Butterfly Dimitrij Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Review

NDH

says Spin to win!

Thanks for your review, it is much appreciated. I see that you are comparing this blade with different blades that you have had in the past. I would like to ask your personal preference after trying those blades, which blade would you pick if you had only one choice and why?

The Ovtcharov..... Because after spending £350 on the blade and rubbers, it's the only answer that'll let me sleep at night 😂

In all seriousness, I would have to do a direct comparison of the Ovtcharov with the TB ALC using the same rubbers before deciding.

I would rather have the TB ALC over the Harimoto though, so it's between the TB ALC and Ovtcharov.

My gut feeling is that I'd go with the Ovtcharov, because it provides all the power I need with a better touch and short game.

But honestly, if you went for the one you liked the look of most..... You probably wouldn't be missing out too much - They are all very, very similar.

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Is dignics 09C on ovtcharov’s blade too(overly) fast?
from what timo boll said dignics 09C can be used for intermediate players as well due to the longer contact time.
Moreover, do you think it’d be suitable to use Rozena on the bh side of Ovtcharov’s blade?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Is dignics 09C on ovtcharov’s blade too(overly) fast?
from what timo boll said dignics 09C can be used for intermediate players as well due to the longer contact time.
Moreover, do you think it’d be suitable to use Rozena on the bh side of Ovtcharov’s blade?
Amazingly, I’d have no problems recommending 09C to an intermediate player.

You really have to work it, like you would a cheaper Chinese rubber - The rubber doesn’t do much of the work for you, so if you are currently used to being out of position and playing a soft shot that has the catapult effect of something like T05, you’ll find there will be an adjustment period for 09C.

I’ve had it a few times where I’ve been jammed up in my body, and tried to play a slow controlled shot back, and it’s barely gone anywhere.

Previously, T05 would always you to do that, but Dignics requires much more effort.

As for Rozena, I’ve never actually tried it, but I’d have no issues using it.

I think it’s easy to worry about what rubbers go with what blades etc, but personally, I just don’t think it matters quite as much as people think.

if you break all rubbers and blades down into 4 categories of DEF, ALL, OFF and OFF+, you can then just pair up what you want.

Rozena would come under the OFF category for me, and the blade would be an OFF+

So if you can use a fast blade with fast rubbers, you’ll be absolutely fine.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
Sep 2019

You really have to work it, like you would a cheaper Chinese rubber - The rubber doesn’t do much of the work for you, so if you are currently used to being out of position and playing a soft shot that has the catapult effect of something like T05, you’ll find there will be an adjustment period for 09C.

I’ve had it a few times where I’ve been jammed up in my body, and tried to play a slow controlled shot back, and it’s barely gone anywhere.

Previously, T05 would always you to do that, but Dignics requires much more effort.

I think it’s easy to worry about what rubbers go with what blades etc, but personally, I just don’t think it matters quite as much as people think.

if you break all rubbers and blades down into 4 categories of DEF, ALL, OFF and OFF+, you can then just pair up what you want.

First of all thanks, for explaining with patience. By the way how much does the blade itself alone weight with ST handle of yours? And the total weight with both rubbers as well. How’s the durability and longevity of dignics 09C?
Another thing I’d like to know is the edge tape and the no of layers of glue you use.
do you use the edge tape all around the racket or just in some proportion like timo and dima. Does the edge tape really have impact on the racket overall like becoming slower or not feeling as crips as before or as it should be.
Im sure you do use free chack pro 2 glue, may I know how many layers of glue do you use on the rubbers and blade.

Pls don’t mind me for asking many questions as I have to be very mindful and careful when buying certain equipment and setup as they cost bucks and I have to pay it myself.
Thanks in advance🙌
would love to hear from you and much appreciated

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Hi NDH I see you have switched to using ovtcharov ALC, Dignics 09c on the forehand and Dignics 05 on the backhand from your Timo Boll ALC and T05 on both sides, how does this setup differ

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Any other reviews ? I heard that the blade is quite stiff (is it stiffer than a Viscaria ?) and has a low throw angle, is that true ?

Ovtcharov innerforce is stiffer than the Viscaria. I used both blade and I think Ovtcharov has a slightly higher arc angle than viscaria in my case.

Reactions: Rinforzando
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
20230915_203220.jpg
This pro version will be even more amazing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Does anyone know how the shape of the heads of Ovtcharov/Harimoto blades differ from classic Butterfly blades (boll, viscaria etc).
The measurements are one thing but where are the added width added?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
152x158 vs 150x157, Ovtcharov feels little heavy to the head
Thanks!

I guess what I really wanted to know is - do the bigger heads have the same shape, just bigger, or is something else different? They could have made it more egg shaped, wider overall or something like that.
The Ovtcharov blade is quite thick so it should have been more tilted to the head anyway. (Given that everything else is the same.)