and not just sports reputations.

As for the Dyjas match, just pivoting to loop long serves would have changed a lot. Besides that, he needs to get to a better mindset when playing lower ranked opposition that are playing well. He feels he is the one under pressure and doesn't feel the need to risk. But I suspect with time and perspective a lot of this will change though since school is still a priority, it might not be to anyone's near term satisfaction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
If only there was a private recording or a stream of the Hugo - Liang and Mima - Wang matches. Those mediocre 6 minutes clips don't do them justice at all. Even if it is commentary in Chinese or another language I don't care

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Gotta say I dig this look...

edf%20jpg.jpeg

Reminiscent of boxing. Bringing some of that glamour to TT was a solid idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Harimoto played fantastic in this match as the finisher. Redemption for his struggles in singles. And I'm so happy that Hina Hayata can claim a silver or gold as well at these Championships!

Well she has a chance at 2 golds now, In XD and WD
She's coming like Japan's female Xu Xin now lol, their forehands are a bit similar to me actually, I mean the big stroke

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Mima Hina made it ! they beat Chen/Qian 3-2 coming back from 1-2, and set up a revenge match in the final against Wang / Sun.
2 years ago they lost to them in semis, and there was a very controversial ball that changed the match flow.