Custom racket - Advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hello, i am new here but i have great passion for table tennis. Now i want to make my own custom racket but i am not sure which blade or rubbers to use. Other problem is that in my country there is not many shops who sell stuff like this, but i have looked a little bit an found this. My plazying style is most identical to Kreangas, because i mostly use backhand for attacking and deffensive. So for my custom racket i was thinking something like this:Blade: Butterfly ViscariaFH rubber: Tenergy 05BH rubber: Tenergy 05 FXSo what do you think guys?

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hello, i am new here but i have great passion for table tennis. Now i want to make my own custom racket but i am not sure which blade or rubbers to use. Other problem is that in my country there is not many shops who sell stuff like this, but i have looked a little bit an found this. My plazying style is most identical to Kreangas, because i mostly use backhand for attacking and deffensive. So for my custom racket i was thinking something like this:Blade: Butterfly ViscariaFH rubber: Tenergy 05BH rubber: Tenergy 05 FXSo what do you think guys?

It very much depends on your level....

A complete wild guess would be that the Viscaria and Tenergy 05 would be a terrible mistake for you........

Unless you are a very very good player (and you'll know if you are), it would be too quick.

Do you have any video of you playing?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

If this is your first custom racket it might be way too bouncy for you.

In the long run Viscaria will give you room for development. Perhaps start with Viscaria and slower rubbers such as FH Donic Baracuda and BH Tibhar Nimus?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

You said it very nice , i am still not that good. I guess you could say i am somewhere Beginner - intermediate level. But i was hoping i could get better with that blade and rubbers. Closest thing to my game play and style is like i said Kreangas backhand play, like you see in this video

[h1]"Tenergy 05 FX Rubber Review | With Kalinikos Kreanga"[/h1]

(especially on 2:10 ). Sorry i dont have videos of me playing. I wanted on purpose to have faster rubber and more speed, because i like to use BH flicks from mid/close range

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
If this is your first custom racket it might be way too bouncy for you.

In the long run Viscaria will give you room for development. Perhaps start with Viscaria and slower rubbers such as FH Donic Baracuda and BH Tibhar Nimus?

It will be my first custon racket. You are right i guess, but i mentioned Viscaria because that is currently available for me to buy, its hard to get things like this in my country (Bosnia). But Viscaria and those rubbers i mentioned (Tenergys) i could get. So not much choice for me aside Tenergys.

This user has no status.

It will be my first custon racket. You are right i guess, but i mentioned Viscaria because that is currently available for me to buy, its hard to get things like this in my country (Bosnia). But Viscaria and those rubbers i mentioned (Tenergys) i could get. So not much choice for me aside Tenergys.

I don't know if you can buy reliably from AliExpress, but I would suggest this combination:
Yinhe U-2 (7 ply all-wood blade, a touch faster than TSP/Victas SWAT)
Friendship Presto Max Spin - both sides (You will be surprised, how this under $30 rubber performs - it is a rubber with serious potentials for dynamic play, still controllable in the low gears - I'd say, that I am almost preferring this over Nittaku Fastarc C-1)

I have this exact combination, and I love it.

NDH

says Spin to win!

You said it very nice , i am still not that good. I guess you could say i am somewhere Beginner - intermediate level. But i was hoping i could get better with that blade and rubbers. Closest thing to my game play and style is like i said Kreangas backhand play, like you see in this video

[h1]"Tenergy 05 FX Rubber Review | With Kalinikos Kreanga"[/h1]

(especially on 2:10 ). Sorry i dont have videos of me playing. I wanted on purpose to have faster rubber and more speed, because i like to use BH flicks from mid/close range

If you are a beginner/intermediate, and you want to seriously improve, you can't buy the Viscaria and Tenergy. It won't help you at all, and you'll be really disappointed.

If you simply want to have some fun, and don't care about winning, losing or improving, then sure, the Viscaria and Tenergy will be really fun to play with.

There are lots of recommendations for blades and rubbers on this forum - I'd spend a little time reading the other threads.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I don't know if you can buy reliably from AliExpress, but I would suggest this combination:
Yinhe U-2 (7 ply all-wood blade, a touch faster than TSP/Victas SWAT)
Friendship Presto Max Spin - both sides (You will be surprised, how this under $30 rubber performs - it is a rubber with serious potentials for dynamic play, still controllable in the low gears - I'd say, that I am almost preferring this over Nittaku Fastarc C-1)

I have this exact combination, and I love it.

