New enticing upcoming blade

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019

Yes, it's an inner construction. I think the 5x blade itself is 0.1-0.2mm thicker, the core is significantly thicker than normal HL5, and the outer plies are thinner on the HL5x. So in a way yes, the carbon is closer to the surface due to the thinner outer plies.

If the pro version is anything like an Innerforce ZLC, then it needs a lot of power to work properly. You need to flex the blade to the max then it will have a pretty good kick effect as the tension releases.

I see. Normal tmxi looks more than enough for amateurs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Looking forwrard to your update detail review on pro soon.
Did you get from ttjapan as well?

No, I got mine from xiom.shop , they finally got three in last week, and since I have been communicating with them previously about holding one for me, they emailed me right away and I received it Friday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

I just got my pro version last week, played once so far at the club, feels slightly more controllable and has a slightly more woody feel than the non-pro version. Haven't compared the thickness yet, but I'll check later when I have time.

Good day to you sir,

What is the FH and BH rubber you put on your pro version.

Thank you
Best regards,

Sep 2019

H3 Neo and Evolution EL-P for now, EL-P is bit too soft for this blade, waiting for my green Rasanter R48 to arrive.

How's the pro so far? Are there massive noticeable differences? Haven't tried it yet but it kinda let me down abit as I expect it to be a soft blade but yeh due to the carbon composition that's relatable. AJH said 'it's half viscaria but closer to w968'. As you've mentioned, do pro has better control but slower on low gears?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

How's the pro so far? Are there massive noticeable differences? Haven't tried it yet but it kinda let me down abit as I expect it to be a soft blade but yeh due to the carbon composition that's relatable. AJH said 'it's half viscaria but closer to w968'. As you've mentioned, do pro has better control but slower on low gears?

I haven't been able to play it much since last weekend, as I'm playing in a local tournament today I don't want to use different blades to mess up the feel . I'm using a Nittaku Ludeack Power as my main blade right now, I usually play with something that's drastically different from the blade I want to try out to better understand the difference, but that's just my thing. But I'd say there isn't a huge difference between the pro and non-pro versions, it's noticeable but after hitting with it for a while you'll get use to it pretty quick, the pro version has more noticable wood feeling to it, and I've confirmed that mine also has thicker outer plies and a slightly thinner core compared to the non-pro version, that would explain why it feels that way. Touch shots are good, but I wouldn't call it slower, it just has more feel so you can control it a little bit better.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

Finally!!

I immediately compared it to Joola Vyzaryz Trinity the moment I got it. The head size, handle design, and total thickness of the 5+2 ply layers are almost identical. If you could zoom in on the photo and look for the details, you'll notice that they both have yellow, cotton-like fibers reaching out from the composite fiber layer, indicating that they likely share the same fiber composition. So this adds up to my previous assumption that these two blades likely share a common manufacturer.

A comparison on the composition of these two blades:
TMXi pro: Limba–Ayous–TMX–???(Ayous?)–TMX–Ayous–Limba;
Trinity: Limba–X3–Limba–Ayous–Limba–X3–Limba.
For TMXi pro the veneer for the core layer is unknown, and I am guessing it should be Ayous. The core layer of TMXi pro is thinner than that of Trinity.

Sadly I have got an ankle sprain earlier last week, and I might not be able to play with the new blade for a while.

Last edited:
Sep 2019

Finally!!

I immediately compared it to Joola Vyzaryz Trinity the moment I got it. The head size, handle design, and total thickness of the 5+2 ply layers are almost identical. If you could zoom in on the photo and look for the details, you'll notice that they both have yellow, cotton-like fibers reaching out from the composite fiber layer, indicating that they likely share the same fiber composition. So this adds up to my previous assumption that these two blades likely share a common manufacturer.

A comparison on the composition of these two blades:
TMXi pro: Limba–Ayous–TMX–???(Ayous?)–TMX–Ayous–Limba;
Trinity: Limba–X3–Limba–Ayous–Limba–X3–Limba.
For TMXi pro the veneer for the core layer is unknown, and I am guessing it should be Ayous. The core layer of TMXi pro is thinner than that of Trinity.

Sadly I have got an ankle sprain earlier last week, and I might not be able to play with the new blade for a while.
The blade looks really sleek indeed. what's the price and where did you buy it from? Waiting for your update review of it after using. And wish you had a speedy recovery:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
The blade looks really sleek indeed. what's the price and where did you buy it from? Waiting for your update review of it after using. And wish you had a speedy recovery:)

Thank you, Colin. That is so kind of you.

As I have mentioned in #99, I used 100bang to place my order on 11st. Cost me around $200 for the blade, with the shipping fee included. You can query through 11st and Gmarket to look for a retailer offering the best bargain.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
So... some astonishing results. Will post pictures when I get the chance / forum allows me to.

I paired my TMXi with Jekyll & Hyde V47.5 on fh and Z52.5 on bh. This blade is quiet unique and very interesting. When looping or doing drives and other aggressive attacks, the blade plays more like an outer carbon blade! Very fast attacks with a super crisp feeling. The ball kicks a lot on the opponent's side of the table. Speed feels slightly faster than a Timo Boll ALC / Viscaria. When doing touch shots and playing close to the table, the blade feels like an inner carbon blade with a satisfying vibration. The same vibration is felt on blocks which also felt superb. This blade also has a really good Katapult especially when looping and driving aggressively. The control on this wood is astonishing. For an offensive wood, I felt like I can do whatever I want and place the ball wherever I want.

Coming from a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 and Dignics 05, it is difficult to say that one has better quality shots over the other because they feel that close. But with certainty, the Xiom setup has a lot more control. This will now be my main setup.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Reactions: emberwhirl
Sep 2019
So... some astonishing results. Will post pictures when I get the chance / forum allows me to.

I paired my TMXi with Jekyll & Hyde V47.5 on fh and Z52.5 on bh. This blade is quiet unique and very interesting. When looping or doing drives and other aggressive attacks, the blade plays more like an outer carbon blade! Very fast attacks with a super crisp feeling. The ball kicks a lot on the opponent's side of the table. Speed feels slightly faster than a Timo Boll ALC / Viscaria. When doing touch shots and playing close to the table, the blade feels like an inner carbon blade with a satisfying vibration. The same vibration is felt on blocks which also felt superb. This blade also has a really good Katapult especially when looping and driving aggressively. The control on this wood is astonishing. For an offensive wood, I felt like I can do whatever I want and place the ball wherever I want.

Coming from a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 and Dignics 05, it is difficult to say that one has better quality shots over the other because they feel that close. But with certainty, the Xiom setup has a lot more control. This will now be my main setup.

Are you using the non-pro model with gold lenses ?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Just measured a 86g FL non-pro version and it had a frequency of 1389hz. So in this term nowhere close to Viscaria, etc, which usually have around 1450hz. Considering this, tmxi should be slower than Viscaria

Sep 2019
Just measured a 86g FL non-pro version and it had a frequency of 1389hz. So in this term nowhere close to Viscaria, etc, which usually have around 1450hz. Considering this, tmxi should be slower than Viscaria
I guess it's a tad slower than viscaria haven't tested it myself yet but according to most reviews it is said so. I think because of it's unique carbon composition (i.e trimetrix) it is faster than some or other inner carbon blades.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I guess it's a tad slower than viscaria haven't tested it myself yet but according to most reviews it is said so. I think because of it's unique carbon composition (i.e trimetrix) it is faster than some or other inner carbon blades.

It is definitely faster than most Innerforce alc blades out there and comparable to inner zlc. The fact, that there is a mix of alc and zlc inside, makes it harder than inner alc, but softer than inner zlc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

Is Jekyll & Hyde Z52.5 a sticky rubber?

Sep 2019
It is definitely faster than most Innerforce alc blades out there and comparable to inner zlc. The fact, that there is a mix of alc and zlc inside, makes it harder than inner alc, but softer than inner zlc

Yes it really is something in between. An Jaehyun also said that it's kinda half-viscaria but rather closer to w968. Unique blade is it.

Reactions: ander999
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Looks like a few people have tried the pro version, nothing much to add other than a minor part everyone seems to have missed. The pro version's handle has a slightly different shape than the non-pro version's. It's slightly thinner side to side in the middle part, so your fingers will wrap around a little more. Everything else seems to have been covered really well so I won't repeat what everyone else have been saying here. I do however slightly prefer the non-pro version, it's a lot cheaper, readily available to buy at many stores, and the feel is close enough to the pro version (to me at least) that I can call it individual differences.