USATT rating

This user has no status.
I’m really confused about how USATT ratings translate into actual skill levels. Can someone give a translation of “ rating to layman’s terms”? For example, what rating is considered beginner level? And what skills are needed to reach a certain rating.
Also, could someone please name a few well known players’ ratings?( like Dan’s) Or link a few videos of players of a certain rating to help me get a concept of what the rating means.
Thanks a lot!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2019

A very rough idea is <1000 beginner, 1500 mid level, 2000 expert player (Adam Bobrow f.e.) and 2500+ national level.

the USATT rating works by evaluating your wins/losses against the rating of other players: the more you beat players with a higher rating than yours, the more rating points you gain (and viceversa, loosing to players with lower rating than yours). Hard to match (at least for me) 1-to-1 with other ratings

as for idea of some of the best players in USA (and from other countries too!) have a look at videos on the youtube channel "TTNetworkUSA" (i cant post links yet..) they are from a well known club in the US East coast hosting monthly event, and they have the USATT rating while showing the match score. Last month even there was B. Olah, Finland national player (who recently played the WTT contender in Doha.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.

A very rough idea is <1000 beginner, 1500 mid level, 2000 expert player (Adam Bobrow f.e.) and 2500+ national level.

the USATT rating works by evaluating your wins/losses against the rating of other players: the more you beat players with a higher rating than yours, the more rating points you gain (and viceversa, loosing to players with lower rating than yours). Hard to match (at least for me) 1-to-1 with other ratings

as for idea of some of the best players in USA (and from other countries too!) have a look at videos on the youtube channel "TTNetworkUSA" (i cant post links yet..) they are from a well known club in the US East coast hosting monthly event, and they have the USATT rating while showing the match score. Last month even there was B. Olah, Finland national player (who recently played the WTT contender in Doha.

Thanks! I know Benedek Olah, he beat Otto!