Custom racket - Advice

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Noob level need noob level equipment.

Primorac all wood OFF- blade makes noob level happy.

Pair with Rozena both side first as an entry level to Tenergy if Euro-style looping is your cup of tea.

FYI Kreanga plays with Primorac but the Carbon version with both side Tenergy 05 FX aka soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Noob level need noob level equipment.

Primorac all wood OFF- blade makes noob level happy.

Pair with Rozena both side first as an entry level to Tenergy if Euro-style looping is your cup of tea.

FYI Kreanga plays with Primorac but the Carbon version with both side Tenergy 05 FX aka soft

Thank you for your informations, so what do you think is this good combination?

Blade : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/butterfly-primorac ( i think its Euro version not Japan one)
But on this website they dont have Butterfly Rozena rubbers , can you recommend some other rubber?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Thank you for your informations, so what do you think is this good combination?

Blade : https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/butterfly-primorac ( i think its Euro version not Japan one)
But on this website they dont have Butterfly Rozena rubbers , can you recommend some other rubber?

I personally have BTY Primorac All Wood and I personally have played with both side Donic Baracuda which is available at the e-store you highlighted. This pairing is easy to play with and is very forgiving. You can be off form and still get a good return to your opponent. Learn to spin first with this rubber. Speed comes later after spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I personally have BTY Primorac All Wood and I personally have played with both side Donic Baracuda which is available at the e-store you highlighted. This pairing is easy to play with and is very forgiving. You can be off form and still get a good return to your opponent. Learn to spin first with this rubber. Speed comes later after spin.

As you said it , i need to learn to spin. Since as i am right now i am not doing it so much and it is hard. So Butterfly Primorac blade paired with Donic Baracuda on both sides is a good combination for me at the moment? As for rubber thickness should i choose 2.0 mm on both sides or ?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

As you said it , i need to learn to spin. Since as i am right now i am not doing it so much and it is hard. So Butterfly Primorac blade paired with Donic Baracuda on both sides is a good combination for me at the moment? As for rubber thickness should i choose 2.0 mm on both sides or ?

Mine are both max thickness. However, the common school of thought is to use the max thickness on your dominant side and a slightly thinner one for your less dominant side.

This thought comes about like this: assuming you are a typical FH dominant attacking player, the BH side being thinner has better control and less bouncy to play control and defensively i.e., to set-up your return ball for your incoming attack by your dominant FH.

In other words on the BH side you can block or push with good control and good placement to make your opponent make unforced error so that your FH can follow up to get the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Mine are both max thickness. However, the common school of thought is to use the max thickness on your dominant side and a slightly thinner one for your less dominant side.

This thought comes about like this: assuming you are a typical FH dominant attacking player, the BH side being thinner has better control and less bouncy to play control and defensively i.e., to set-up your return ball for your incoming attack by your dominant FH.

In other words on the BH side you can block or push with good control and good placement to make your opponent make unforced error so that your FH can follow up to get the point.

The thing is i am dominant BH player , just started to use FH and get familiar with it. So i would like some good rubber for BH flicks , pushes and staff like that while attacking and that is good for blocks and BH chops while deffending

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Guys, why does everyone think they can give equipment advice without seeing how the person ACTUALLY PLAYS.
==

@Rekoba: BE WARY OF ANYONE WHO WILL TRY AND GIVE YOU EQUIPMENT ADVICE WITHOUT SEEING HOW YOU PLAY.

Can you post footage of yourself hitting a few FH shots and a few BH shots. The video does not need to be more than 25 seconds long. Just a few shots for us to see how you play.
==

Most of the people who are offering specific information on what you should get.....they may be giving okay advice.....or they may be woefully wrong about what you need.
==

It is a percentage bet that the Viscaria is not right for you. It is a percentage bet that the Primorac Off- would be "BETTER" for you. But we really can't tell what would be good for you without seeing.
==

And based on the racket you said you were using, I HIGHLY DOUBT that Rozena would be a good choice of rubbers if you were using a the racket you said and you bought it used.
==

But....AGAIN.....nobody can tell what might be useful to you without seeing you play.
==

