Game Log

This user has no status.
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people can post descriptions or videos of their matches, formal or recreational!
I believe it’s good to note down our problems and make conclusions, or even just share our matches, have others look at them, and make some suggestions of their own. Let’s improve together!

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How to ‘level up’??
This season I’m playing in higher level leagues against better quality opponents,
I’ve just started discussing things with the coaches I train and coach with. So this thread ties in nicely!!!

The first responses from them have been on analysing playing style, set pieces, general match planning / sticking to that plan (where possible), mental attitude, identifying which aspects of my game play need improving and implementing some training on the issues found etc

The majority of matches this season I have lost!! But for 90% of these I don’t feel I’ve been blasted off the table. It’s more a case of maybe trying to hard, thinking I have to play at the limits of my ability in order to beat these players and therefore sort of hitting the ‘self destruct’ button and making too many errors, rather than playing ‘within’ myself and toning things back slightly.