Dhs H301 / Donic Waldner WC89 OFF/ YINHE V14 pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi!
Nowadays im searching for a new blade, im considering Donic Waldner Wc 89 off, DHS Hurricane 301 (maybe better for dhs3neo and good alc), or even a YINHE 14 or 14 pro.

MY goals would be to improve sweetspot and backhand block, keep the forehand fast, have a bit less vibration than with the Tibhar Force, and atleast keep or improve serve receive\touchplay.

I briefely tried the Donic, felt amazing forehand spin, good control, and very consistent, but low feedback, and the DHS 301 need to test more but felt good but less speed it seems.

What are your thoughts on what would be better.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
Of the blades you mentioned I have only played with H301. Its an innerforce blade with koto top ply. It has a very woody feeling, you hardly recognize that it’s a carbon blade. Now one of it’s main features is that it is very thin (5,5mm) and thus flexes a lot which makes it an excellent looping blade (and a rather bad blade for blocking). It pairs really well with H3. I would recommend it for two winged loopers. The handle is very thin btw, not made for big hands.

Other blades to consider for your playing style (which seems to be quite similar to mine):

DHS Long 5: thicker than H301 (5.9mm), thus much better for blocking and just as good for looping and short game. Pairs extremely well with H3. Also an innerforce blade, but with limba top ply. Feels slightly more carbony than H301. It’s my recent blade of choice. Not very fast (lower Off range), although DHS claims it’ to be Off+.

Nexy Eucrasia: Innerforce blade with koto top ply. Thicker than H301 and Long 5 (6.1mm). This blade has an amazingly soft feel to it despite the hard koto outer ply. Since it’s thicker it better suited for close to the table strategies (blocking, of the bounce shots, drives etc.). But it’s also very good for looping. It’s a solid off blade which has very good control.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi!
Im a second league player in my country, with some years of experience.

Im a Attacker close to midrange mainly with forehand and some footwork. Played years with Primorac Carbon and then changed to Tibhar Force pro black edition and Tenergy 05 and felt an new world of feel and control.

Nowadays im searching for a new blade and also want to test dhs 3neo on forehand later next year.

For blades im considering Donic Waldner World Champion 89 off, DHS Hurricane 301 (maybe better for dhs3neo and good alc), or even a YINHE 14 or 14 pro.

MY goals would be to improve sweetspot and backhand block, keep the forehand fast and strong, have a bit less vibration than with the Tibhar Force, and atleast keep or improve serve receive\touchplay.

I briefely tried the Donic, felt amazing forehand spin, good control, and very consistent, but low feedback, and the DHS 301 need to test more but felt good but less speed it seems.

What are your thoughts on what would be better.
Of the listed blades, I have only tried dhs h301, which I normally play with. It is a cpen version, 5.8mm thick. I use it with skyline 2 on forehand and mxp for rpb. Although it is a carbon blade, such an impression is not obtained. Only with strong blows does this carbon activate and the blade then shows its true speed. In short play, blade gives phenomenal control, behaving like allwood blade.
It has a flexy feel so it’s good for looping, but for my taste it’s also great for the block. Significantly better in blocking than Tibhar Samsonov force black edition, a blade I played with for a year before switching to h301. Personally I like harder blades (koto compared to the limba tibhar samsonov) more because i have better feeling and my game is more consconsistant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Thanks guys!!!

A bit like MK73 said, i remembered that the 30 minutes i tried the H301 i got the feeling that sometimes blocks where going to the net, lower than Tibhar Force pro but that could be only because of the habit.

The Donic i liked the craftmanship, really well built. The Hurricane is ALC so maybe more modern?!? Not sure :D

Also ill keep the Tibhar Force Pro and maybe play with one or the other until i adapt 100%.

Mece your are the best, having played with tibhar and now with DHS301 can you compare them overall please?!? Serve and receive, forehand for strong top spin, and backhand blocking (this is where with Tibhar i oftend send the ball too long, tenergy 05 i probably too fast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks guys!!!

A bit like MK73 said, i remembered that the 30 minutes i tried the H301 i got the feeling that sometimes blocks where going to the net, lower than Tibhar Force pro but that could be only because of the habit.

I forgot to tell the budget, wich is around 70€ the price of H301 and Donic WWC89 in discount.

The Donic i liked the craftmanship, really well built. The Hurricane is ALC so maybe more modern?!? Not sure :D

Also ill keep the Tibhar Force Pro and maybe play with one or the other until i adapt 100%.

Mece your are the best, having played with tibhar and now with DHS301 can you compare them overall please?!? Serve and receive, forehand for strong top spin, and backhand blocking (this is where with Tibhar i oftend send the ball too long, tenergy 05 i probably too fast, gotta try the 1.9mm for backhand).

I tried a combination of tibhar samsonov(TSFPBE) and tenergy 05, 05 fx and 25 and it didn't work with those rubbers. They just don’t lie to me, especially in a short game. I switched to mxp and with those rubers it was much better, I became much more constant. But on fh I decided to go back to the tacky rubber I used before. Note that I play the penhold grip. Played Samsonov with H3 MXP and 301 Skyline2 MXP, while h3 i sky2 were boosted with 3 layers seamoon.
As for the service, due to the softer feeling from tsfpbe, the serves were spinier. Serves with301 are also spiny, but I think the moment I changed the wood it was noticeable to me that i did bit more spiny with previous blade. In general tacky rubber are great to serve with.
Serve recive. The 301 is simply phenomenal. This blade brilliantly shines in a short game. It behaves like an allwood blade. I am able to return very short balls with a heavy backspin. Also when pushed ball, heavy backspin can be added. Tsfpbe is really good in short game and serve recive, but i'm just impressed with feeling i have with 301. Maybe Tsfpbeis a bit bouncy, not too much, but it happened to me more often to pop up the ball. Maybe it's a little to the difference between h3 and sky2, because sky offer more control.
Looping with both blade is good. Tsfbe is a little more flexy and loops are a bit spinnier while 301 is deffinitly faster, espeacially if you do full swing and activate carbon. While looping backspin ball with 301 you will need to open a bit more racket angle due to 301 has lower throw angle.
Flat hits are significantly better with 301, significantly faster. This is where koto outer and carbon come to the fore.
Block. Tsfpbe is a good blade for blocking offering perfect control on blocks. Works great in combination with evolution mxp which is great rubber for block, while with h3 it requires active movement for the ball to cross the net, but this is normal for tacky rubber. 301 with mxp is faster, blocks are faster and yet control is good. Somehow it gives me the ability to put a lot more pressure on the opponent, without a significant difference in control. This opinion mostly applies to the backhand (rpb) block, since on fh and usually try to loop rather than the block.
​​​​​​If you tried h3 for the first time on dhs 301 after using tenergy 05, blade will definitely be slow for you. Also, the h3 is not a great rubber for block and flat hits. The H3 requires special technique and is quite difficult to switch to tacky rubber without a coach

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks guys!!!

I forgot to tell the budget, wich is around 70€ the price of H301 and Donic WWC89 in discount.

Mece your are the best, having played with tibhar and now with DHS301 can you compare them overall please?!? Serve and receive, forehand for strong top spin, and backhand blocking (this is where with Tibhar i oftend send the ball too long, tenergy 05 i probably too fast, gotta try the 1.9mm for backhand).
Another suggestion. If t05 is too bouncy for you, maybe it's better to try nittaku fastarc g1 or evolution mxs ... I believe that would solve the problem with the overshot table.
It's just suggestion, because i hate that rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Thanks a lot Mace!!

I get that feeling that the ball pop sometimes more than what i would like to with TBSFPBE and tenergy 05 on backhand, and ill need to test a less bouncier rubber (probably next season when the club buys us new material). I tried evolution mx-p and liked it, so mxs will probably be a good try for backhand.

The Hurricane 3 Neo is more like a vague try or test drive, like you said, without proper coaching and after a lifetime of jap/eur rubbers it won't be easy, and with the season running it's not a good time to change too much. But for what I played with it, it really lacks power without booster at least, but serve, receive and short game overall is incredible, so maybe with booster and some training + adaptation maybe things could work.

This being said, ill likely change the blade either to DHS301 or Donic before Christmas :D (and backhand rubber next season).

Do you get splinters in DHS when you reglue the rubbers? I read some people complaining about that.

The Donic some say it fells like a butterfly ZLC at a far cheaper price, even tough i never tried those, i feel it's probably right (well built and i like the handle very much). Donic + tenergy05 on forehand top spin is a breeze, fast with a great sound, block overall feels nice to, against backspin is harder to topspin because of course its not as sensitive as allwood Tibhar.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks a lot Mace!!

I get that feeling that the ball pop sometimes more than what i would like to with TBSFPBE and tenergy 05 on backhand, and ill need to test a less bouncier rubber (probably next season when the club buys us new material). I tried evolution mx-p and liked it, so mxs will probably be a good try for backhand.

The Hurricane 3 Neo is more like a vague try or test drive, like you said, without proper coaching and after a lifetime of jap/eur rubbers it won't be easy, and with the season running it's not a good time to change too much. But for what I played with it, it really lacks power without booster at least, but serve, receive and short game overall is incredible, so maybe with booster and some training + adaptation maybe things could work.

This being said, ill likely change the blade either to DHS301 or Donic before Christmas :D (and backhand rubber next season).

