New Color of Good Rubbers

This user has no status.
I checked everywhere, but only sub-par rubbers are available in the new colour. None of the top rubbers is available in the new colour like Stiga DNA, Tibhar Evolution ELP-MXP, Butterfly Tenergy-Dignics, TSP Curl P1R etc.

By when any of the above-mentioned rubbers will be available in the new colours? Any news on this as of now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I checked everywhere, but only sub-par rubbers are available in the new colour. None of the top rubbers is available in the new colour like Stiga DNA, Tibhar Evolution ELP-MXP, Butterfly Tenergy-Dignics, TSP Curl P1R etc.

By when any of the above-mentioned rubbers will be available in the new colours? Any news on this as of now?

When i see your list of top rubbers i highly doubt your judgement.
Putting mx-p and dignics/tenergy in the same list as stiga and the tsp curl series (even though they are quite decent) is beyond me.

There are already srsly top rubbers in several different colours availlable. If you want to know when the rest will follow you just need to message the manufacturer

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.

When i see your list of top rubbers i highly doubt your judgement.
Putting mx-p and dignics/tenergy in the same list as stiga and the tsp curl series (even though they are quite decent) is beyond me.

There are already srsly top rubbers in several different colours availlable. If you want to know when the rest will follow you just need to message the manufacturer

About TSP Curl, I am not sure if you are aware, but this is the best rubber out there for defenders. Almost all top defenders used to/still use these rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Quadri Aruna played with a green rubber at the worlds. Not sure which rubber but since Aruna is a world class player it probably is a pretty decent rubber

Reactions: lodro
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013

The best place to check which new rubbers will come out in new colours would be the ITTF LARC, which you can find here:
https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipments/racket_coverings

Rubber need to be on this list before they can be released, so it's a good way of seeing which brands/models are being planned for release.
A few other popular rubbers that come to mind are:
Victas V15 Extra in blue
Bluestorm Z1 in blue
Tibhar Grass Dtecs in green (probably the 2nd most popular long pimple after TSP p1-r).

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Andro R48 in Green, not sure if R53 & R45 are available in green.
I think Donic Bluestorm Z1, Z2 & Z3 are all available in blue.
Joola CDM, ACC, ARG - Purple(Violet)
Tibhar Quantum X Pro - Pink & Blue

Some shops just don't seem to have many in stock, perhaps waiting to see how sales go elsewhere??

Be careful though, there are colours out there that don't meet the ITTF colour rules. I have seen some KOKUTAKU/TUTTLE rubber available in loads of colours orange / yellow etc. Of course If you don't play comps or leagues, & play for fun then there is nothing stopping you from using what colour you want to.
but if you play in leagues, and competitions etc then there are six colours available to choose from
BLACK
RED
GREEN
BLUE
PINK
VIOLET/PURPLE

ONE SIDE MUST BE BLACK.

This user has no status.
Andro R48 in Green, not sure if R53 & R45 are available in green.
I think Donic Bluestorm Z1, Z2 & Z3 are all available in blue.
Joola CDM, ACC, ARG - Purple(Violet)
Tibhar Quantum X Pro - Pink & Blue

Some shops just don't seem to have many in stock, perhaps waiting to see how sales go elsewhere??

Be careful though, there are colours out there that don't meet the ITTF colour rules. I have seen some KOKUTAKU/TUTTLE rubber available in loads of colours orange / yellow etc. Of course If you don't play comps or leagues, & play for fun then there is nothing stopping you from using what colour you want to.
but if you play in leagues, and competitions etc then there are six colours available to choose from
BLACK
RED
GREEN
BLUE
PINK
VIOLET/PURPLE

ONE SIDE MUST BE BLACK.

Okay! Colored rubbers look cool, but I still love the classic.
BTW: Is Kokutaku still a thing? I use the Blutenkurche on a spare, but it seems that the company is dying.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Okay! Colored rubbers look cool, but I still love the classic.
BTW: Is Kokutaku still a thing? I use the Blutenkurche on a spare, but it seems that the company is dying.

Myself being a bit of an EJ, I bought a couple of new colour rubbers and 1 red sheet, in the Black Friday sale at TT11, 30% off so okay deal !!
last night I played with a blue Donic Bluestorm Z2, it played very nicely!! haven't used this rubber before so can't comment on whether it plays as per a red or black sheet, but there maybe a myth involving how colour effects a rubbers characteristics anyway.

The question of different colours is quite interesting,
I've heard that statistically Green coloured cars are more likely to be involved in accidents!!
Red is a strong colour regarding winning, that possibly more matches or games are won by teams wearing Red, Tiger woods always seems to wear Red on the final 4th round of golf tournaments !! Other colours are seen as calming or cold, warm etc
it will also be interesting to see how things pan out with the Pro's, if they start using the new different colours, with stats recorded as they are these days, will there be an increase in wins with a certain colour??
if you watch the ITTF video on how they chose the new colours, there is one point made that a couple of colours were seen as 'irritating' by the opposing player, these colours were then removed from the shortlist.

This user has no status.
Myself being a bit of an EJ, I bought a couple of new colour rubbers and 1 red sheet, in the Black Friday sale at TT11, 30% off so okay deal !!
last night I played with a blue Donic Bluestorm Z2, it played very nicely!! haven't used this rubber before so can't comment on whether it plays as per a red or black sheet, but there maybe a myth involving how colour effects a rubbers characteristics anyway.

The question of different colours is quite interesting,
I've heard that statistically Green coloured cars are more likely to be involved in accidents!!
Red is a strong colour regarding winning, that possibly more matches or games are won by teams wearing Red, Tiger woods always seems to wear Red on the final 4th round of golf tournaments !! Other colours are seen as calming or cold, warm etc
it will also be interesting to see how things pan out with the Pro's, if they start using the new different colours, with stats recorded as they are these days, will there be an increase in wins with a certain colour??
if you watch the ITTF video on how they chose the new colours, there is one point made that a couple of colours were seen as 'irritating' by the opposing player, these colours were then removed from the shortlist.

I mean… if the color burns the opponents eyes or blends with the table or ball, it’s probably not gonna be allowed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
but there maybe a myth involving how colour effects a rubbers characteristics anyway.

For modern (German) rubber production the effect of the colour has decreased from as much as 12 % to 0,03 % (industry insider information), so at least on all these if you feel that the black rubber is more spinny, then you may feel it, but it shouldn´t be the case (for rubbers of same weight and thickness). Can´t say how much the whole thing is de-mystified for Japanese or even Chinese rubbers.

That said, I have a fantastic green Rasanter R48, but everybody I know who plays with a rubber of this series or has tested it agrees that it´s just a really good series, as it´s often the case with a new rubber. As a contrast, my wife has two rackets with R47 on each side, and on one the black rubbers acts as the myth says (bit softer, more spinny) while on the other it´s the red one that stands above the other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

And it was because team China that they restricted colors?

No, it was because people with anti-spin rubbers or long pips used them in the same colour as their other rubber. The chance to see what was coming at you was unfairly restricted, especially in combination with foot-stomping, so you couldn´t even hear which side of the racket was used.

The first step of the restriction was that rubbers should CLEARLY have different colours. But the above friends with the special rubbers often argued that this would be the case with dark violett and black, and saw no problem.

Only then the ITTF restricted the colours to black and red only, so no arguement was possible anymore.