Need new rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi everyone i’ve been playing palio ak47 red and yellow on my tibhar stratus powerwood for 2 weeks now and i don’t like it one bit.. can someone recommend me new set of rubbers? around 30$ per sheet if possible. i like to block a lot and forehand loop when i have a chance.. as for backhand mostly simple topspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi everyone i’ve been playing palio ak47 red and yellow on my tibhar stratus powerwood for 2 weeks now and i don’t like it one bit.. can someone recommend me new set of rubbers? around 30$ per sheet if possible. i like to block a lot and forehand loop when i have a chance.. as for backhand mostly simple topspin.

What do you dislike on those rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
What do you dislike on those rubbers?

that’s the think i can describe. they just don’t feel right with me. i came from playing rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft. don’t feel like changing them from old racket to new one and just want to try new rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think the Xiom Vega Asia or Europe can be bought for around ~30USD. But I can't say they will be very different from Rakza 7, all these German made rubbers are pretty much the same. Probably the Vega Asia is a bit faster and softer feeling while Vega Europe is more topspin oriented. I guess Vega Asia on BH and Europe for Forehand would be a not too bad combo.

Or there are the DHS Gold arc 5 and 8 on Aliexpress around 30USD. It's a newer also German made rubber.

If you want some tacky rubber you can try Tibhar K2, it can be purchased for around 26USD on Ali.

Or you can try to get Stiga Mantra or Rozena from Butterfly. These are all around the 30+ USD mark too on Prott.

I'm not sure why so many people recommend or try the AK47, while the Yinhe Moon Speed is much better. AK47 feels like it's made from plastic bags, while the Moon Speed feels like a proper rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I think the Xiom Vega Asia or Europe can be bought for around ~30USD. But I can't say they will be very different from Rakza 7, all these German made rubbers are pretty much the same. Probably the Vega Asia is a bit faster and softer feeling while Vega Europe is more topspin oriented. I guess Vega Asia on BH and Europe for Forehand would be a not too bad combo.

Or there are the DHS Gold arc 5 and 8 on Aliexpress around 30USD. It's a newer also German made rubber.

If you want some tacky rubber you can try Tibhar K2, it can be purchased for around 26USD on Ali.

Or you can try to get Stiga Mantra or Rozena from Butterfly. These are all around the 30+ USD mark too on Prott.

I'm not sure why so many people recommend or try the AK47, while the Yinhe Moon Speed is much better. AK47 feels like it's made from plastic bags, while the Moon Speed feels like a proper rubber.

Can i ask why u recommend the asia for backhand and europe for fh when the europe is a soft rubber and people would actually prefer hard rubbers on fh?

Do you mind explaining a little about the dhs arcs and mantra and rozena and how they will play differently to my current rubbers.

I completely agree on the palio ak47 one, shouldn’t have listened to them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I used Vega Asia for backhand in the past, it's not a miracle rubber, but fast enough and easy to handle and very cheap nowdays. The top rubber feels rather soft and the sponge is also not too firm. I like its relative insensitiveness and speed on my BH. I don't use it anymore but for ~30USD it's great. It's a good Tenergy 64 alternative on the cheap.

I never used Vega Europe extensively but many people who I know love it. It can be also used for backhand, not just forehand. When I tried it, it was easy to do spinny open ups with it. It didn't feel as fast as Vega Asia, that's why I wouldn't use it on BH personally, but it could be good for others. I think this is created as a "feel good" rubber for the people who used to enjoy the speedglue era. It has that kind of sensation.

DHS Gold arc 5 I only said cause it's for sure below 30USD and I think it's similar to Vega and Hexer series, not high end, but for sure miles better than AK47.
Gold Arc 8 I tried, it's really well balanced rubbers, similar to Rasanter 47, Bluestorm, Nexxus, Rhyzer etc series of rubbers just cheaper than all of them. You can read a lot about these rubbers. I think Gold Arc 8 is probably the most balanced of all these German made ones, but they are all basically the same thing with a differently colored sponge.

Mantra and Rozena are Japanese made and are not factory boosted so their performance won't change much during their lifespan. Of course the wear will make the grip worse over time, but German rubbers are factory boosted and after 1-2 months they change play characteristics. (get slower, more dead, their size shrinks if you take it off your racket) Also Japanese rubbers are a bit lighter which I care about.
Rozena is like a Tenergy 80 "lite" in my opinion. Bit slower, bit less spinny, bit softer, but only really marginally. And more easy to use.
Mantra is a very stable rubber, direct, not spin sensitive, doesn't do any magic but does everything very well. Very well balanced.

I'd probably pick Rozena from Prott if I had to chose from these. If you can get MX-P for 30ish USD that's probably even better, but I don't think that it can be purchased for that cheap. MX-P is also German, factory boosted, but it is different than other German rubbers. Anyways German rubbers have many issues so I don't like them, but for 30UDS you can get some of them and those tend to be significantly better than Chinese made euro/jap style rubbers.

If you're not shy of sticky hybrid rubbers Hurricane 3-50 35deg version is very soft and feels good, bit slow maybe but very enjoyable to use, has a nice speedglue feeling and sound, just don't expect the speed with it. It won't feel very foreign to use, it's not like a H3 Neo at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Gold Arc 8 I tried, it's really well balanced rubbers, similar to Rasanter 47, Bluestorm, Nexxus, Rhyzer etc series of rubbers just cheaper than all of them. You can read a lot about these rubbers. I think Gold Arc 8 is probably the most balanced of all these German made ones, but they are all basically the same thing with a differently colored sponge.
Is Gold Arc 8 also a 'thin-topsheet' style rubber like Rasanter, Rhyzer, Nexxus, etc.?

I thought, given that the max sponge thickness is 2.1mm (and not the 2.3mm that usually comes as an option with the 'thin-topsheet' rubbers), that it was a more traditional style rubber with a moderately thick sponge and a 'normal' thickness topsheet. In other words, I thought Gold Arc 8 was more like T05 or Fastarc G-1.

That would make it a German-made, Japanese-style, Chinese rubber!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Is Gold Arc 8 also a 'thin-topsheet' style rubber like Rasanter, Rhyzer, Nexxus, etc.?

I thought, given that the max sponge thickness is 2.1mm (and not the 2.3mm that usually comes as an option with the 'thin-topsheet' rubbers), that it was a more traditional style rubber with a moderately thick sponge and a 'normal' thickness topsheet. In other words, I thought Gold Arc 8 was more like T05 or Fastarc G-1.

That would make it a German-made, Japanese-style, Chinese rubber!

You have a point there, and I don't know if it has that thin top sheet. DHS doesn't market it much lol.
I also don't think it has the ultramax thickness, but as far as I can tell Asian manufacturers didn't buy into that 2.1mm+ sponge idea. Ok, H3 has 2.15 and 2.2mm but that's just such a popular rubber that it could have all the thickness in the world and it would be justified.

I would not spend 50-60USD for a Rasanter or Omega7 over a 35-40USD GA8.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

I don't understand why you guys are hating on AK47 .. I have 3 variants (Red, Blue & Yellow), and I'm quite happy with all 3.. Yes, they may not be the most spinny rubbers out there, but produce a respectable amounts, especially the Red variant..

Goldarc 5 is strictly okay .. nothing special at all .. I'm surprised that it's been recommended over AK47 .. Goldarc is a $15 sheet, that sells for almost twice that..

Goldarc 8, on the other hand is a decent option .. I liked for both, blocking and topspinning ..

Nittaku Fastarc G-1, is another rubber I quite like ..