Bfly too expensive, rubber advice please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Thanks all!

I feel good with my choice. I'll definitely know if it was the right one in a couple of weeks. And if not, no big deal, will try again...and I'll blame Attitude . Ha. Seriously. Thanks.

V15 extra FH, Rozena BH

lol
Plz give feedback. I am especially curious about the Rozena. Doubt that i will ever go for Butterfly but i am still interested if it gives you at least a kinda similar feeling than the tenergy 05fx.

Ah and i forgot about that point you made of not many people playing with it: There are at least several pros using the V15 extra, like Liam Pitchford, Koki Niwa, Jang Woojin (bh), Liu Fei and probably several more. In my region i already saw several people have the blue rubber version on their fh and bh.

Hope you gonna have fun and success with your new setup!

Reactions: j-bo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
So..With these suggestions, I made a good choice so far.

The v15 extra max on FH..is faster than the 05, but less spinny. However the control is much better for my game..I have more confidence going for corners and drives to opponents FH side which I used to lack a bit (quite a bit) on. Plays more linear and it took me quite a few sessions to get used to that. I do tend to hit hard and never brush stroke(a lot of reviews say its not good brushing) and think thats why this suits me. Because of control, I have confidence to keep looping balls that before, if I missed a few loops, I'd start plating tentatively. With that said..I wouldn't mind trying something similar with more spin (for spinnier service)...if I can have same control/speed..and the price is right. But would be just as happy keeping this. Really enjoy the speed/control.

Rozena max on BH. At first, I said it wasn't for me ( a lil harder than FX). Less spinny than 05 FX for me, but more speed. Thus, balls didn't appear to drop in at the end like FX. After 6 weeks or so, I got the knack on how to use it and drive more balls. It has a bit more control than FX which was a bit of a surprise to me. Short returns didn't pop up when I misjudged serves like FX either. My partner told me to never change as bh is devastating. I just find it harder to loop with. Maybe in time and practice, I'll get the stroke down to open with some bh loops.

Ive had rotator cuff surgery, so havent been playing for a month and have another 2 months before I can. Non playong side, io thankful for that. I haven't even tried trying rozena on fh and v15extra on bh yet.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a happy camper.

Reactions: Attitude