Please Help me pick!!! :))

HI TTDAILY!!!!!
I am about to change my forehand rubber.....
I have decided to switch into DHS tin arc 3, but then I am really nervous about the "SPRING SPONGE" that is similar to the Tenergy Series....
I am a bit curious about the performance of the Tin arc series @_@ :))))

Can anyone compare the following??
Skyline 3 nat'l version TO DHS tin arc 3

Skyline 3 nat'l version TO DHS tin arc

DHS tin arc TO DHS tin arc 3

Pls help me i really need your opinions :(((((

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi Poltery.

I have only played with Tin Arc and it didn't really fit me. My thoughts were that it was a little too slow for my FH. So I can't really help you with a comparison. Anyway I just wanted to post 2 video reviews, one on Tin Arc & Tin Arc 3. It's with our dear friend Brian Pace from Fastpaddle.com. Hope it can contribute with you decision :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
HI TTDAILY!!!!!
I am about to change my forehand rubber.....
I have decided to switch into DHS tin arc 3, but then I am really nervous about the "SPRING SPONGE" that is similar to the Tenergy Series....
I am a bit curious about the performance of the Tin arc series @_@ :))))

Can anyone compare the following??
Skyline 3 nat'l version TO DHS tin arc 3

Skyline 3 nat'l version TO DHS tin arc

DHS tin arc TO DHS tin arc 3

Pls help me i really need your opinions :(((((

Before you decide consider these new rubbers are coming soon.
Hurricane 8
Hurricane 9
Gold Arc
Gold Arc 2
Gold Arc 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Before you decide consider these new rubbers are coming soon.
Hurricane 8
Hurricane 9
Gold Arc
Gold Arc 2
Gold Arc 3

You have no guarantee they are coming at all just because the are on the ittf approved rubbers list. Dhs has done it before, getting the rubbers approved years before manufacturing and selling them. And Gold Arc is allready being made, but it's probably for China's national level players only because it isn't sold everywhere. You can find Gold Arc and Gold Arc 3 from prott.cc if you want to check it out, but it's most likely just a "better" version of TinArc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Tin Arc 3 compared to Skyline 3 and Hurricane 3 is that it generates less spin and as a previous user said it is not as fast. I found the lack of spin a problem for service but it forces you to use more action to get the spin you want which can be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. The view that it is not as fast as Skyline and Hurricane, for me, is not exactly true. Like the other two more mainstream Chinese rubbers, Tin Arc 3 is only as fast as you make it unlike say a Tenergy which gives extra zip. I think after a few weeks with Tin Arc 3 that the speed is there to be gotten out of the rubber and it's a much better rubber to block and control with if you aren't a heavy hitter to begin with.

A little caution though, you will initially hate Tin Arc 3 because it does take a while to break in (for me it was nearly 3 weeks playing 6-10 hours a week)

If Skyline and Hurricane work for you, what is your reason for wanting to switch.
I am thinking to add power using my rubber, because i do not only want to win by
spin ,but also by power :)))

Tin Arc 3 compared to Skyline 3 and Hurricane 3 is that it generates less spin and as a previous user said it is not as fast. I found the lack of spin a problem for service but it forces you to use more action to get the spin you want which can be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing. The view that it is not as fast as Skyline and Hurricane, for me, is not exactly true. Like the other two more mainstream Chinese rubbers, Tin Arc 3 is only as fast as you make it unlike say a Tenergy which gives extra zip. I think after a few weeks with Tin Arc 3 that the speed is there to be gotten out of the rubber and it's a much better rubber to block and control with if you aren't a heavy hitter to begin with.

A little caution though, you will initially hate Tin Arc 3 because it does take a while to break in (for me it was nearly 3 weeks playing 6-10 hours a week)

thanks for the insight sir!!!!
so.... is it a good replacement for skyline 3 nat'l version?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Renz, I'm a bit worried for you buddy:)...hehehe

You said you wanna win with power, not just with spin:), but do you know that you have not used the Hurricanes and Skylines to the max? Even you changed, you wouldn't be able to utilize those rubbers too buddy.

