Zhou Qihao signs with JOOLA

This user has no status.
361f683ef77d49ec24e8c642183f656f.jpg

Zhou Qihao signs with JOOLA. Supposedly he will be using the Vyzaryz Freeze blade with Dynaryz ZGR rubber (I assume backhand).

It’s seems unusual that he would use a slower control type blade like the Freeze. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I assume he will just be using the handle till the end of the contract.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
These korean made blades are very close to BTY quality. Both Xiom and Joola blades are pretty fantastic. I really wonder if he will stick the ZGR to his BH... I think not. He either won't use it or it's going on his FH. It would be a pretty big deal if a CNT payer moved away from H3 BS. Not sure if that is even allowed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
These korean made blades are very close to BTY quality. Both Xiom and Joola blades are pretty fantastic. I really wonder if he will stick the ZGR to his BH... I think not. He either won't use it or it's going on his FH. It would be a pretty big deal if a CNT payer moved away from H3 BS. Not sure if that is even allowed.

He will probably use ZGR on his backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
2 thoughts here:
ZQ is playing well in national tournaments against his chinese style opponents but he is struggling against many many many international opponents. On top he is not even playing that typically chinese styla, so changing his equipment might be a good idea.

Second if i remember correctly there were only 2 players who were just using handles of the respectes sponsored blades. I dont think you can say that his is a common way to do this.
Maybe he is even going for an overall change and plays the zgr on both sides like Quadri Aruba.
I am really curious of what he will do. I am pretty sure that 247 tabletennis will keep close watch too^^

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I assume he will just be using the handle till the end of the contract.

I think that as well. But reviewers say freeze is a life a softer viscaria. He was using LGY alc before which is a softer version of viscaria as well. May be he will use freeze as its similar. But, 90% i think he will just change the handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

He will probably use ZGR on his backhand

I hope not! Just for a change of pace! Actually the Chinese really like the Joola Dynaryz ZGR. I mean the normal folks, I don't know of the CNT players opinions.

Maybe he is even going for an overall change and plays the zgr on both sides like Quadri Aruba.

Isn't Quadri with Gewo? He used to be with Joola but he jumped ship a few years ago. Is he back?

Dynaryz ZGR on backhand sounds really brutal. It's really hard. I wish I had Zhou Qihao's backhand and all but it ain't his strong point.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Liang Jingkun did the same too I assume. He was with yasaka years ago and using Yasaka alnade carbon which is a similar viscaria as well. There are some pictures showing that he just uses the handle of yasaka alnade. Idk whether ZQh will stick to the actual blade or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Isn't Quadri with Gewo? He used to be with Joola but he jumped ship a few years ago. Is he back?

Dynaryz ZGR on backhand sounds really brutal. It's really hard. I wish I had Zhou Qihao's backhand and all but it ain't his strong point.

Yeah i meant that maybe ZQ is gonna use the zgr on both sides like Quadri is using his Gewo 53 hardness rubbers on both sides.

LJK never used the alnade blade. He was one of the 2 players who did this "just the handle sponsoring"-thing.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
This user has no status.

Yeah i meant that maybe ZQ is gonna use the zgr on both sides like Quadri is using his Gewo 53 hardness rubbers on both sides.

LJK never used the alnade blade. He was one of the 2 players who did this "just the handle sponsoring"-thing.

Would there be 3 total players who have done that then?

FZD - Butterfly Viscaria with Stiga Infinity VPS handle

LJK - Butterfly Viscaria with Yasaka Alnade handle

Dmitri Ovtcharov - Butterfly Viscaria with Donic handle (not sure which exact model)

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Follow 247tabletennis on IG. A very credible source.

A pro after a major competition can easily go to their sponsor, teammate, coach, training facility inventory, etc pick out a new blade to try, train for 6-8 hours with it. Repeat the next day with another one.

If they happen to like one, dip the handle in hot water, slide out the handle and replace with whatever else they require for sponsorship reason. Heck maybe they can get someone else/their sponsor to do it for them while they’re testing another model.

Other examples:

Jeong Youngsik - Viscaria with Xiom Ice Cream handle
Jurgen Persson - Stiga Clipper Wood with Donic handle
Samsonov may have used Clipper and Mazunov with Tibhar handles in early to mid stage of his career.

Example more to market their own blade within Butterfly:
Werner Schalger - Primorac Carbon with Schlager Carbon handle
Kreanga - Primorac Carbon with Bty handle
Oh Sang Eun - Korbel with Oh Sang Eun handle
At certain parts Zhang Yining and Wang Liqin were using Korbel with their sponsor handle.

I’m sure there have been a lot more.

• Wow
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
This user has no status.

Wow, had no idea of the others that you listed there, thanks for the info.

Yes 247tabletennis on instagram is a great source, they even had the scoop on the Viscaria Super ALC via Butterfly's Chinese twitter shortly before it was announced via other channels.

But most impressive is their ability to determine what exact Hurricane rubber various athletes within the CNT are using just off stills from a match!