I need a new pair of shoes. Can you tell me what size shoes I should get? :) The issue really is not that different. Would you trust someone telling you what size shoes you should wear without them ever seeing your feet or using something to measure your shoe size?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Guys, why does everyone think they can give equipment advice without seeing how the person ACTUALLY PLAYS.@Rekoba: BE WARY OF ANYONE WHO WILL TRY AND GIVE YOU EQUIPMENT ADVICE WITHOUT SEEING HOW YOU PLAY.Can you post footage of yourself hitting a few FH shots and a few BH shots. The video does not need to be more than 25 seconds long. Just a few shots for us to see how you play.Most of the people who are offering specific information on what you should get.....they may be giving okay advice.....or they may be woefully wrong about what you need.It is a percentage bet that the Viscaria is not right for you. It is a percentage bet that the Primorac Off- would be "BETTER" for you. But we really can't tell what would be good for you without seeing.And based on the racket you said you were using, I HIGHLY DOUBT that Rozena would be a good choice of rubbers if you were using a the racket you said and you bought it used.But....AGAIN.....nobody can tell what might be useful to you without seeing you play.I need a new pair of shoes. Can you tell me what size shoes I should get? :) The issue really is not that different. Would you trust someone telling you what size shoes you should wear without them ever seeing your feet or using something to measure your shoe size?

Thank you for your advice. At the moment i dont have any videos of myself playing, but as soon as i have couple of videos of me hitting HS and BH shots i will post it. That is why i said earlier i am mainly backhand player and i mean i do almost everything BH, be it offensive or defensive shots.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Thank you for your advice. At the moment i dont have any videos of myself playing, but as soon as i have couple of videos of me hitting HS and BH shots i will post it. That is why i said earlier i am mainly backhand player and i mean i do almost everything BH, be it offensive or defensive shots.

Yep. I read what you said. There were a few reasons I said that perhaps Primorac Off- and Roundell might be a good starting place for you. But it is hard to say. Like, if your BH is REALLY good and your FH just is not....then you may need different rubbers for FH and BH. But, I would also say, if this is the case, and you want to improve, it is time to start working on your FH regardless of what level you are.

But, that being said, you letting us know that you DO ALMOST EVERYTHING with your BH does not tell us what the quality of shots from either side are. So, I would say, be patient and find a way to make some footage to post. Until then, don't listen too seriously to anyone telling you that you should use a specific blade or specific rubbers. Nobody can tell without seeing you play.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Guys, why does everyone think they can give equipment advice without seeing how the person ACTUALLY PLAYS.
==

@Rekoba: BE WARY OF ANYONE WHO WILL TRY AND GIVE YOU EQUIPMENT ADVICE WITHOUT SEEING HOW YOU PLAY.
I'd also say..... Be wary of taking advice from anyone online, without seeing THEM play.....

I've seen very few people on here post any sort of video of themselves playing.

Table Tennis is definitely a sport where you can't really offer advice unless you have the experience and ability to do so.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Yep. I read what you said. There were a few reasons I said that perhaps Primorac Off- and Roundell might be a good starting place for you. But it is hard to say. Like, if your BH is REALLY good and your FH just is not....then you may need different rubbers for FH and BH. But, I would also say, if this is the case, and you want to improve, it is time to start working on your FH regardless of what level you are.

But, that being said, you letting us know that you DO ALMOST EVERYTHING with your BH does not tell us what the quality of shots from either side are. So, I would say, be patient and find a way to make some footage to post. Until then, don't listen too seriously to anyone telling you that you should use a specific blade or specific rubbers. Nobody can tell without seeing you play.

Again i agree with you. Like i said my FH is not good and i rarely use it, but just recently i started to practice it more and more and now i could hit pretty decent FH topspin shots when i play it and will practice even more to improve it.
As soon as i have some footage i will post it here, again thank you so much for your advice.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Again i agree with you. Like i said my FH is not good and i rarely use it, but just recently i started to practice it more and more and now i could hit pretty decent FH topspin shots when i play it and will practice even more to improve it.
As soon as i have some footage i will post it here, again thank you so much for your advice.

