Blade Replacement - Carbon or All Wood ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Vega Europe felt dead and bad in every aspect to me.
Rakza 7 Soft was very good if you don't mind softness.
T 05 FX is supposedly "better" version of Rakza 7 Soft. I haven't tried it though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
There was some issue with my login (Maybe some other people who have used Facebook account for login, have also noticed this issue. My solution was to reset the password and then it worked), and hence I couldn't reply you earlier.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and guidance, really thanks a ton!!! I'm convinced with your advice and I plan to replace H3NEO on FH side with a European style rubbers .I think at this moment, Tenergy 05 might be too much for me, hence I'm thinking of getting Nittaku Fastarc G-1 for my FH. As mentioned before I was thinking of Rakza 7 also for FH, but that rubber I already have for my BH, so, just out of curiosity, and based on videos on YouTube and some reviews. I decided to pick this one. Seems like a rubber that might suit me well. If not then will swap it with my Rakza 7 on BH.

Hopefully, in about a month will share my experience.

So, finally I could play again. The first day, I went to play, I was very lucky, because I got a chance to play with another person's blade for a few moment, He has the same Viscaria blade but different rubbers (Dignics 80 on one side and Dignics 09c on another). Dignics 09c on the FH side, did not impress me much, it felt quite normal rubber, but Dignics 80 was sooooo crisp and direct. Impressed by Dignics 80, I decided to go with Dignics 80 for my Backhand, but my main goal was to replace the Hurricane 3 NEO on my FH side. So, when i was placing the order on Butterfly online shop, I thought, why not pick another butterfly rubber for my FH as well (They are expensive, but many people here have mentioned that Butterfly rubbers last long), therefore, after few more hours on Youtube and World Wide Web, I picked Tenergy 19.

I've played with this setup, (VISCARIA + Tenergy 19 on FH + Dignics 80 on BH) in regular practice session and in two competition (Dutch NTTB league, class 5, which is quite low) days and my experience so far is as follows:

Compared to H3NEO, Tenergy 19 is lot easier to play with. I can still generate quite a lot of spin at my level and I still manage to get lot of points on serve itself. FH receive is also great, not as good as H3NEO, but still very very good. My consistency in FH loop is improving, I have to change my style a little, because, previously I was using too much effort and hence was getting tired, quite easily, but now I can do few more loops, before my lungs give up. The best part i feel so far, is the feel, maybe because the Tenergy 19 is not that hard, I have a better feel.

Dignics 80 is beast, it's so fast and therefore it's a two edge sword, if I do passive block, the ball just flies of the table, specially on the block for topspin from opponents, but when I play more active with it, it is very very impressive. I can open on backspin serve, with relative ease, can do flicks, but still the speed is something that I need to get used to. The speed issue I faced in competition match, because, as soon as the opponents notice, your weakness, they want to exploit it and in the last few matches, I was struggling a little with controlling the ball. Please note that for me this is not a big issue during the practice sessions, because there I'm much more calm and relaxed and I play quite offensive during the practice sessions,

My conclusion so far from trying different techniques (Chinese rubbers, European rubbers) is that play with Chinese tacky rubbers ONLY if you are extremely physically fit and you practice a lot, i mean a lot with some supervision. If you are not (I'm not), then it WILL slow down your progress, or might even make you a worse player than you were before. After getting all the help from these so called "European style rubbers", maybe over time, I will develop some bad techniques, but really who cares. The best case scenario for me is to be able to play at RECREATIONAL level, class 3 or max at class 2 someday, and that is already a very very challenging and distant goal, I first need to consistently win few and move to the next bracket.

Last edited: