What Rubber so Chinese Kids play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am not talking 14 yo national junior team kids but regular let's say 8-12 yo kids with some ambition to get better. Are they already playing like hurricane or more soft rubbers like European club kids?

This user has no status.
I am not talking 14 yo national junior team kids but regular let's say 8-12 yo kids with some ambition to get better. Are they already playing like hurricane or more soft rubbers like European club kids?

China is a huge country. I guess it will be hard to generalize here because of the lack in data. At least i dont have this data, maybe if you write an email to the chinese government you gonna get the needed data from them^^

Jokes aside, if i remember correct one chinese guy mentioned they usually play with the cheaper alternatives to hurricane 3 like palio, yinhe, kokutaku and so on.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hurricane 3 ( any level) on FH, and Xiom Vega Asia max on BH is what most coaches recommend. TBH, and tensor on the BH is fine.

Hi Birdman,

Can you please ask your coach or coaches, why Skyline or the H2 is not favoured anymore? Any reason for it? Why H3 all the time?

This user has no status.

One reason in particular for the Vega Asia ?

It’s just good for feeling and developing technique. It has more control compared to T05, has forgiveness, has a lot of power on high impact, and is cheap. IMHO, any tensor is good for BH.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
And what blades do this kids use?

Lot’s just use a cheap training blade. The ones that are serious about playing use wood mostly.
Beginner—intermediate: DHS Power 7/ Donic Ovtcharov No.1 Senso( wood)/ Stiga Clipper/ Butterfly Petr Korbel.
Advanced: Butterfly carbon blades( mostly Viscaria)/ Stiga wooden.
a lot of kids use the same blade all the way up the levels though.

This user has no status.

Hi Birdman,

Can you please ask your coach or coaches, why Skyline or the H2 is not favoured anymore? Any reason for it? Why H3 all the time?

Sorry, I can’t really get in touch with my coach because I have been resting from an injury, and can’t go train anytime soon. Here is my opinion on the matter:
1. Cause Ma Long and the national team uses H3.
2. Because it’s good.
But seriously, I think Skyline fits penhold more, and penhold is dying out. H2 can’t match H3 simply because it’s too old, and although might excel in some ways, overall it is not as good as the H3.

NDH

says Spin to win!

One part of your question which I’m not sure is a little lost in translation……

It sounds like you think that using Hurricane 3 is a big challenge and only for very good players already? (Sorry if I’ve missed the tone of what you were saying).

In the UK, there seems to have been a shift away from your typical soft European rubbers for juniors, towards the harder, tacky, Chinese rubbers.

It allows developing players to learn the full strokes (because the rubber is much slower in general), without the fear of sending the ball flying long like you would with the European softer rubbers.

This user has no status.

It sounds like you think that using Hurricane 3 is a big challenge and only for very good players already? (Sorry if I’ve missed the tone of what you were saying).

In the UK, there seems to have been a shift away from your typical soft European rubbers for juniors, towards the harder, tacky, Chinese rubbers.

It allows developing players to learn the full strokes (because the rubber is much slower in general), without the fear of sending the ball flying long like you would with the European softer rubbers.

Yes I totally agree !!! The bad habit of European coaches is that they "prescribe" soft rubbers to young novice players.
I'm sure if young players used sticky rubbers with a hard sponge right from the start, the quality of the game would develop faster and with better technique.

Reactions: ttarc and Equaaz
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

I do know those bouncy tensor rubber do that, but, my personal experience is that older gen ESN rubber like Baracuda + Joola Zack + Yasaka Mark V has less this problem.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Sorry, I can’t really get in touch with my coach because I have been resting from an injury, and can’t go train anytime soon. Here is my opinion on the matter:
1. Cause Ma Long and the national team uses H3.
2. Because it’s good.
But seriously, I think Skyline fits penhold more, and penhold is dying out. H2 can’t match H3 simply because it’s too old, and although might excel in some ways, overall it is not as good as the H3.

Any reason why you say this?

I use Skyline on handshake and I do not find it worse or better than say H2 / H3, so far...

NDH

says Spin to win!
I do know those bouncy tensor rubber do that, but, my personal experience is that older gen ESN rubber like Baracuda + Joola Zack + Yasaka Mark V has less this problem.

Those rubbers would be recommended for the next stage.

Once a beginner has learnt the basic strokes and is looking to get a bit more out of their equipment, we’d recommend Sriver/Mark V etc.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Those rubbers would be recommended for the next stage.

Once a beginner has learnt the basic strokes and is looking to get a bit more out of their equipment, we’d recommend Sriver/Mark V etc.

So it is like Desto / M3 ====> Baracuda / Sriver / Mark V ====> M1 / Rakza 7 / X / MX-P ====> T05 /Dignics

NDH

says Spin to win!
So it is like Desto / M3 ====> Baracuda / Sriver / Mark V ====> M1 / Rakza 7 / X / MX-P ====> T05 /Dignics

That’s certainly the way the coaches I know would
recommend now.

Obviously each player learns at different speeds, and it won’t always follow that pattern.

But it’s the way my son is learning at the moment.

He’s been using 729 on both sides, and will upgrade to DHS G5 after Christmas.

Depending on his level after a year or so, he might go straight to something like Dignics, but he’ll more than likely take a smaller step first.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

So something like an unboosted h3 would be good to learn proper strokes? But only for forehand, right?
​​​

This user has no status.
Any reason why you say this?

I use Skyline on handshake and I do not find it worse or better than say H2 / H3, so far...

It’s just something lots of people say here in China. I’ve played with a TG3 on my friend’s racket and it didn’t feel good for shake hand. Maybe because it was a premade racket( TG Blue), and really heavy.

NDH

says Spin to win!

So something like an unboosted h3 would be good to learn proper strokes? But only for forehand, right?
​​​

Depending on where you live, you could probably get something cheaper and slower that would be better.

H3 unboosted isn’t particularly fast, but something like Friendship 729 is cheaper and better for learning (in my opinion).

If they are learning a 2 winged attacking game, I’d put the same rubber on both sides initially.

Reactions: Dominikk85