A way to practice FH when you don't have a practice partner to help you work on it:

Two bounces helps you time it right rather than one bounce. You can also notice, I am in the BH corner to the side of the table so that I can hit the ball while it is over the table. Also, you will notice I am trying to make it so the ball is not bouncing very high and it is close to net height when I contact it so I have to arc the ball over the net with topspin. This can help your FH improve.

Reactions: AndyK
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'd also say..... Be wary of taking advice from anyone online, without seeing THEM play.....

I've seen very few people on here post any sort of video of themselves playing.

Table Tennis is definitely a sport where you can't really offer advice unless you have the experience and ability to do so.
This is an excellent point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
A way to practice FH when you don't have a practice partner to help you work on it:

Two bounces helps you time it right rather than one bounce. You can also notice, I am in the BH corner to the side of the table so that I can hit the ball while it is over the table. Also, you will notice I am trying to make it so the ball is not bouncing very high and it is close to net height when I contact it so I have to arc the ball over the net with topspin. This can help your FH improve.

Thank you so much for the video i will try and practice my FH next time i go to play. Also the thing that gets me and why i dont use FH is how unnatural feels to me, i cant explain it and because of that i was not using my FH. But i guess with time and enough practice i can change that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Thank you so much for the video i will try and practice my FH next time i go to play. Also the thing that gets me and why i dont use FH is how unnatural feels to me, i cant explain it and because of that i was not using my FH. But i guess with time and enough practice i can change that.

I think, from a technical standpoint, FH is much more complicated than BH. There are also a lot more moving parts in FH than BH. And you have to track and intercept the ball differently (with BH, you intercept the ball directly in front of you so it is easier to gauge where it is, with FH the ball is forward and lateral to you, so intercepting the ball is much more complicated).

However, this also may have to do with how you hold your racket. If we see video footage, we will be able to see if you are holding the racket with an extreme BH grip that makes it very hard to use your FH. Often, players who are at a certain level do this and can't sort out why FH is hard for them. If you have an extreme BH grip, the racket will be facing the wrong way when you do a FH. This is the kind of thing we would be able to see with the footage.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
==

Can you post footage of yourself hitting a few FH shots and a few BH shots. The video does not need to be more than 25 seconds long. Just a few shots for us to see how you play.
==

Most of the people who are offering specific information on what you should get.....they may be giving okay advice.....or they may be woefully wrong about what you need.
==

It is a percentage bet that the Viscaria is not right for you. It is a percentage bet that the Primorac Off- would be "BETTER" for you. But we really can't tell what would be good for you without seeing.
==

And based on the racket you said you were using, I HIGHLY DOUBT that Rozena would be a good choice of rubbers if you were using a the racket you said and you bought it used.
==

But....AGAIN.....nobody can tell what might be useful to you without seeing you play.
==

I need a new pair of shoes. Can you tell me what size shoes I should get? :) The issue really is not that different. Would you trust someone telling you what size shoes you should wear without them ever seeing your feet or using something to measure your shoe size?
Don't look at me coz'

R%20png.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It was a good idea to send the photos by PM. As I suspected from something you said, the grip you show on BH is an EXTREME, EXTREME BH GRIP where the grip is so extreme that there is no possible way to hit a FH. The grip you show for FH is a normal extreme BH grip. But there is no possible way you could switch from the grip you are showing for BH to the one you are showing for FH while playing. your grip should be more like this:

IMG%200539%20JPG.jpeg

IMG%200540%20JPG.jpeg

And then you would turn your wrist down to create the angle you are creating by having your racket so far down your index finger:

IMG%200541%20JPG.jpeg

IMG%200542%20JPG.jpeg

So, IT SHOULD NOT BE LIKE THAT LAST PHOTO. But you should create that same angle by how you turn your wrist and forearm like in the photo before it.

This is why you can't use your FH and this is something coming with EXTREME BEGINNERS. But if you want to improve, you need to learn to change that. You cannot become a remotely decent level player with that grip.

YZCsPwC