Viscaria with more control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Hello everyone :)
I've been playing with a viscaria blade and T05 (forehand) + T05fx (backhand) for 2 years now, and it has been great, as long as I could practice very much to maintain a certain ball feeling, but the thing is that i don't have that much time anymore, and I'm lacking consistency in my passive game, especially when blocking against heavy topspin. Even tho I know the setup doesn't make the player, I was thinking about changing my blade to something viscaria-like cuz I'm still happy with it (especially for powerful shots and counter-topspins), but i would like it to be just a little bit easier to control during passive game (serve/short game/blocking). So just like a viscaria but with a bit more control if u see what I mean.
As my current setup is the only butterfly racket i ever had, i would like to get another blade from them cuz I love it, but i don't know which one, anyone who could help me a little please so I don't do any mistake ? Or maybe i should stick to it ahah
thank u very much ! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Sounds like an Innerforce blade of sorts would be ideal.

The Harimoto ALC gives you the same top end speed, whilst offering more control and touch in the short game.

Much better on the blocks too.

Yeah I thought about it ! I'm kind of hesitating between the harimoto ALC, the dima ALC and the Lin Gaoyuan ALC, glad to see that I wasn't wrong considering it ahah, thank you :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
If it is only a little too fast I have read the suggestion of trying to get a lighter viscaria. Maybe you can sell yours and get a lighter one in the low 80s range.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Yeah I thought about it ! I'm kind of hesitating between the harimoto ALC, the dima ALC and the Lin Gaoyuan ALC, glad to see that I wasn't wrong considering it ahah, thank you :)

The Lin Gaoyuan will be virtually identical to your Viscaria.

The Harimoto is definitely noticeably slower and more controlled when you need it, without sacrificing much speed and power.

The Dima again looks very similar to the Viscaria from a speed POV, but I’m playing with it tomorrow so I can let you know.

For reference, I own the TB ALC (which is the same as the Viscaria), Harimoto ALC and Dima ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
If it is only a little too fast I have read the suggestion of trying to get a lighter viscaria. Maybe you can sell yours and get a lighter one in the low 80s range.

Yeah i saw something on butterfly's website about "weight selection", and it's true that i often feel like my blade is too heavy whenever i'm not in top form, i will try to see how it works because i don't get it so much on their site ahahah, thank you !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014

The Lin Gaoyuan will be virtually identical to your Viscaria.

The Harimoto is definitely noticeably slower and more controlled when you need it, without sacrificing much speed and power.

The Dima again looks very similar to the Viscaria from a speed POV, but I’m playing with it tomorrow so I can let you know.

For reference, I own the TB ALC (which is the same as the Viscaria), Harimoto ALC and Dima ALC.

Ohhh okay I didn't know those where exactly the same ! marketing i guess ahaha
thank u for your great advice and yeah i'm looking forward about your review of the dima blade !
So for now it's either harimoto ALC (or harimoto innerforce ZLC but it might be too fast again?) or a lighter version of the viscaria (if I ever manage to get how the weight selection works on their site ahaha) :)

NDH

says Spin to win!

I wish I could do that, but the weight selection feature is not available on the french butterfly website :(( i thought about ordering from another country but it won't deliver at my place then, which is kind of a problem lol

Just putting this out there (and all opinions will be different), but I don’t believe a lighter Viscaria will make enough of a difference personally.

But it’ll aways be one of those “won’t know till you’ve tried”.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Petr Korbel all wood with Rozena on both side, once you gain back your control, then go back to your beloved Viscaria. Keep this Korbel as your spare down-time / off-form set-up.

Petr Korbel has a super thin handle compared to Viscaria. A Tibhar Stratus Power Wood would be a perfect mix between the handle of the viscaria and the composition of the Korbel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What is you level? Feel like everyone use carbon blades from butterfly since everyone else does. I think the majority would benefit from slower blades and or all wood blade.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
I've heard lin gaoyuan alc is softer and offers more control compare to viscaria and they are very similar in structure both being alc(s). Another options would be innerforce blades (harimoto innerforce alc, Dima innerforce alc). From what I know, dima's blade is faster, thicker core(more powerful) and more aggressive compare to harimoto despite being same composition. I think control is pretty much the same.
Why don't you wait for fan zhendong's blade? It's coming out sooner or later I predict. It'll be an alc as well.
Or you should check the viscaria golden too.

• Love
Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand