Lifespan of hurricane rubbers

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I have a Butterfly setup and a DHS setup.

Butterfly- D05 + T64 on a Viscaria
DHS - boosted H3 BS + boosted commercial H3 on W968

Approximately 1 out of 5 thin brush strokes, my H3 slips. In contrast my D05 grips much better and never slips.

After almost a decade of using DHS rubbers my suspicion is that the quality has gone downhill.

We used to play commercial H3 fine until provincial H3 became available in higher quality. It seems provincial H3 is just as bad as the commercial one a few years ago. So I guess DHS wants us all to buy their National H3
In terms of longevity, do h3 rubbers (bs) last longer than tensor rubbers like dignics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews

I watched the video. Your technique is fine mostly. But (respectfully) the 13 year olds in my school team would wreck you(probably because they are top ten in Beijing). It’s very hard to use H3 well and practicing will probably help. Good luck!

Hi I am not in top 10 in Bavaria or in Munich. Maybe is because of that.

Being good at table tennis is not about equipment. Anyway, if you have an advice that would be more helpful then "13 year old top 10 in Beijing" wrecking me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think H3 BS can be used without boosting just fine. It lasted me for a year (without boosting) and I didn't have slipping issues. I used revolution cleaner on it after every training and applied plastic sheet. This way it kept picking up balls, even now it can pick it up but the top sheet detached from the sponge in the middle.

I did give it absolute hell so it was very durable. With boosting they say the top sheet will detach much sooner.
But a guaranteed original H3 blue sponge is quite expensive and if you don't boost it maybe a hybrid rubber would be more worth it. I really enjoyed Tibhar K2 on my forehand. I can loop kill with it the same way with H3 BS and it's dirt cheap too on aliexpress.

K2 is not an exact match on playing characteristics to H3 BS, but Battle 2 gold is super close to it. K2 is just a great sticky hybrid rubber.
I guess D09c is comparable in price to original H3 BS and D09c probably has better durability and doesn't need to be boosted either.

This user has no status.
Hi I am not in top 10 in Bavaria or in Munich. Maybe is because of that.

Being good at table tennis is not about equipment. Anyway, if you have an advices that would be more helpful then "13 year old top 10 in Beijing" wrecking me.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I offended you.
Maybe buy the national version like DHS wants us to do…
My best guess is a bad batch by DHS and bad Chinese quality control combined with humid, cold or sweaty conditions. Buy another rubber a few months later and see if that works. Or just use butterfly, it’s guaranteed good quality.😀

This user has no status.
I think H3 BS can be used without boosting just fine. It lasted me for a year (without boosting) and I didn't have slipping issues. I used revolution cleaner on it after every training and applied plastic sheet. This way it kept picking up balls, even now it can pick it up but the top sheet detached from the sponge in the middle.

I did give it absolute hell so it was very durable. With boosting they say the top sheet will detach much sooner.
But a guaranteed original H3 blue sponge is quite expensive and if you don't boost it maybe a hybrid rubber would be more worth it. I really enjoyed Tibhar K2 on my forehand. I can loop kill with it the same way with H3 BS and it's dirt cheap too on aliexpress.

K2 is not an exact match on playing characteristics to H3 BS, but Battle 2 gold is super close to it. K2 is just a great sticky hybrid rubber.
I guess D09c is comparable in price to original H3 BS and D09c probably has better durability and doesn't need to be boosted either.

Do you live in heaven?😨 Where I live H3 BS provincial and D09C has a 60 USD price difference. I wish I was you. Really want Butterfly rubbers…

Sep 2019

I see.
Which one of the two usually last longer? H3 neo bs (boosted or not) or butterfly dignics rubbers?
Here’s the two setups I’m considering :

1. Butterfly harimoto innerforce alc + rozena (bh) + dignics 05 or just rozena (fh)

2. I’m waiting for the new xiom blade used by an jaehyun thinking to pair it with h3 neo provincial bs 39/40 degree (fh) + rozena/omega 7 pro (bh)

I’m finding hard to choose one of them for some reasons also because I’m paying those products myself. I want what’s best for me and something like worth paying for the price doesn’t matter how much each setup cost I just prefer price to value ones. Durability and longevity matters to me as well since I’m just an amateur player, I used to train at a local club with coach for about a year but now I just play completely for fun so I wish to have a racket that stays with me as long as possible. Sorry if my reply is quite long and don’t mind if you feel complicate reading mine. I hope you understand what I meant🙌
Any suggestion please

This user has no status.

I see.
Which one of the two usually last longer? H3 neo bs (boosted or not) or butterfly dignics rubbers?
Here’s the two setups I’m considering :

1. Butterfly harimoto innerforce alc + rozena (bh) + dignics 05 or just rozena (fh)

2. I’m waiting for the new xiom blade used by an jaehyun thinking to pair it with h3 neo provincial bs 39/40 degree (fh) + rozena/omega 7 pro (bh)

I’m finding hard to choose one of them for some reasons also because I’m paying those products myself. I want what’s best for me and something like worth paying for the price doesn’t matter how much each setup cost I just prefer price to value ones. Durability and longevity matters to me as well since I’m just an amateur player, I used to train at a local club with coach for about a year but now I just play completely for fun so I wish to have a racket that stays with me as long as possible. Sorry if my reply is quite long and don’t mind if you feel complicate reading mine. I hope you understand what I meant🙌
Any suggestion

I think D09C is more durable. As you can see from this thread H3s have problems. If you have the money go for Butterfly.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Do you live in heaven?😨 Where I live H3 BS provincial and D09C has a 60 USD price difference. I wish I was you. Really want Butterfly rubbers…

Well maybe you live in heaven, I'm not sure... The cheapest H3 BS Neo I can get is around 50USD. D09c for 70USD, But while I know D09c is original I'm not so sure about the H3. H3 BS from a fully reputable source is min 60EUR and that is indeed about the same cost as D09c...

This user has no status.

Well maybe you live in heaven, I'm not sure... The cheapest H3 BS Neo I can get is around 50USD. D09c for 70USD, But while I know D09c is original I'm not so sure about the H3. H3 BS from a fully reputable source is min 60EUR and that is indeed about the same cost as D09c...

Oh dear I did NOT think that through. So the H3 is as expensive as the D09C…😂