Bfly too expensive, rubber advice please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Very interesting. I am now leaning towards this recommendation.. V15extar FH, G1 BH, not quite sold on G1 BH as not sure how comparitive it is to 05FX but wondering if could maybe even flip flop these and go G1FH and V15extra BH depending on how things turn out. Other choice would be Rozena for BH.

Just to be aware: A number of folks who love G-1 as a FH rubber are not the biggest fans of it as a BH rubber.
I'm in that category. I've yet to play with a rubber that I think beats G-1 on the FH, but there are a number of others I prefer as BH rubbers. Some that come to mind are DNA Pro M, Evolution EL-S, Rakza 7, Vega X, Tenergy 19.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Very interesting. I am now leaning towards this recommendation.. V15extar FH, G1 BH, not quite sold on G1 BH as not sure how comparitive it is to 05FX but wondering if could maybe even flip flop these and go G1FH and V15extra BH depending on how things turn out. Other choice would be Rozena for BH.

I don't remember seeing it, but are either the v15 or G1 factory boosted like other ESN's and will fall off in play after awhile? I see both have comments of long durablity.

This review helped, I wonder if yogi_bear still feels the same about it or others feel the same as he wrote it.
V15 review
I had nearly the same experiences as Yogi described. The sponge activation is enough to perform awesome shots. In my training they were so great, i nearly changed my Hurricane 3 against it^^. Really spinny and with a bit effort the shots become really fast as you can see in the review by Matsu.
I sticked with it on my bh though because i have a really strong and hard stroke with my wrist. Everything softer and/or with more catapult goes either way over the table or just doesnt get grabbed enough by the rubber so it just drops off my racket.
I doubt that the v15 is factorytuned because it is completely flat "out of the box". And it doesnt shrink on your blade or does anything "weird" at all^^

Tenergy 05fx is softer so i would go for a softer rubber than 47,5 (victas v15). The G1 id say has more controll but is slower than the 05fx from what i saw (never touched the 05fx myself).
Another possibility could be the Ventus extra or the V15 limber (in case you like it even softer).
In a similar pricerange you could even think of the Xiom Omega VII pro (maybe a bit more expensive depending on the region).

Edit: The rubbers mentioned by Manto are considerable too. Though i would say that the Stiga DNA pro series is ****ing fast and lacks controll compared to the rest. And instead of Rakza 7 i would suggest Rakza 7 soft.

Last edited:
Reactions: j-bo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews

Thank you. I did not know this. Strange that many posts don't complain about durability in a lot of those companies and the tibhar evolutions, and my own experience with the bluefires, drop off was quite noticeable. I'll have to delve more to see why that is.

I liked the reviews of the evolution and if I hadn't read so much about durability issues I'd probably go with MX-P on FH and "something" on the BH.

I guess that it all depends on what meaning you put into "durability".

The factory boosting is quite intense in a rubber like MX-P and wears off in 2-3 weeks making it a bit more controlled. I typically get 2 months out of a sheet of MX-P when I train 6-10h/week and since I twiddle a lot the rubber gets a lot more usage than if I would play as a doublesided looper. The MX-P top sheet is durable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Butterfly isn't most expensive if you account durability. T05 is one of the most durable rubbers for me.
MX-P And Bluefire M2 are the least durable rubbers I've ever played with. That would make them most expensive.
Vega Pro on the other hand was very durable. It didn't have much spin to begin with though but it's performance doesn't drop that significantly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

I guess that it all depends on what meaning you put into "durability".

The factory boosting is quite intense in a rubber like MX-P and wears off in 2-3 weeks making it a bit more controlled. I typically get 2 months out of a sheet of MX-P when I train 6-10h/week and since I twiddle a lot the rubber gets a lot more usage than if I would play as a doublesided looper. The MX-P top sheet is durable.

I have opposite opinion.
After few weeks I found MX-P less controllable because it didn't grip well anymore.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
and how to find this message where he writes his opinion?

