Premade rackets

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
They do a Viscaria with Tenergy among a lot of others…

Tabletennis11 do a whole bunch of good ones…

Are you talking about ordering a Viscaria and then ordering Tenergy and having TableTennis11 put it together for you? That is buying all the parts separately and putting it together.

If TableTennis11 has taken some popular blades and matched them with popular rubbers and are selling them as a combination (racket), that is also not something that comes out of the factory packaged as a racket.

Here, here is an example of something that is put together in the factory:

https://www.amazon.com/STIGA-Carbon-Performance-Level-Technology-Tournament/dp/B00EFY9F9E/ref=asc_df_B00EFY9F9E/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167128853713&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3034068108913356272&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004351&hvtargid=pla-275391390628&psc=1

Something like that, I would recommend buying specific blade and rubbers and learning how to glue and cut for someone more beginner. That link I posted is a racket that costs more than any of the parts are worth.

But it is true, there are some better quality premade rackets. If it was a blade like a Harimotto with Tenergy I definitely would buy the parts separately and glue the rubbers on. Because if the blade and rubbers were glued by Butterfly, packaged and sent out for sale, odds are that would sit on a shelf a long time before someone bought it. So, it would be more likely that those rubbers are older than you would get if you bought each piece individually, whether you had a shop like TT11 glue it together or not.

But, again, it whether a premade racket is good or not and whether a premade racket is good for the individual buying the product, really depends on the premade racket AND the person who is buying it.

Mr Lazer,

By 'pre-made' people mean bats that have rubbers (cheap ones, below the quality of rubbers that one would buy in an individual pack) superglued to the blade in the factory. Not only does this mean that it is nearly impossible to remove and replace the rubbers but usually the blades are funky- heavy and with weird handles.

From the main companies it is primarily Stiga and Butterfly that are guilty of selling this sub-par equipment at too high a cost.

From OP's post it was clear that he was talking about these sorts of bats, not about a Viscaria with T05 on both sides sold with everything assembled by a shop.

Cheers,

S-faChamp

I don't think so. A pre-made is when You buy a racket with the rubber already attached to the blade.
What You are talking about does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same context. And I'm sorry I don't think that the originator is talking about this type. Both Stiga and Butterfly are selling pre-mades within ALL categories. From the "sandpaper" type upto pro types. ANYBODY with the minimal ping skills can tell the difference...
What he is talking about is something like the "Stiga prestige 5-star" which is not a bad option for someone not too skilled...

Cheers
L-zr

Are you talking about ordering a Viscaria and then ordering Tenergy and having TableTennis11 put it together for you? That is buying all the parts separately and putting it together.
No, butterfly has already put together the package for you...

NDH

says Spin to win!
I don't think so. A pre-made is when You buy a racket with the rubber already attached to the blade.
What You are talking about does not even deserve to be mentioned in the same context. And I'm sorry I don't think that the originator is talking about this type. Both Stiga and Butterfly are selling pre-mades within ALL categories. From the "sandpaper" type upto pro types. ANYBODY with the minimal ping skills can tell the difference...
What he is talking about is something like the "Stiga prestige 5-star" which is not a bad option for someone not too skilled...

Cheers
L-zr

I still think this may be a difference in culture/country.

Even though Tees Sport (biggest UK Table Tennis shop) offer bats that have already been "made up", such as the TB ALC with Tenergy 05 on both sides, I can confidently say that no one would refer to them as "pre made".

Certainly in the UK, 99% of people (at a guess) would refer to "pre made" as the ones you buy in a generic sports shop, or the Butterfly/Stiga ones you buy that have the rubbers superglued on etc.

"Pre Made" would never refer to anything like the Viscaria/Tenergy.

Again, it may be different in a country where Table Tennis is more popular.......

This user has no status.

I still think this may be a difference in culture/country.

Even though Tees Sport (biggest UK Table Tennis shop) offer bats that have already been "made up", such as the TB ALC with Tenergy 05 on both sides, I can confidently say that no one would refer to them as "pre made".

Certainly in the UK, 99% of people (at a guess) would refer to "pre made" as the ones you buy in a generic sports shop, or the Butterfly/Stiga ones you buy that have the rubbers superglued on etc.

"Pre Made" would never refer to anything like the Viscaria/Tenergy.

Again, it may be different in a country where Table Tennis is more popular.......

Same here in China

In the western world You have a multitude of options even in the UK.
But even if we limit ourselves to the rackets that can only be bought as is i.e Stiga prestige 5-star they are not all useless…

I have no idea how it is in China but I believe they can buy from the west…

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
But even if we limit ourselves to the rackets that can only be bought as is i.e Stiga prestige 5-star they are not all useless…

Am i missing something here ?
Why would there be a need for Chinese to buy from the West ?
They are the biggest producer of ping pong products and manufacture everything from absolute rubbish to items so
qualitatively good that top players are happy to use them.
just saying 😁

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.

That’s the case only for Stiga and BTY. Here in China we have other literally stupid pre made rackets. The best quality is DHS, their rackets have 5 ply cheap cracking wood as a blade, use sub par rubbers that don’t have printings on the back and even has different characteristics as the normal commercial version, and is usually around 220 grams for shake hand. Double fish and Yinhe are even worse. Some pre made rackets just have sandpaper or a long-pimple ish thin sponge pair with a top sheet as grippy as an anti.
at the extreme, there is a brand called CNSTT who sells rackets that are worse than any DHS or other premade rackets, for 2000 euros each. I’m not kidding. They even claim it’s used by “ Top Canadian athletes”.
So yes, it is different here in China. :D

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

That’s the case only for Stiga and BTY. Here in China we have other literally stupid pre made rackets. The best quality is DHS, their rackets have 5 ply cheap cracking wood as a blade, use sub par rubbers that don’t have printings on the back and even has different characteristics as the normal commercial version, and is usually around 220 grams for shake hand. Double fish and Yinhe are even worse. Some pre made rackets just have sandpaper or a long-pimple ish thin sponge pair with a top sheet as grippy as an anti.
at the extreme, there is a brand called CNSTT who sells rackets that are worse than any DHS or other premade rackets, for 2000 euros each. I’m not kidding. They even claim it’s used by “ Top Canadian athletes”.
So yes, it is different here in China. :D

So, to be clear, as the OP of this thread, you did not mean the kind of rackets Lazer was talking about but the kind of rackets that everyone else is associated with the term "PREMADE RACKETS." Is that correct?

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
So, to be clear, as the OP of this thread, you did not mean the kind of rackets Lazer was talking about but the kind of rackets that everyone else is associated with the term "PREMADE RACKETS." Is that correct?

Back in recess. Yes I meant what Carl is saying.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl