WTT Cup Finals 2021

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
He keeps getting outta position while covering half long balls to his forehand and into a defensive posture a lotta times, that's not going to work much against a top 10 player unless your name is LGY. Even against LJK he was going on the attack mostly until Liang tested his short game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
FZD won quite convincingly but to me, he did looked bit tired and his game style more passive than usual, relying a lot on unforced errors from Harimoto.Â

It is my opinion that people overrate the winners of FVD and underrate the pressure his consistency and defense/counteroffense place on the opponent.

Reactions: Manto76 and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

It is my opinion that people overrate the winners of FVD and underrate the pressure his consistency and defense/counteroffense place on the opponent.

I'm not sure FZD's winners can be overrated!
That said, I 100% agree with you that his overall consistency and pressure does force opponents into (apparently) "unforced" errors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
WTT Cup Finals overdelivered???

https://www.ittf.com/2021/12/07/inaugural-wtt-cup-finals-overdelivers-sets-new-standards/

I absolutely want WTT to succeed (more money for players, large audience, etc), but if success is lowering their standards and declaring victory, that's not progress imho. WTT Cup Final replaces World Tour Grand Finals which in the past had more money ($1 million vs $600K prize pool) and my recollection was the WTGF had greater audience and excitement. Even the picture used in the link above, the audience is sparse, And from what I can tell from YouTube highlights, even the finals looks like mostly empty seats.

I actually think despite 1st day gremlins, the 2021 WTTC was a success as I didn't think they'd get as a large of an audience as they did for table tennis in the United States. So I was pleasantly surprised by that.

But the 2021 WTT Cup Finals was mostly a disappointment imho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
WTT Cup Finals overdelivered???

https://www.ittf.com/2021/12/07/inaugural-wtt-cup-finals-overdelivers-sets-new-standards/

I absolutely want WTT to succeed (more money for players, large audience, etc), but if success is lowering their standards and declaring victory, that's not progress imho. WTT Cup Final replaces World Tour Grand Finals which in the past had more money ($1 million vs $600K prize pool) and my recollection was the WTGF had greater audience and excitement. Even the picture used in the link above, the audience is sparse, And from what I can tell from YouTube highlights, even the finals looks like mostly empty seats.

I actually think despite 1st day gremlins, the 2021 WTTC was a success as I didn't think they'd get as a large of an audience as they did for table tennis in the United States. So I was pleasantly surprised by that.

But the 2021 WTT Cup Finals was mostly a disappointment imho.

Same.
Can't quite put my finger on it, but WTTC felt EPIC (despite the camera angle).
The atmosphere was amazing and it just felt good.
WTT Cup on the other hand felt empty and cheap.
The scoring system is sadly also a bit confusing and seems unprofessional.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
It's because Singapore takes covid precautions seriously

With safe management measures in place, a maximum of 900 fans will be allowed to attend each session of the WTT Cup Finals at the OCBC Arena

I have no reason not to trust the article when it says semis and finals days were sold out.