ESN rubbers have been catching up with the Japanese-made rubber for a few years now. There are ESN rubbers that can be as good or even better than the Japanese-made ones and they are sure way more affordable.

above taken from Yogi's post - #1
Joola Dynaryz ZRG & CDM rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

what Is wrong with Fastarc G1 used for BH (and also FH)

I currently use G1 on both my backhand and forehand on a 5-ply wood blade. I absolutely love it on the FH -- it's a just a superb spinny and durable rubber, with a nice non-tacky grip. On the BH I'm looking for a softer and bouncier rubber because I don't use a full stroke and my blocking tends to be more passive than active. I feel that the G1 is a good BH for people who have well developed, active and full strokes, but it doesn't work as well for me.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I asked the same question to Sergei @TT11 and he recommended FastArc G1 and C1 for FH and BH. I recently have put them on TB ALC and it feels very linear and good rubber.
Also, I used Xiom O7P and Donic Acuda S2 on FH and BH and both are very good. I have been using them for 7 months now and both are still holding good.
For Xiom O7P I must say that the skill level needs to be very good as the rubber is very fast. Also, please read yogi_bear's review which is spot on in terms on spin generation from this rubber. This is a soft topsheet and 47.5 degrees sponge hardness rubber which requires sponge compression more in order to generate good spin. I believe this applies to every thin topsheet and thicker sponge rubbers in the market now. So, be aware of this before you make a switch.

Reactions: j-bo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
V15 extra..G1..V15...G1...grrr.

Im set on buying Rozena for BH...and if I can't make up my mind...maybe FH also.

V15?...no factory boost. Don't see a lot of reviews or much people mention they play with it. Some great, some bad.
G1? Many say its durable..but some say factory boost wears and then its harder to play. Best seller in Japan.

Costs are close enough between them that its a non issue.

I currently use G1 on both my backhand and forehand on a 5-ply wood blade. I absolutely love it on the FH -- it's a just a superb spinny and durable rubber, with a nice non-tacky grip. On the BH I'm looking for a softer and bouncier rubber because I don't use a full stroke and my blocking tends to be more passive than active. I feel that the G1 is a good BH for people who have well developed, active and full strokes, but it doesn't work as well for me.

I completely agree with the fact that G-1 is a bit hard for BH. In general, my personal observation is that G-1 is very good on flexible blades, but not those outer ALC TBALC/Viscaria type of blades.
Durability wise G-1 indeed is outstanding, in my experience it can easily last for 6 months. It definitely becomes different in 2 months already, but still very grippy and playable.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
G-1 sure is a bit firm, with a medium hard sponge and a relatively rigid topsheet. For me that’s what makes it fit my BH.

On the FH, a softer topsheet on a harder sponge (R53) played ok as well.

I may be atypical in preferring the same on both wings these days, but I do. T09 was tempting, but after some tinkering I still prefer G-1.

Many obviously want a softer BH; T05/T05fx, R7/R7-Soft, H3NatBS/T05, G-1/C-1 combos galore. It’s still not a given, though.

Reactions: damszelfly
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
OP has stated that he likes T05FX on bh but doesn‘t want to pay the price anymore and looks for alternatives. So obviously he likes softer bh rubbers (42-43 degrees). What he gets in this thread are suggestions for medium hard rubbers (47,5 degrees) and even more expensive Butterfly rubbers (D05, V15 Extra, Ventus Extra, G1, Rakza 7 etc.). Makes sense!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Stop being lazy and find a better paying job or professional activity and buy Butterfly, and change rubbers twice more often.You will be also able to buy a new car or house as well...

😂

joking by the way you can buy a Korbel and play with Rozena both sides. Its a decent racket, and cheaper than a lot of alternatives

Reactions: Equaaz and j-bo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
OP has stated that he likes T05FX on bh but doesn‘t want to pay the price anymore and looks for alternatives. So obviously he likes softer bh rubbers (42-43 degree). What he gets iin this thread is suggestions for medium hard rubbers and even more expensive Butterfly rubbers (D05, G1, Rakza 7 etc.). Makes sense!

Yeah kinda nothing to discuss here anymore.
But besides this he got at least my suggestions which fullfilled exactly this. Dunno why ppl bother to write if they just do not read beforehand...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Thanks all!

I feel good with my choice. I'll definitely know if it was the right one in a couple of weeks. And if not, no big deal, will try again...and I'll blame Attitude . Ha. Seriously. Thanks.

V15 extra FH, Rozena BH