Losing grip on BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello I’m a 16 year old beginner/intermediate penhold player using yinhe jupiter 2 on FH and Palio ak47 blue for RPB . As I’m still fairly new my wrist strength is not where I want it to be and often my wrist becomes loose messing up my backhand especially. What are the best recommended exercises or should I just get a grip strength squeezer? Another thing is my bh rubber is not tacky and especially once I start sweating it’s very slippery. This causes my RPB to again become very weak and look and my back 3 fingers are not strong holding the paddle. Is there a way to fix this by adding grip somehow or is this still relating to weak wrist strength? Thanks

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
theres a way to fix the issue of your fingers slipping on your BH side

what i did is sand a small area on my BH rubber where my fingers are resting with sandpaper

i did play once with my BH rubber unsanded and i couldn't grip my blade properly, i had a much better time playing w/ my BH rubber sanded

i would show pictures but i have no clue on how to upload pictures directly from my computer in this forum.

also i think your BH rubber is fine the way it is. tacky rubbers can and do work for rpb, but they won't really change your game in a big way than you think it would.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayanH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Can you shoot a Foto of your hand gripping the bat and upload it here (Foto of both sides of rubber)
​​​​​​?

Maybe we see a mistake
​​
Also maybe this video helps
https://youtu.be/Abk-bK3bnkw

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

I’ll try that thanks if you figure out how to upload picture that would be a great help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

Oh it’s not a problem with my grip I have a penhold coach and this is a typical rpb grip that he approves I think it has more to do with grip strength and backhand rubber