Petition to Change the disgusting Camera Angle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have not logged into ttd for many years, but the latest trend in the videos posted by ittf compelled me to write this post. As you can already tell, it is because of the poor video qualities posted by ittf. More specifically, it is about the horrible camera angles of the most recent videos. Yes, i do understand that some people seem to enjoy the new angle, but the general consensus seems to be that most people hate the new angle. This seems to be down to a few reasons (more or less)

a. the angle distorts the angle that the ball seems to be travelling in. Lets say that the ball is pushed to the middle of the table to the player on the right side of the screen. If that player chooses to loop the ball to their right side (which will be perceived as "up" by us, the viewer), the change in angle will seem comparitively less than if they chose to loop to their left side. This is due to perspective, as seen in the image attached

b. table tennis is about strategy and ball control. The new angle does not represent this as accurately as the old angle

Now i do understand that "sponsers have to be shown", but there is no reason to choose this angle over the old angle. The old angle showed the sponsers just as well. In fact, if they really needed to show more sponsers, they coould have
a. edited their logos into the match, like a watermark
b. use the corner angle we have been desperately been asking for, and used curved signs at the corners to show the sponsers

Proposal:
Most videos uploaded by ittf seems to get only a couple hundred likes. If only 1000 people pushed a dislike button to every major video (such as qf to sm of an event) with the new angle, I think it could really force ittf to listen. As fans, we have been demanding for the simplest of things, and yet wtt has consistently never listened. I think it is time that we do something. If you have read this far and agree, push a dislike button on the ittf videos will you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
the most annoying thing is, that they have the perfect camera setup in place and only use it from time to time for some replays.

Just think about what would happen if they would dare to use a side camera for a tennis grandslam final... just terrible

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
It's like these lousy ITTF have nothing better to do but think of stupid ways to reinvent the sport and think it's gonna be cool and make a quick buck on the side. These people are completely shallow minded, all they're thinking that it's great we'll put extra ads on the side and more people will be noticing them and screw the game, who cares about people wanting a normal angle, the ittf just should be boycotted, almost every video I see has comments with even up to 20 likes that the side angle is rubbish.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Ironic that WTT was created to publicize the sport better but it's going backwards by televising it like that.

I don't see how this new angle allows for extra ads though; if anything, more sponsors were visible with the usual front-on angle.

Also since YT removed the dislike button, there needs to be another way to voice dissatisfaciton.

Reactions: BlackCat510
This user has no status.
Guys I think it is not about us , we understand strategy, spin , strokes etc ... it is about bringing it to the lay-man to enjoy the games and popularize the sport in which case , this is indeed the perfect camera setup. The old above-the-head camera just doesn't show it's real speed. I'm not really sure but I have the impression that the views did increase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It's like these lousy ITTF have nothing better to do but think of stupid ways to reinvent the sport and think it's gonna be cool and make a quick buck on the side. These people are completely shallow minded, all they're thinking that it's great we'll put extra ads on the side and more people will be noticing them and screw the game, who cares about people wanting a normal angle, the ittf just should be boycotted, almost every video I see has comments with even up to 20 likes that the side angle is rubbish.

I think the actual reason for it was saving money and not reinventing the sport.

Maybe not at the world cup level but at least in the Wtt that angle has the advantage that you can basically use a Stationary Webcam and you don't need a camera man moving around the camera and zooming in and out.

A dynamic camera is always better but you need to pay people to operate it (a camera man and also a Regisseur if you have more than one camera).

This user has no status.
I propose to write emails to the ITTF or WTT complaining about the new camera angle!
I think there are at least thousands of people out there who hate the new camera angle.

Once they receive all these emails they will understand that there is a serious problem. I think this is the only way to make us heard.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Now WTT just hide unlike button on their youtube highlights bro.

Last edited: