Speed glue re-apply question

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello all, new to the forum here.
So I have an old racket, Maze passion blade with Andro rocket and Tackiness chop rubbers.

- The thing is.. I haven't been playing with it for years, and rubbers were glued with speed glue, but they peeled off on sides partially.
As I want to use that setup now for some time, I was wondering if there is any trick that I could temporarily do to re-glue those rubbers with the same glue that's layered on sponges now? So actually, to use some kind of solvent that will make the glue sticky again to stick them one more time, as there is no more speed glue to buy.
Thanks in advance! Alex

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Well technically you could use some paint thinner it works as solvent but I wouldn't bother with it. I'd just use some water based glue on the edges where it's peeling but you can also just take off the rubber completely and reglue it with water based glue. It works on top of the speed glue as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Well technically you could use some paint thinner it works as solvent but I wouldn't bother with it. I'd just use some water based glue on the edges where it's peeling but you can also just take off the rubber completely and reglue it with water based glue. It works on top of the speed glue as well.

Cool! Didn't know that it will work. Thanks!