H3 Neo National/Provincial/Commercial Differences

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I find it kind of funny that boosting is not allowed but almost everyone knows that people playing with hurricane do boost. I also wonder how high level you need to be to feel the different between different versions of hurricane. I can imagine it is a waste of money for a lot of people and those would be better spent on coaching.

Reactions: brokenball
This user has no status.
I find it kind of funny that boosting is not allowed but almost everyone knows that people playing with hurricane do boost. I also wonder how high level you need to be to feel the different between different versions of hurricane. I can imagine it is a waste of money for a lot of people and those would be better spent on coaching.

That's holy truth" !!!
A lot of amateur gamers think that their har with a provincial or national hurricane will be better ... ???
Then they are disappointed and do not know what to do with the rubber, they call, write emails and ask how to adjust the rubber to play.
In addition, he does not know that a booster shortens the life of the rubber. It is ideal to replace the rubber with a new one every two months. If the boosting is repeated, the game properties of the rubber also change.
It's an endless story ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have played with H3 and H3Neo a lot. H3 is dead but still usable close to the table. I have also played with my coaches H3 National on a TB ALC with T05 on the BH. I wasn't impressed for what it costs.

The advantage of the national compared to the province version is ridiculous low for the pricetag(difference).
I would never recommend anyone to go for smth that expensive if you are not sponsored by that brand or above 2k TTR. For everyone else there are better alternatives out there (especially in regions besides china^^).

The only thing i am curious about is how big the difference between the neo and the normal version is with the province option.
The reason for it is simply the price for me. I have to boost both versions either way and if the result with the normal version is kind of the same i can save more than 5 euros with every rubber especially since the hurricane 3s got way more expensive because of the taxes and shortages (i assume the last reason).

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

The advantage of the national compared to the province version is ridiculous low for the pricetag(difference).
I would never recommend anyone to go for smth that expensive if you are not sponsored by that brand or above 2k TTR. For everyone else there are better alternatives out there (especially in regions besides china^^).

The only thing i am curious about is how big the difference between the neo and the normal version is with the province option.
The reason for it is simply the price for me. I have to boost both versions either way and if the result with the normal version is kind of the same i can save more than 5 euros with every rubber especially since the hurricane 3s got way more expensive because of the taxes and shortages (i assume the last reason).

a member of my club decided to upgrade from commercial to provincial and his verdict :""" A waste of extra costs.""" He could not
find any improvement at all and to be honest, after i had a go with is racket, neither could i

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
If I have to buy a H3 National, I rather use that money and buy two Nittaku H3 Pro Turbo Blue Sponge for that same amount of money.

May I know the lifespan/durability of h3 pro turbo blue spong?
does it require boosting just like the dhs hurricane rubbers?

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

May I know the lifespan/durability of h3 pro turbo blue spong?
does it require boosting just like the dhs hurricane rubbers?

Lifespan: I bought mine end of last year and it is still tacky up to today. There are some wear and tear but it is still tacky.

Boosting: Hell Yeah! After all it is still H3 topsheet although with Nittaku sponge.

I'll stick my neck out and say that this Nittaku product is just as good as Nat H3 at half the price.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
Sep 2019
Lifespan: I bought mine end of last year and it is still tacky up to today. There are some wear and tear but it is still tacky.

Boosting: Hell Yeah! After all it is still H3 topsheet although with Nittaku sponge.

I'll stick my neck out and say that this Nittaku product is just as good as Nat H3 at half the price.

Would you recommend this over the h3 provincial blue sponge? By the way, how many layers of booster do you use?
does this rubber fits with a blade like viscaria?

Mar 2021

Would you recommend this over the h3 provincial blue sponge? By the way, how many layers of booster do you use?
does this rubber fits with a blade like viscaria?

This Nittaku H3 is very hard ( 43 degree if I am not wrong but definitely is harder than 40 degree). You'll definitely need booster for it to be workable or else you'll be playing with brick. Two layer Falco.

I personally have not played with Viscaria. However, I have put this on DHS Long V + Nittaku Acoustic + DS90. It is not playable for me on Long V + DS 90. Marginally playable on Acoustic.

Long V being rated OFF++ is too uncontrollable for me.

As for DS90 is too stiff and my looping suffer but it felt better with Donic M1 as FH. Somehow DS90 felt 'more right' when paired with tensor rubber,

Acoustic is barely playable, I have to be in very good position to make good shot, is very unforgiving. I am no pro, I cannot take that kind of punishment in the pursuit of fun & exercise.

So currently my pairing of Mid Hard H2 on Stiga All round is just nice and to my liking very much.

N/B: Nittaku H3 or DHS H3 provincial.

DHS H3 Provincial comes in various hardness ( soft, mid, hard & super hard )
Nittaku H3 comes only in super-hard.

It is all or nothing for Nit-H3.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
This Nittaku H3 is very hard ( 43 degree if I am not wrong but definitely is harder than 40 degree). You'll definitely need booster for it to be workable or else you'll be playing with brick. Two layer Falco.

I personally have not played with Viscaria. However, I have put this on DHS Long V + Nittaku Acoustic + DS90. It is not playable for me on Long V + DS 90. Marginally playable on Acoustic.

As for DS90 is too stiff and my looping suffer but it felt better with Donic M1 as FH. Somehow DS90 felt 'more right' when paired with tensor rubber,

Acoustic is barely playable, I have to be in very good position to make good shot, is very unforgiving. I am no pro, I cannot take that kind of punishment in the pursuit of fun & exercise.

So currently my pairing of Mid Hard H2 on Stiga All round is just nice and to my liking very much.

I’ve never tried h3 rubbers but eager to play with it. But as you know there’s a lot about dhs rubbers having different hardness, different versions and so on, I’m lost where to start with. I’m thinking it to pair on my fh side of viscaria. I’m just an amateur and I don’t usually play frequently so I’m not buying the national bs version(I don’t think it’s necessary for my lvl of play and due to the price of course) I’m looking forward for the provincial BS ones but unsure which hardness to go with. Any suggestions please on which hardness to go with (39,40 or 41) It’ll be great if I could get used to/adapt to the rubber easily. And also, will boosting effect be gone whether or not you play? Or it will the effect degrade the more you play with it?
Moreover I just found the nittaku pro 3 turbo bs now.
would love to hear from you about the case

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

just checking : have you tried the Loki Rxton V ??

Mar 2021
I’ve never tried h3 rubbers but eager to play with it. But as you know there’s a lot about dhs rubbers having different hardness, different versions and so on, I’m lost where to start with. I’m thinking it to pair on my fh side of viscaria. I’m just an amateur and I don’t usually play frequently so I’m not buying the national bs version(I don’t think it’s necessary for my lvl of play and due to the price of course) I’m looking forward for the provincial BS ones but unsure which hardness to go with. Any suggestions please on which hardness to go with (39,40 or 41) It’ll be great if I could get used to/adapt to the rubber easily. And also, will boosting effect be gone whether or not you play? Or it will the effect degrade the more you play with it?
Moreover I just found the nittaku pro 3 turbo bs now.
would love to hear from you about the case
If you are new to DHS Hurricane family, just go with the commercial DHS neoH3 mid hard i.e., 39 degree hardness. From there you can know where you will want to head.

Choose neo version = factory boosted = softer sponge = easier to play with. Take baby steps, my friend, baby steps.