Help with match

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
A Beijing junior provincial team member from my school is challenging me to play a match tomorrow. The dude is top 5 rated in Beijing, what do I do? I’m scared right now.
Will you face the firing squad if you lose?

No? Then why worry?

In the bigger scheme of things, this is after all just a game.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

In fact, I get the electric chair if I lose

Now you are just being silly. The Chinese govt is know for being efficient, this method is too time consuming and expensive. Imagine getting the bill sent to your family later on, it would burden them.

Bullet is faster and cheaper.

But, jokes aside, do update us how the match go. Eager to know how you fared...If you are not the shy type, perhaps a video of your epic smackdown will do nicely.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
A Beijing junior provincial team member from my school is challenging me to play a match tomorrow. The dude is top 5 rated in Beijing, what do I do? I’m scared right now.

You're the under-dog.. The pressures on your challenger .. Infact, you have less to lose than him .. Play your game in full-flow .. Go For IT !!!

This user has no status.

Now you are just being silly. The Chinese govt is know for being efficient, this method is too time consuming and expensive. Imagine getting the bill sent to your family later on, it would burden them.

Bullet is faster and cheaper.

But, jokes aside, do update us how the match go. Eager to know how you fared...If you are not the shy type, perhaps a video of your epic smackdown will do nicely.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to record it because no phones allowed in school. I will tell you how it ends, but I think we all know already.😅

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

I you do not quickly locate hiz drinking water source and spike to 20ppm+ of chlorine, then you are screwed. take your beating and shake dude's hand.

• Haha
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Der_Echte;359032
I you do not quickly locate hiz drinking water
zxc;359066Long Pimples + Anti

= Group beating

Yeah, I can't imagine LP + Anti would be all that effective against a kid who is top 5 junior in Beijing. :)

@PBirdP: aren't you recovering from an injury? Fall over in the first game of the match and hold your injured arm or leg or whatever it is and do an academy award acting job. Der_Echte can give you more details on how if you want. :)

This user has no status.

Yeah, I can't imagine LP + Anti would be all that effective against a kid who is top 5 junior in Beijing. :)

@PBirdP: aren't you recovering from an injury? Fall over in the first game of the match and hold your injured arm or leg or whatever it is and do an academy award acting job. Der_Echte can give you more details on how if you want. :)

Just got back to playing on Monday.

(Sneaking this message in recess)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Think of all the maybe hundreds of TT-matches you have seen and/or played . There has always been 1 winner and 1 loser, it IS NATURAL.
So you win one and loose one, don't sweat it

No, no, no.....losing is not an option. But cheating is. :)

This user has no status.
Update: I played the match!
Format: 5 set showdown
Players: Noob vs Pro
Result: I lost 0-3 (expected)
set 1: 4-11
Managed to confuse him with my first two serves. Cannot return anything he dished out. Won other two points in far from table topspin rallies( height, reach and strength advantage for me)
Set 2: 3-11
Still couldn’t return his serves. He is getting the hang of my serves. Topspin is still my killer.
Set 3: 5-11
He got a little tired. I changed my serve to tomahawk, kind of worked, got a few attacking chances and took them. He did a great job controlling the ball this set, only one topspin rally.
Conclusion: 1. Change up my serves every time they get used to it. 2. Fix inconsistency with backhand topspin and flick. 3. Serve either short and spiny or long and fast, bring the game far away against smaller/physically weaker opponents. 4. Topspin and defensive play are my strengths(relative) because of reach and strength. 5. Avoid long close-to-table rallies especially against fast attackers, I can’t open up fast enough because of 190cm height. 6. Be more active against downspin, try to FH or BH topspin to start the attack, not just push. 6. DONT TRY TO BE FANCY. 7. Don’t chop, I can’t.
Most important: DO NOT drink water given by the opponent, especially if it looks like it’s spiked with >200 ppm of chlorine.
Suggestions welcome!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Birdman,

The 190cm height caught my attention and I diagnosed your defeat based on that point. You lost because:

i) You did not use Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC or Franziska Innerforce ZLC
ii) You did not use Dignics 09C on FH and Dignics 05 on BH.
iii) Last but not least you did not exhale Whoop-ahh! each time you top-spin the return.

Because of the above, that is why you are the LOSER!

This user has no status.
Birdman,

The 190cm height caught my attention and I diagnosed your defeat based on that point. You lost because:

i) You did not use Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC or Franziska Innerforce ZLC
ii) You did not use Dignics 09C on FH and Dignics 05 on BH.
iii) Last but not least you did not exhale Whoop-ahh! each time you top-spin the return.

Because of the above, that is why you are the LOSER!
I see. Unfortunately I won’t be able to achieve the first two points you mentioned due to poverty. I will try my best to do as the third says. Thanks for the suggestions. :D