Do you get splinters in DHS when you reglue the rubbers? I read some people complaining about that.
I did not notice splintering, because i sealed my blade. I often remove rubber to boost thats reason why i did it. Deffinitly spintring is possible...

Reactions: Luigiii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I never sealed a blade, does it affect the play of the blade?

This is a point where Donic seems to have an advantage in build quality.

I sealed only this 301 blade and didnt try it before sealing so i cant tell you difference. Varnishing certainly changes the characteristics of balde in some way.

I have never tried donic equipment.

Maybe you could try to change just rubber on TSFPBE, if bouncy and spin sensitivity is your biggest problem right now in your game. Once you gain consistency and reduce errors with that bladee, you will be able to know for sure if you need a faster blade.​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews

I sealed only this 301 blade and didnt try it before sealing so i cant tell you difference. Varnishing certainly changes the characteristics of balde in some way.

I have never tried donic equipment.

Maybe you could try to change just rubber on TSFPBE, if bouncy and spin sensitivity is your biggest problem right now in your game. Once you gain consistency and reduce errors with that bladee, you will be able to know for sure if you need a faster blade.​​​

Makes sense.
Yeah the biggest problem is with the blocking on backhand mainly.
Tibhar speed is good enough for my taste, with t05 its plenty fast, a reason that lead me to change the blade is a better sweetspot and a bit less vibration on this dhs (alc) and donic (similar to szlc!?!).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
If you like the H301 you shouldnt look too far away from it and the Long 5 is a pretty big step away though some may see it differently.
You might checkout the 301x or maybe go for the better Yinhe blades like Yinhe pro 01 which is a really well made blade and srsly close to a viscaria excelt for the handle, which is overall a bit thicker than the 301 handle.

Besides that i can recommend my own current blade which feels more like the v14 but is made way better. No issues with splintering and a really nice feel though it doesnt have the same strong vibrationfeedback like the 301, which annoyed me more than it helped tbh^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Viscaria is one that i tried and found too fast for me, and didn't like the low feel against back spin, almost felt numb playing with it, too stiff for me i guess.

Dhs 301, 301x and 301t what are the main differences? Almost no info online about the new ones.

Im mainly between Donic Waldner World Champion 89 and DHS 301 (normal, x or t) 😵

Definitely more enlightened about the 301 because of everybody's help, since until now no one tried the Donic.

Im thinking 301 characteristics maybe better for my game (short game and receive more controllable/less stiffer than Donic). On the other hand splintering may be a problem to me (never had it with any other blade, Primorac Carbon, Tibhar power 40, Zhang Jike Alc, Tibhar Force pro BE), Donic may be better for backhand blocking, have an edge on forehand top spin and overall build quality and i really prefer it's handle shape.

Let's see if someone that plays or played with donic also show's up 🤣😁.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have the v14 pro and I like it but I'm not qualified and experienced enough to judge its quality as that is really my first non wall mart type of bat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
H301T seems to be new, 2021 version. The only thing i found said it's faster but that is too vague imo 😅.

According to that review between 301 and 301x i would probably choose the first, more controlled and more tested with great reviews by the community its a safer bet.

On revspin and megaspin everybody say marvels of Donic regarding block and overall blade quality.

What makes all this difficult is that both have amazing reviews and value for money ratings.

Seeing things a bit differently and maybe it's easier... With the style of play that i described earlier what would likely be better more compatible, an inner szlc blade (Donic wwc88) or a inner alc blade (dhs301)?
This may be the best way to put things into perspective.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
H301T seems to be new, 2021 version. The only thing i found said it's faster but that is too vague imo 😅.

According to that review between 301 and 301x i would probably choose the first, more controlled and more tested with great reviews by the community its a safer bet.

On revspin and megaspin everybody say marvels of Donic regarding block and overall blade quality.

What makes all this difficult is that both have amazing reviews and value for money ratings.

Seeing things a bit differently and maybe it's easier... With the style of play that i described earlier what would likely be better more compatible, an inner szlc blade (Donic wwc88) or a inner alc blade (dhs301)?
This may be the best way to put things into perspective.

Well actually it shouldnt be too vague if you already played and liked the 301. If the 301 is too slow for your liking the newer Version would probably be perfect for you.

Dont trust too much on reviews. We are way too individual and the reviews are often made by ppl who dont have decent comparisment standards (if thats the right term^^).

Myself for example played the 301 and many other blades. I wouldnt call the 301 bad, but i didnt have the same feeling with it. Additionally the weight is way too much around the head of the blade and not well balanced.
The vibration was way too annoying and i would give that blade a mediocre rating at best. It is not bad but equally far away from being good for me.
​​​​​
But again, if you like the blade and the only thing it lacked for you was speed, then why not take the same blade just faster.