M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 2 0

User Info Menu

Dec 2021
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews

Why pickleball and not touchtennis/red ball tennis, etc

I have played pickleball and I can see how it can be fun but why don't people play something like touch tennis /soft tennis/or play with the 10 & under the ball on a smaller court instead? Below are the diff versions of racket sports so you guys can compare and see what's the most fun and creative. What would you guys rather play?

While I do see how pickleball can be somewhat fun, it was a really frustrating sport in how limiting and noncreative it was when it comes to making good plays. Pickleball has barely any spin which allows for ppl to only volley bc you cant pass them which will result in a dink fest back and forth.

touch tennis: uses a foam ball and children's rackets for a very fast-paced, reaction-based game of tennis.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 118 262
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 262 118

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    I think it is the same like hardbat in table tennis - it takes spin out of the equation and thus makes it easier to learn for unathletic adults and takes way less technique and training.

It can get a bit boring but you can just play it without real training.

Fast paced reaction based sounds nice but not really for unathletic adult newbies