W968 rubber choice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Totally personal preference. Probably the reason you think that all the players who play with that blade, play with tacky rubbers. It is easy to buy other inner carbon blades instead of W968 out of China. Additionally, I think there aren't much players who are sponsored by DHS out of China.

Those who plays with inner carbon blade and grippy rubbers;
- Harimoto
- Patrick Franziska
- Quadri Aruna
- Lee Sangsu(now with D09C)

Frankly, blades with soft outer ply cause much more ball slipping than hard outer ply blades on brush strokes with tacky rubbers(I.e. counter topspin against slow spinny shot). Because you have to brush with tacky rubbers, the sponge should stay firm enough to activate top sheet during ball contact. I think that soft top ply is bending more and cause the sponge to be unable to do its job.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I’ve finally got my hands on a W968.

My BH choice is T64.

Most people said W968 is designed to go with Tacky rubber on the FH.

But I wonder if anyone has used any non-tacky rubber as FH W968/Long V?

I have tried w968 with boosted H3, dignics 09c and andro rasanter r53. Best was for sure a well boosted H3 for about 2 weeks after the effect starting wearing off. I loved it even with r53 especially away from the table for counterlooping. It is a total rocket with R53. With dignics 09c it was a spinny, and a very safe setup. Not as fast as r53 but lot of dwell and feeling. I think w968 pairs very well even with hard grippy rubbers along with tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Thanks guys. Good to know your experience.

I love boosted H3. Powerful spin.

I have a w968 with Boosted H3 on both sides.

I have a Butterfly setup (Vis + D05/T64)

I played both setups with the same guy.

I lost 1-3 with w968.

I won 3-2 with Vis.

But I love the dwell time and aesthetic of w968. So I will try Butterfly rubber on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks guys. Good to know your experience.

I love boosted H3. Powerful spin.

I have a w968 with Boosted H3 on both sides.

I have a Butterfly setup (Vis + D05/T64)

I played both setups with the same guy.

I lost 1-3 with w968.

I won 3-2 with Vis.

But I love the dwell time and aesthetic of w968. So I will try Butterfly rubber on it.

try dignics 09c then. You wont be disappointed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

try dignics 09c then. You wont be disappointed.

I have it.

I played it on my Vis, muted and little feedback. D05 is way better. I feel D05 is also slightly tacky and gives more feel.

09C performed a lot better on my soft 5-ply wood.

So I don’t think 09C will feel good on w968

This user has no status.
Most Chinese ML5/W968 players use a softer, higher throw rubber like T05 on their backhand, and boosted H3 on their forehand. My Chinese coach uses 09c on his backhand instead, but still H3 National Blue sponge on FH. He loaned me his backup blade (ML5 Provincial) for six weeks, and I love it. The H3 on FH is a keeper, but I’m considering 05 for BH when I get my new blade.

says Rozena! You complete me.
I’ve finally got my hands on a W968.

My BH choice is T64.

Most people said W968 is designed to go with Tacky rubber on the FH.

But I wonder if anyone has used any non-tacky rubber as FH W968/Long V?

How dare you break the dogma of TT world. How dare you even think of using something else other than DHS H3 on W968, you blasphemous infidels! Burn! Burn! Burn you wretched infidel!

Oh by the way, Long V is a clone of Innerforce right? I suppose Tenergy / Dignics would be the next best option. 😂