Fastarc G1 vs. Rakza X vs. V-15 Extra vs. Evo MX-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
It's about time for me to replace my Fastarc G1. I'm a big fan of the G1 and would be happy to get another but, every now and then, the EJ-bug bites and I get curious about alternatives!

This is what I'm after:
  • c. 47-48 degree sponge
  • Low catapult (ie. linear) play
  • Good grip and spin (ie. at least as good as G1)
  • Normal topsheet/sponge thickness (ie. no 'thin-topsheet-ultramax-sponge' options please!)
  • Decent durability
  • Max €45
With those parameters in mind I've been thinking about Rakza X, Victas V-15 Extra and Evolution MX-S as possibilities and would be grateful to hear from anyone who has played with G1 and any of the others and can comment on differences.

Many thanks!

PS: Am I missing something that should be on the list of options?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
It's about time for me to replace my Fastarc G1. I'm a big fan of the G1 and would be happy to get another but, every now and then, the EJ-bug bites and I get curious about alternatives!

This is what I'm after:
  • c. 47-48 degree sponge
  • Normal topsheet/sponge thickness (ie. no 'thin-topsheet-ultramax-sponge' options please!)
  • Decent durability
  • Max €45
With those parameters in mind I've been thinking about Rakza X, Victas V-15 Extra and Evolution MX-S as possibilities and would be grateful to hear from anyone who has played with G1 and any of the others and can comment on differences.

Many thanks!

Victas v15 extra fullfills what you desire from your rubber in my experience. I played the g1 and v15 extra(though not the other competitors) and the v15 grips the ball better with even more spin and speed but not by a huge margin.
I didnt have to change much after i switched back then.

Still happy with my second sheet after i destroyed the last one with a backhand topspin into the edge of the table Q_Q
​​​​​​
​​​​

Reactions: KM1976 and Manto76
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

This is what I'm after:
  • c. 47-48 degree sponge
  • Decent durability
  • Max €45

Many thanks!

Quit messing with Perfection. G1 is the gold standard in all the categories you listed above.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Buy another G1, because nearly everything is possible with this rubber. Better control than V15 Extra (for me also more spin) and much easier to play with than with MX-S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Buy another G1, because nearly everything is possible with this rubber. Better control than V15 Extra (for me also more spin) and much easier to play with than with MX-S.

More control - check

Easier to play than with MX-S - check

More spin (ok maybe for you for some reason) - definitly not.
If that would be the case anyhow, you would have way more pro-level player using the g1 than the v15 extra.

WIth the given pricerange i cant seem to find anything else getting close to. If the EJ in you wants smth else then just go for the v15 in blue. Even if you dont like to play with it the EJ in you will be happy because you have a blue rubber xD. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And before i forget if you buy the v15, take it in 2.0 and not in 2.3. Both play quite differently and you will be way close to the g1 with 2.0 especially in terms of speed and control
​​​​​

This user has no status.
In my understanding, Nittaku Fastarc G-1 is a cousin to Tibhar Evo MX-S in these ways:
  • easier and more linear power response, which makes it a good backhand rubber (still, in ESN scene, not really catapulty rubber) - MX-S really needs power input (thus, better-articulated swings and better footwork as support), but has very respectable top gear, though
  • lower arcs (mainly because of the speed improvement), thus more direct feeling - MX-S throw angle opens up more noticeably in powerful shots (needs more training to correctly calculate racket angles during a rally)
  • less grip, but still great most of the time - with MX-S it was very rare, that my ball slipped, if I fail to receive, it is because of other reasons
  • less spin on serves (still better than average) - with MX-S, I have some insanely spinny serves to end up to be received with shots into weird directions and places
MX-S has the unique 'bad habit' in a very pronounced way, that a few opponents of mine do not expect well-spun balls returning to the table, but they return.
I recently installed Victas Ventus Extra /TSP Super Ventus/ on an inner-alc composite blade (Yinhe 970XX A), and based on my experience, Ventus Extra has both a bit more catapult and higher arc than Fastarc G-1 - for more details, I need more assessment based on my training sessions.
I have read reviews of Victas V>15 Extra, which mention, that shot timing and vertical bat angles are more critical compared to Ventus Extra, but I do not own V>15 Extra to confirm or deny this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

In the "bloom power" thread you mention the Rakza Z. I tried both and actually prefer RZ to RX on BH. A friend of mine prefers RX on BH so far, because he comes down from R9. May I ask why don't you take RZ on BH? That would be interesting for me. I wanted to suggest YRD (Rising Dragon) to you, for me it is a bit like RZ on softer slower sponge. Perhaps you already tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manto76
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Many thanks for the quick feedback all - much appreciated!

I've decided to give the Victas rubbers a try: V-15 Extra on the FH and Ventus Extra on the BH. I've ordered them already and will let you know what I think once I've had a decent go with them.

I'm going to play them on my 'main' blade (Vodak M. Hořejší ALC EnTech) but I'll put my (so far) favourite rubbers (G1 on the FH and DNA Pro M on the BH) on one of my backup blades so that I can compare as I go.

Thanks again for the advice!

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
In the "bloom power" thread you mention the Rakza Z. I tried both and actually prefer RZ to RX on BH. A friend of mine prefers RX on BH so far, because he comes down from R9. May I ask why don't you take RZ on BH? That would be interesting for me. I wanted to suggest YRD (Rising Dragon) to you, for me it is a bit like RZ on softer slower sponge. Perhaps you already tried.

Hi Latej!

I've have tried Rakza Z and, to be honest, I didn't really like it. I can't really fault it in any way: it's got super spin, it's fast enough, and it's easy to control. All of its performance attributes are more than good enough - but I just didn't like the 'feel' of it. I even tried it on three different blades - an 'inner-fibre', an 'outer-fibre' and an all-wood - and I didn't like the feel of it on any of them. Having said that, for those who do like the feel of it, I agree it would be a super BH rubber!

I'm also still testing the DNA Dragon Grip on an all-wood blade. It's fantastic! My concern is that I have an old shoulder injury (which surgery has not been able to fully repair) and I'm not sure that playing such a hard rubber is sustainable for me. My shoulder was pretty sore for a couple of days after the last time I played it, and I haven't had the same issue after playing medium-hard (ie. about 48-degree) rubbers.

Thanks again! 👍

Reactions: Attitude and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

This is what I'm after:
  • c. 47-48 degree sponge
  • Decent durability
  • Max €45

Many thanks!

Do you have your answer? I am consider for my FH an BH with those rubber and some japan rubber such as ventus extra/ super ventus, victas V11 .... thanksss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Do you have your answer? I am consider for my FH an BH with those rubber and some japan rubber such as ventus extra/ super ventus, victas V11 .... thanksss

No Japanese rubber mentioned in this thread ;) All are made by ESN in Germany... 1)
Victas V>11 is a good rubber, enough spin, quite fast, quite low/medium trajectory and light but durability was not so good (positively phrased: durability is on par with rubbers like MX-S or BlueStorm Z2). Might be OK if you don't train much or don't hit hard but if you train say 10 hours a week it might last only six to eight weeks.

1) current rubbers Made in Japan are: all rubbers from Butterfly, the Victas VJ>07 series, Mizuno Q series, 729 Visnatura and Pando, Nexy Etika, Neottec X5 and e.g. Nittaku Hammond Z2...

• Haha
Reactions: M.Hoang