Help me decide on a rubber (final)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi after much thought and consideration i can list a few rubbers and hopefully some of you can describe how each of them plays so i can decide on one.

FH
Stiga Mantra M
Butterfly Rozena
Donic Baraccuda

BH
Tibhar Aurus Sound
Xiom Vega Europe
Xiom Vega Europe DF

If it helps, i’m used rakza 7 for FH and rakza 7 soft for BH. maybe you guys can explain in comparison to rakza 7’s.

Blade i am using is Tibhar Stratus Power Wood

I block and attack loop for FH. For BH i only simple topspin.

I am a recreational player at home for about 2 years and i am still improving.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi after much thought and consideration i can list a few rubbers and hopefully some of you can describe how each of them plays so i can decide on one.

Hi, you are very enthusiastic and you have started several discussions about rubbers. There is 10T rubbers out there, it's very tempting, for me too. But I will now cross the line and tell you my opinion:

Instead of being obsessive about the rubbers, get obsessive about acquiring the proper technique and body mechanics. The 1st obsession will never be satisfied, the 2nd may even bring some joy. HTH, cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I haven't read your other posts, but I have to say that Rakza 7 FH and Rakza 7 soft BH is a great setup, and even more so for a recreational player. Your blade is really solid as well. Also, none of the rubbers you listed are an upgrade over what you're using right now. There is no need to change your setup at all and resisting the urge to change equipment will help you develop faster. Focus on footwork/technique, as Latej said.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
I agree with AndyK. Your current rubbers are probably the best for you.
If you need to try new rubbers just for the sake of experimenting than you can choose any of those you listed, it won't make much difference. Reviews are all over the internet.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I haven't read your other posts, but I have to say that Rakza 7 FH and Rakza 7 soft BH is a great setup, and even more so for a recreational player. Your blade is really solid as well. Also, none of the rubbers you listed are an upgrade over what you're using right now. There is no need to change your setup at all and resisting the urge to change equipment will help you develop faster. Focus on footwork/technique, as Latej said.

i know they aren’t much of an upgrade but i just can’t bring myself to remove the rakza 7’s from my old blade. i feel like letting the old blade be would feel better. so i’m considering new rubbers for this NEW blade which is the tibhar. do you think the best decision is to buy rakza 7’s again?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

i know they aren’t much of an upgrade but i just can’t bring myself to remove the rakza 7’s from my old blade. i feel like letting the old blade be would feel better. so i’m considering new rubbers for this NEW blade which is the tibhar. do you think the best decision is to buy rakza 7’s again?

You are already using a perfect set of rubbers for you. DON'T MESS AROUND. Getting different rubbers for FH and BH the way you are thinking about it, based on what you have listed in multiple threads will only mess you up. Rakza 7 and 7 Soft are good. Don't mess around.

Practice. Forget about the equipment. Your equipment is more than good enough. And the stuff you are looking at is NOT AN UPGRADE. The rubbers you have are better than the rubbers you are wanting to EJ with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

You are already using a perfect set of rubbers for you. DON'T MESS AROUND. Getting different rubbers for FH and BH the way you are thinking about it, based on what you have listed in multiple threads will only mess you up. Rakza 7 and 7 Soft are good. Don't mess around.

Practice. Forget about the equipment. Your equipment is more than good enough. And the stuff you are looking at is NOT AN UPGRADE. The rubbers you have are better than the rubbers you are wanting to EJ with.

so the final decision is to buy a new set of rakza 7’s yes?