TTD Member 8 2
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 8

User Info Menu

Nov 2016
    Read 0 Reviews

Petition to Change the disgusting Camera Angle

I have not logged into ttd for many years, but the latest trend in the videos posted by ittf compelled me to write this post. As you can already tell, it is because of the poor video qualities posted by ittf. More specifically, it is about the horrible camera angles of the most recent videos. Yes, i do understand that some people seem to enjoy the new angle, but the general consensus seems to be that most people hate the new angle. This seems to be down to a few reasons (more or less)

a. the angle distorts the angle that the ball seems to be travelling in. Lets say that the ball is pushed to the middle of the table to the player on the right side of the screen. If that player chooses to loop the ball to their right side (which will be perceived as "up" by us, the viewer), the change in angle will seem comparitively less than if they chose to loop to their left side. This is due to perspective, as seen in the image attached

b. table tennis is about strategy and ball control. The new angle does not represent this as accurately as the old angle

Now i do understand that "sponsers have to be shown", but there is no reason to choose this angle over the old angle. The old angle showed the sponsers just as well. In fact, if they really needed to show more sponsers, they coould have
    a. edited their logos into the match, like a watermark
    b. use the corner angle we have been desperately been asking for, and used curved signs at the corners to show the sponsers

Proposal:
    Most videos uploaded by ittf seems to get only a couple hundred likes. If only 1000 people pushed a dislike button to every major video (such as qf to sm of an event) with the new angle, I think it could really force ittf to listen. As fans, we have been demanding for the simplest of things, and yet wtt has consistently never listened. I think it is time that we do something. If you have read this far and agree, push a dislike button on the ittf videos will you?

The Following 6 Users Like Sungmin Lee's Post:

AndyK, Atas Newton and 4 others

This user has no status.

TTD Member 21 28
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 21

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Yes, sadly I think this is the only way to make ITTF/WTT pay attention to how most TT fans feel about those horrible side and overhead angles.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 186 375
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 375 186
    I can live with the net-level angle when there's an actual cameraman behind the camera, moving it left or right when the players move away from the table. But overall, I think it was bad idea and wouldn't mind seeing it go.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 132 125
    K
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 125 132

User Info Menu

Jul 2019
    Japan
    Read 0 Reviews
    the most annoying thing is, that they have the perfect camera setup in place and only use it from time to time for some replays.

Just think about what would happen if they would dare to use a side camera for a tennis grandslam final... just terrible

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 186 375
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 375 186
    They really didn't need to reinvent the bloody wheel. Old school angles are superior.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 27 193
    T
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 193 27
    the whole change was like giving headache pills to a healthy person. why would you ruin that -_-

The Following 2 Users Like TheKhan123's Post:

BlackCat510 and karupinkun

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 142 455
    B
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 455 142

User Info Menu

Jul 2012
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    It's like these lousy ITTF have nothing better to do but think of stupid ways to reinvent the sport and think it's gonna be cool and make a quick buck on the side. These people are completely shallow minded, all they're thinking that it's great we'll put extra ads on the side and more people will be noticing them and screw the game, who cares about people wanting a normal angle, the ittf just should be boycotted, almost every video I see has comments with even up to 20 likes that the side angle is rubbish.

The Following User Likes bzing's Post:

BlackCat510

This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 8
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 4

User Info Menu

Jul 2021
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    Ironic that WTT was created to publicize the sport better but it's going backwards by televising it like that.

I don't see how this new angle allows for extra ads though; if anything, more sponsors were visible with the usual front-on angle.

Also since YT removed the dislike button, there needs to be another way to voice dissatisfaciton.

The Following User Likes arlentan's Post:

BlackCat510

says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 862 2,211
    says Dima... Amazing...

Master TTD Member 2,211 862

User Info Menu

I do find it strange youtube removed dislikes but wtt will still see them if that helps

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 105 176
    M
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 176 105
    Guys I think it is not about us , we understand strategy, spin , strokes etc ... it is about bringing it to the lay-man to enjoy the games and popularize the sport in which case , this is indeed the perfect camera setup. The old above-the-head camera just doesn't show it's real speed. I'm not really sure but I have the impression that the views did increase

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 110 257
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 257 110

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bzing
    It's like these lousy ITTF have nothing better to do but think of stupid ways to reinvent the sport and think it's gonna be cool and make a quick buck on the side. These people are completely shallow minded, all they're thinking that it's great we'll put extra ads on the side and more people will be noticing them and screw the game, who cares about people wanting a normal angle, the ittf just should be boycotted, almost every video I see has comments with even up to 20 likes that the side angle is rubbish.

I think the actual reason for it was saving money and not reinventing the sport.

Maybe not at the world cup level but at least in the Wtt that angle has the advantage that you can basically use a Stationary Webcam and you don't need a camera man moving around the camera and zooming in and out.

A dynamic camera is always better but you need to pay people to operate it (a camera man and also a Regisseur if you have more than one camera).

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 833 622
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 622 833

User Info Menu

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/for...y-WTT-nowadays

This might show what TTD members think.

I do agree with you though, if they had used the previous angle, I would have watched most of the WTTC matches already but I have only watched 2.

says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 1,179 971
    says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 971 1,179
    I think the idea was to make it look better on mobile devices, where you wanna utilize as much width as possible. However, tennis or badminton are doing just fine with the traditional angle in this mobile era. Maybe the look of TT was never actually a problem? :-)
    the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 162 351
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 351 162
    I propose to write emails to the ITTF or WTT complaining about the new camera angle!
    I think there are at least thousands of people out there who hate the new camera angle.

Once they receive all these emails they will understand that there is a serious problem. I think this is the only way to make us heard.
    Last edited by TTLOVE; 11-29-2021 at 11:51 AM.

says No side angle please.

TTD Member 2 4

TTD Member 4 2

User Info Menu

Nov 2013
    Thailand
    Read 0 Reviews
    Now WTT just hide unlike button on their youtube highlights bro.
    Last edited by samg1er; 11-30-2021 at 11:10 AM.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 53
    K
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 53 12

User Info Menu

Feb 2013
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samg1er
    Now WTT just hide unlike button on their youtube highlights bro.

It's the new standard on Youtube, not only on WTT. Only the channel owner will see the dislike number.

TTD Member 2 4

TTD Member 4 2

User Info Menu

Nov 2013
    Thailand
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by krro

It's the new standard on Youtube, not only on WTT. Only the channel owner will see the dislike number.

I see. Thanks bro.

says i saw a vid of me playing, it was horrible to see

Advanced TTD Member 62 222
    P
    says i saw a vid of me playing, it was horrible to see

Advanced TTD Member 222 62

Yes, this side camera angle is horrible. We dont see the curve of the ball ... Horrible angle 😫.

says I'm the next TOP-ranked player

TTD Member 0 6
    says I'm the next TOP-ranked player

TTD Member 6 0

User Info Menu

Dec 2021
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews

I'm also don't understand for what they ruin that🤯

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 73 165
    D
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 165 73
    Maybe this camera angle works best for hiding equipment from the naïve public such as myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast