Yasaka Falck Carbon or Donic Crest AR+

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I am currently playing with a Ma Lin Carbon. 1.9 Tenergy on forehand and Spinlord Keiler.
I was using various 7 ply woods for the pimples, but I hate my fh and what it does to my top spin.

Ma Lin is decent, fh and serving is better, but its a bit thin and flimsy and erratic on bh with mid pips. Now before everyone makes jokes about my EJ syndrome, I have used the Ma Lin Carbon since August 2021.

So I need something a tad stiffer, perhaps a little thicker, whilst still retaining good fh control and topspin (my fh technique is not great, often not enough body in it).

My friend says Ma Lin Carbon is cheapo bad quality blade.

So which blade or do I just get Sergio to make me a custom?

Anyone experience of both these blades.

My MLC is about 1250hz but I am sure it plays faster than that.
Crest AR+ and Falck are between 1300 and 1350hz.

They are also both 2 or 3 mm thicker.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I need something a tad stiffer, perhaps a little thicker, whilst still retaining good fh control and topspin
Vodak 4 APC King!!
I confess I know exactly nothing at all about pips play! Nevertheless, if you're looking for a limba-outer blade that offers both a soft touch for loops and serious stiffness for direct hitting, then I can't think of a better one than this.
https://www.vodak-dreva.cz/dreva/4-apc-king-stiff-plus-spin-off/48/

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I am currently playing with a Ma Lin Carbon. 1.9 Tenergy on forehand and Spinlord Keiler.
I was using various 7 ply woods for the pimples, but I hate my fh and what it does to my top spin.

Ma Lin is decent, fh and serving is better, but its a bit thin and flimsy and erratic on bh with mid pips. Now before everyone makes jokes about my EJ syndrome, I have used the Ma Lin Carbon since August 2021.

So I need something a tad stiffer, perhaps a little thicker, whilst still retaining good fh control and topspin (my fh technique is not great, often not enough body in it).

My friend says Ma Lin Carbon is cheapo bad quality blade.

So which blade or do I just get Sergio to make me a custom?

Anyone experience of both these blades.

My MLC is about 1250hz but I am sure it plays faster than that.
Crest AR+ and Falck are between 1300 and 1350hz.

They are also both 2 or 3 mm thicker.
Unrelated question but I have a friend who plays mid pips (DHS C7)and I can’t find a way to counter him. No spin will work and his shots are very unpredictable. How should I play against him?
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think everyone joking with you with a lot of love. I think Ma Lin Carbon is inner carbon? Maybe try outer carbon? Tell us which blades you have at home. Maybe you do not need to buy more. Maybe you could try a blade at home that works better with pips and a bit softer Tenergy or a rubber that is a little tacky? I think you could try thicker sponge as well. Feels like the ball would go into the sponge more and less to the blade if the blade is a harder one?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think everyone joking with you with a lot of love. I think Ma Lin Carbon is inner carbon? Maybe try outer carbon? Tell us which blades you have at home. Maybe you do not need to buy more. Maybe you could try a blade at home that works better with pips and a bit softer Tenergy or a rubber that is a little tacky? I think you could try thicker sponge as well. Feels like the ball would go into the sponge more and less to the blade if the blade is a harder one?

Donic Balsa Carbo
2 x Ma Lin Carbon
2 x PD437
a very tatty Waldner 2016 Offensive

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I think, 10 lessons with a coach focusing on FH technique and 50-100 2 hour sessions on a robot just working on your FH technique (based on what you work on in the lessons) just may be the right blade for your needs. :)

The fh is not the problem, it is actually decent on the blade I am using. The problem is getting the balance off stiffness for the pips.
My bh is way better on stiff 7 ply wood, since the change in balls I am not getting the same spin or arc with my fh unless I use the Ma Lin Carbon.

There must be a slightly thicker , notch stiffer blade than Ma Lin Carbon.

Pretty sure Donic Crest AR+ is the ball park.
It could be Falck, 2 reviewers say Falck is more controlled and not as fast as Yasaka suggest.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

The fh is not the problem, it is actually decent on the blade I am using. The problem is getting the balance off stiffness for the pips.
My bh is way better on stiff 7 ply wood, since the change in balls I am not getting the same spin or arc with my fh unless I use the Ma Lin Carbon.

There must be a slightly thicker , notch stiffer blade than Ma Lin Carbon.

Pretty sure Donic Crest AR+ is the ball park.
It could be Falck, 2 reviewers say Falck is more controlled and not as fast as Yasaka suggest.

You have shown the mechanics of your FH when looping. When you smash, your mechanics are fine. Your smash is good. When you loop, there is a lot of wasted effort that is not translating power into the ball or into spin. But I was just joking around. And it is true that your FH is more effective with some blades and not as effective with others. But, as you said, the blades that work for your BH and the pips don't work for the FH.

Hopefully you do find the magic blade that works for both wings so you can start EJing on rubbers for FH and maybe even for BH. :)

But my guess is, not too much work, with a good coach, on the FH, and then practicing it to get the technique into muscle memory could cause your FH to be a lot stronger. But guess what....my money says that that is the case for many many players below the level of the top 100 in the world. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MOG and yoass