You're still young, it takes time. Be patient. Spin is GOOD:). Keep it up, you're on the right track, don't ruin it by trying to get pace and undo all you have learnt along the way.:) I started playing when I was 7, speed was a fairy tale for me, coz it didn't exist no matter how much I tried. But, it came gradually, increasing more and more as I gain strength, throughout my teens. :) Back then I used Sriver and Mark V, and my sentiments was like yours. Why didn't the ball zip across the net?My seniors tried my set up, and they were hitting the ball mercilessly, but somehow I couldn't.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Advice to Poltery...

Select the rubber that either bags you the pick of the pack of hot TT babes who hang out at TT halls.

If that rubber is already ausverkaufen, then select the rubber that has the most pics of attractive, scantily clad women on the packaging. (...[/end sarcastic remarks]...)

At this point, you will simply profit from being consistant with your equipment for a spell more, unless it waz crap, which it appears it isn't at all, as you use NEO Skylines. These rubbers on a fast blade with any ammount of dwell is already well-suited to your attacking style of play.

If you can manage to impress an equipment supplier or start an international TT club/association, then that will also bag you free rubberz to try.

Tryout all the new rubber you can, a lot of them that you are interested in are very inexpensive by modern SGE rubber price standards. it is even better to try other mates' gear, but if your mates are struggling for cash to buy new equipment, then you gotta deal with your current stuff or take chances.

I take this moment to recommend Tibhar Aurus, a wonderful rubber with much control and flexibility for many attacking shots, a very supple topsheet, excellent control, great spin on most strokes, especially the high end, and more speed/control than Tenergy itself.

That waz a mouthful and hope you enjoy Ur TT journey dude.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am thinking to add power using my rubber, because i do not only want to win by
spin ,but also by power :)))

If this is the case, consider slapping on a sheet of Stiga Calibra, either in version LT or Plus. Hard sponge and Harder sponge. Kinda like Dumb and Dumber, but the opposite. You will NOT be lacking in power or spin. You will blast holes through your opponent, and then through the wall behind him, leaving a thin vapor trail in his wake.

Mar 2011
If this is the case, consider slapping on a sheet of Stiga Calibra, either in version LT or Plus. Hard sponge and Harder sponge. Kinda like Dumb and Dumber, but the opposite. You will NOT be lacking in power or spin. You will blast holes through your opponent, and then through the wall behind him, leaving a thin vapor trail in his wake.

D_E, I couldn't stop laughing, especially when I know that you're in the military hahah..and about that scantily dressed girls on the covers, even I would buy those!! hahaha

Renz, be patient. Trust me buddy. The speed will come in time. and when it arrive, you will have the know how and technique to handle those missiles. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
It appears that you might be changing for the wrong reasons. Tin Arc 3 will NOT provide more spin nor power than Skyline or Hurricane. I've used all 3 and the order for spin is Skyline>Hurricane>Tin Arc and for power its Hurricane>Skyline>Tin Arc. Switch to Tin Arc is mostly for more control. As I said all these rubbers depend greatly on how much action you put into it and by the sounds of things from other members who seem to know you better is that you're probably not yet physically developed enough to generate the power needed to use a Chinese rubber to its full potential. If this is the case, you should listen to azlan and continue to develop your technique and allow your body to develop the strength for the big shots.

If you're adamant on getting more bang for your buck, figuratively speaking, then try "European" rubbers. If you're having trouble controlling the ball with Skyline or Hurricane then switch to Tin Arc because it is much easier to control particularly on blocks and pushes.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
D_E, I couldn't stop laughing, especially when I know that you're in the military hahah..and about that scantily dressed girls on the covers, even I would buy those!! hahaha

Renz, be patient. Trust me buddy. The speed will come in time. and when it arrive, you will have the know how and technique to handle those missiles. :)

Haha Azlan, thanks for "liking" the post. I was semi-serious about what I said. Calibra on a fast/stiff blade is VERY ppowerful, along the lines of what our friend is looking for. I waz simply being slightly "Colorful" about what I said. I am with you 100% about learning spin at the moment. The timing can always get better and some more forward stroke and solid impact will get the power, but later when it comes together. Like you said, that takes time. My coach likes my rubbers (Aurus and calibra) but will NOT recommend them to anyone else in the club, period. Why? The rest of her students do not have the racket speed at impact to make any use of them. My sponges are pretty hard. I also use wrist at impact for the extra speed/spin. Her students are not "There" yet to use this and their current rubbers, mostly Yasaka Extend HS are best suited for what they do excedingly well, which is drive through the ball with solid contact. For 2+ years I had one of the most inexpensive rubbers on hte planet on my BH (Dawei XP 2008 Super Power 40 degree) and I could spin the logo paint off the ball on opening loops. It had great control. Just landing teh loop where you wanted it with heavy spin was and still is good enough to win points vs the div 3 and div 2 crowd. That heavy spin is simply not going to cut ti vs the top div 1 players who will punish you if you make shots that allow them any amount of time. You have to apply pressure to them right away or get blown off the table. MOST, like 99% of amature players in Korean clubs do not face these kind of opponents and do not not need super fast equipment or attack-everything mentality. The advice constantly given over time by you, Richard, Carl, And for Nrway and others I cant mention all are in the "right" approach, although of course one thing does not work for everyone, but certain principles should apply and you all seem to be very sound advice givers.

As for the "Babes" or the atttractive women on the packaging... This is about marketing and I like to crack jokes about it. Among MALES, we guys will buy ANYTHING that has a lot of attractive women on the packaging or advertising, even if it is a product we do not use much or even need. Kim Yeon Ah, the sexy looking Korean medal winning Figure Skater with a good figure herself, could go on TV, wear some revealing outfit and pimp a vacume cleaner, then shortly afterwards, half the entire nation of Korea will run out to thte department store and buy out that brand of vacume cleaners, even if at home they NEVER vacume the place, haha. Recently, GIRL GENERATION, a very popular supergroup of singers, pimped Woongjin water dispensor. (Just about every Korean home or business has a water dispensor that filters water and makes it cold or hot (for Coffee or tea). These girls are the current state of what Koreans consider young and sexy. The next month, Woongjin sales went up 4x. (our club has one of those Woongjin Conway water dispensors, but it had it years before this advert)

This is not a coincidence. This is how the male mind really works, whether we want to admit it or not. Heck, it works even on half the females as just about all the females want to look like they have the same image, whether they are already fashion model hot or ugly hags just hoping to become half-ugly.

I could take off my shirt and look like 1970s Chuck Norris with Wolf-Like hair and a cut, muscular figure absent of any fat, then make my sexy man self pics plastered all over the packaging. I could do this on a product that mist women actually use and NED to use, like say feminine hygine products like say, TAMPONS. The end result would be that company going bankrupt due to lack of sales? Why? Females simply do not operate that way. You have to use 15 year old teanie dancers or some other thin, attractive looking female to identify with them and the product and its benefits over other similar products.

I could change all of that failure of he-man marketing by adding a vibration alert to the product to let the user know it is full and ready for changing. The user would really like and appreciate that feature. That would be pretty sucessful in Asia, particualrly in Japan. That is how we know someone is calling us when our phone is in our pocket. it would be a riot if one of those things went off during a corporate board meeting, haha. Then, my packaging strategy would work, but only because I would have a patent on the hottest idea to hit that part of the industry. Plus, I would be rich on licensing fees to buy Tenergy rubberz all day and night. (I don't use Tenergy anymore though) The female picture marketing is for real and works, whether I make jokes about it or not.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thought this might be of interest:

Good explanation Yosua! In addition I tried both rubbers... In a comparison with the Hurricane 3, the Tin Arc 3 isn't that tacky at all. It has spring sponge technology as T05, but isn't as fast or spinny. I think is a fact that both Tin Arc's are made in China, but in May-June the Gold Arc and Gold Arc 3 are hitting stores. What rumor says, Gold Arc is made in China and Gold Arc 3 in Japan. Perhaps the Gold Arc 3 is going to have some of the same characteristics as Tenergies :) Time will show and I am definitely going to try a sheet out if I can save a buck :)

That was posted in this thread:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2247-tackiness-stickiness

Tackiness/Stickiness thread.