That is one of the main problems i have , i dont have much options when it comes to rubbers and blades. What i can get easly is Tenergy rubbers and Blade Viscaria, others i have not seen that they sell in my country, at least not on our biggest website for trading. (olx.ba)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

If you are a beginner/intermediate, and you want to seriously improve, you can't buy the Viscaria and Tenergy. It won't help you at all, and you'll be really disappointed.

If you simply want to have some fun, and don't care about winning, losing or improving, then sure, the Viscaria and Tenergy will be really fun to play with.

There are lots of recommendations for blades and rubbers on this forum - I'd spend a little time reading the other threads.

I would love to improve as much as i can with best equipment i can get for my level. But like i said , we dont have much choice for equipment. Is it possible to improve your game if you are on my level and buy that blade and rubber? Would i get better with it if i give it more time maybe?

NDH

says Spin to win!

I would love to improve as much as i can with best equipment i can get for my level. But like i said , we dont have much choice for equipment. Is it possible to improve your game if you are on my level and buy that blade and rubber? Would i get better with it if i give it more time maybe?

You'll get better if you play more and practice well - But unless you are having coaching, you'll probably find that your style will have to adapt to the fact your ability isn't good enough for the blade/rubber.

I guess it's like a self learnt Golfer - They might do OK in the end, but their style will mean they can never hit 300 yard drives or play consistenly around the greens.

But, if you really want it, get it. If you find it's too fast, you can save it for when you improve :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

You'll get better if you play more and practice well - But unless you are having coaching, you'll probably find that your style will have to adapt to the fact your ability isn't good enough for the blade/rubber.

I guess it's like a self learnt Golfer - They might do OK in the end, but their style will mean they can never hit 300 yard drives or play consistenly around the greens.

But, if you really want it, get it. If you find it's too fast, you can save it for when you improve :)

Thank you for your advice. I will think about it some more time, dont want to rush things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Hi,

Try tabletennis11.com. a european webshop based in Latvia. They sell everything you can think of and have great customerservice

Thanks , i will check them out. Just hope that they ship to Bosnia, since almost always they exclude my country for shipping.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Based on how you have described the way you play, it would be a big mistake to get the Viscaria and Tenergy.

What kind of racket are you currently using? How old are the rubbers on that racket?

If you have access to Butterfly equipment where you are, maybe something like a Primrac Off- with Roundell rubbers would be a good place to start as a racket. With the racket you are thinking of (Viscaria/Tenergy) you may end up having the ball flying all over the place without knowing why it is going where it is going.

Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Based on how you have described the way you play, it would be a big mistake to get the Viscaria and Tenergy.

What kind of racket are you currently using? How old are the rubbers on that racket?

If you have access to Butterfly equipment where you are, maybe something like a Primrac Off- with Roundell rubbers would be a good place to start as a racket. With the racket you are thinking of (Viscaria/Tenergy) you may end up having the ball flying all over the place without knowing why it is going where it is going.

Right now i am using premade Stiga Pro play 5 star racket, dont know how old they are , i bought it used. But it is in excellent shape. Someone recommended to me this website tabletennis11.com, they have much more blades and rubbers you can choose of. Could you give it a look and maybe recommend some blade or rubbers from there?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
I agree with NDH / Carl, try not to get pulled into buying a set up with top end carbon blades and rubbers, Once you reach a higher level of ability you can then start to upgrade equipment. A gradual upgrade over time will be more beneficial over the long term.
An all wood blade, ALL/ALL+/OFF- rating is a good starting point, there are lots to choose from, but a Primorac is a great choice. This blade or a similar alternative would serve you well for a number of years with the right rubbers and upgrade strategy.
So for example - Roundell to Rozena to Tenergy/Diginics, the blade can then be upgraded.

This user has no status.
Hi,
I agree with NDH / Carl, try not to get pulled into buying a set up with top end carbon blades and rubbers, Once you reach a higher level of ability you can then start to upgrade equipment. A gradual upgrade over time will be more beneficial over the long term.
An all wood blade, ALL/ALL+/OFF- rating is a good starting point, there are lots to choose from, but a Primorac is a great choice. This blade or a similar alternative would serve you well for a number of years with the right rubbers and upgrade strategy.
So for example - Roundell to Rozena to Tenergy/Diginics, the blade can then be upgraded.

Great point. Also, make sure it’s a PRIMORAC and not a PRIMORAC Carbon. Else you will have a bad surprise. :D