Established TTD Member 90 125
    S
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 125 90

User Info Menu

Jul 2019
    Russian Federation
    Read 0 Reviews
    He keeps getting outta position while covering half long balls to his forehand and into a defensive posture a lotta times, that's not going to work much against a top 10 player unless your name is LGY. Even against LJK he was going on the attack mostly until Liang tested his short game.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 893 1,386
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,386 893
    Hugo’s return service was high and long. I wonder if it is because he hasn’t played Harimoto for a long time.

At the pro level, Hugo should’ve got used to Harimoto’s service by the 3rd game. But it seems that he kept giving a high ball.

says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 1,179 971
    says CHOLE!

Senior TTD Member 971 1,179
    4th FH winner in a row from Harimoto against FZD. Wasn't his forehand supposed to be crap? :-)
    the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 231 405
    P
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 405 231
    Well it was when he was 15 :') people think his style won't change as he grew up were deluded

says CHOLE!

says CHOLE!

That was one JUICY around the net shot, off the net as well

The Following 2 Users Like Atas Newton's Post:

Manto76 and Shine

the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

This user has no status.

TTD Member 22 52
    A
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 52 22
    FZD won quite convincingly but to me, he did looked bit tired and his game style more passive than usual, relying a lot on unforced errors from Harimoto.Â

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,548 9,182
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,182 13,548

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amit Mehta
    FZD won quite convincingly but to me, he did looked bit tired and his game style more passive than usual, relying a lot on unforced errors from Harimoto.Â

It is my opinion that people overrate the winners of FVD and underrate the pressure his consistency and defense/counteroffense place on the opponent.

The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

Manto76, yoass

Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 201 326
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 326 201
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel

It is my opinion that people overrate the winners of FVD and underrate the pressure his consistency and defense/counteroffense place on the opponent.

I'm not sure FZD's winners can be overrated!
    That said, I 100% agree with you that his overall consistency and pressure does force opponents into (apparently) "unforced" errors.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 447 321
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 321 447

User Info Menu

Jan 2019
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    WTT Cup Finals overdelivered???

https://www.ittf.com/2021/12/07/inau...new-standards/

I absolutely want WTT to succeed (more money for players, large audience, etc), but if success is lowering their standards and declaring victory, that's not progress imho. WTT Cup Final replaces World Tour Grand Finals which in the past had more money ($1 million vs $600K prize pool) and my recollection was the WTGF had greater audience and excitement. Even the picture used in the link above, the audience is sparse, And from what I can tell from YouTube highlights, even the finals looks like mostly empty seats.

I actually think despite 1st day gremlins, the 2021 WTTC was a success as I didn't think they'd get as a large of an audience as they did for table tennis in the United States. So I was pleasantly surprised by that.

But the 2021 WTT Cup Finals was mostly a disappointment imho.

says I am the righteousness of Christ

TTD Member 29 67
    says I am the righteousness of Christ

TTD Member 67 29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pongfugrasshopper
    WTT Cup Finals overdelivered???

https://www.ittf.com/2021/12/07/inau...new-standards/

I absolutely want WTT to succeed (more money for players, large audience, etc), but if success is lowering their standards and declaring victory, that's not progress imho. WTT Cup Final replaces World Tour Grand Finals which in the past had more money ($1 million vs $600K prize pool) and my recollection was the WTGF had greater audience and excitement. Even the picture used in the link above, the audience is sparse, And from what I can tell from YouTube highlights, even the finals looks like mostly empty seats.

I actually think despite 1st day gremlins, the 2021 WTTC was a success as I didn't think they'd get as a large of an audience as they did for table tennis in the United States. So I was pleasantly surprised by that.

But the 2021 WTT Cup Finals was mostly a disappointment imho.

Same.
    Can't quite put my finger on it, but WTTC felt EPIC (despite the camera angle).
    The atmosphere was amazing and it just felt good.
    WTT Cup on the other hand felt empty and cheap.
    The scoring system is sadly also a bit confusing and seems unprofessional.

says CHOLE!

says CHOLE!

It's because Singapore takes covid precautions seriously

With safe management measures in place, a maximum of 900 fans will be allowed to attend each session of the WTT Cup Finals at the OCBC Arena

I have no reason not to trust the article when it says semis and finals days were sold out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12