WTT Cup Finals 2021

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Official TTD topic for the WTT Cup Finals.

Full event info coming soon...

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Amazing attendance. 🙄

Untitled%20proc%20jpg.jpeg

EDIT: I didn't notice the "please do not sit" sign on the seats. Damn covid.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I don't recall the last time I saw a top level CNT member take an 11-1 drubbing by a non-CNT. After one of the rallies, LJK had this incredulous look like wow, everything is coming at me like a bullet. Impressive indeed!

Reactions: TaiHaoPingPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Maybe I'm watching too many highlight videos instead of full matches, but are counterlooping rallies becoming more common again? Seems like even CNT players are stepping back from the table earlier and more frequently.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Anyone else find the streaming system reeeally slow and glitchy on WTT?
Basically I can't watch any of the matches until the later rounds when it's licensed with Kayo here in Aus.

The first couple of days it as sheit but yesterday I watched the 5 matches with virtually no interruptions .

Reactions: 7malligk
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I don't recall the last time I saw a top level CNT member take an 11-1 drubbing by a non-CNT. After one of the rallies, LJK had this incredulous look like wow, everything is coming at me like a bullet. Impressive indeed!

LJK had this incredulous look ??????????? I thought the look was more like : """What the **** is happening here""" 🤣

Reactions: NextLevel
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
communication of course is a fine art, we all know that.
The WTT webpage clearly states that play begins 10 20 am every day..................well, it is 10 45 now and nothing !!!!!!!!!!!
Now i am not fussy, a few minutes here or there, whatever. But it would be nice if we could get a heads up when there is a delay, or a "see you in 5 minutes for the next match"", just a little message, after all, there are thousands of people waiting, right ?

Brilliant !!!!!! If one goes to RESULTS one can find the SCHEDULED EVENTS

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I'm so enjoying seeing Quadri Aruna play so well! Even though he lost to Calderano it was a good game and he looked impressive.
If Quadri could develop a consistent medium-pace / just-stay-in-the-rally backhand I reckon he'd probably be hovering around a world ranking of 10-15 consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I'm so enjoying seeing Quadri Aruna play so well! Even though he lost to Calderano it was a good game and he looked impressive.
If Quadri could develop a consistent medium-pace / just-stay-in-the-rally backhand I reckon he'd probably be hovering around a world ranking of 10-15 consistently.

The biggest problem he has to face is that Nigerian backhand coaching is just abysmal - so he has to fix years of bad technical practice - he has worked on it a lot in Europe and now has an overall effective backhand game but there is room for improvement.

But to me, they are probably still teaching 1980s backhand looping technique in Nigeria. That is what he has to overcome in his muscle memory.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Anyone finally conclude that for Hugo is a good athlete, but maybe TT is not quite his thing? By TT, I mean serve and serve return with the table craft of short pushing, controlling spins and keeping the ball low as the emphasis?

It's all relative but the Harimoto destruction makes me wonder...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Anyone finally conclude that for Hugo is a good athlete, but maybe TT is not quite his thing? By TT, I mean serve and serve return with the table craft of short pushing, controlling spins and keeping the ball low as the emphasis?

It's all relative but the Harimoto destruction makes me wonder...

Hugo does look a bit uncomfortable with close play at the moment but, to be fair to him, Harimoto really stepped up a level or two in that match. That was the best I've seen him play in a while and, if he's able to maintain that level for the final, he might even put some pressure on FZD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Hugo does look a bit uncomfortable with close play at the moment but, to be fair to him, Harimoto really stepped up a level or two in that match. That was the best I've seen him play in a while and, if he's able to maintain that level for the final, he might even put some pressure on FZD.

Hugo's inability to effectively FH flip short balls on his FH is a huge weakness for a player at that level. IMO, that explains at least some of it.