Back to Forum
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 533
  1. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #341
    Dispatch the GOON SQUAD !!! Go full strong.

    One would have to be an idiot to say Tony isn't reasonable.

    The Following 3 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    Tony's Table Tennis and 1 other

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  2. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,682 9,280
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,280 13,682

    User Info Menu

    #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

    Get off the forum and spend quality time together with the wife and little one.
    next week Monday, when the baby turns 1 week old, you guys can start tt training 😁

    Haha. From personal experience, his TT level is toast.

    The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

    Tony's Table Tennis

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  3. CLV is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 128
    C
    CLV is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 128 24
    #343
    https://youtu.be/OE6Qg1_nJ6w

    https://youtu.be/uaNZDwYNLoM

    https://youtu.be/kghQeILqOvU

    https://youtu.be/Pk2Rz0gnxUc


    Some footage of me playing vs my dad. I´m playing ABS pro on matador texa carbon. Rakza Z FH. My dad playing a Gergely with Killer pips BH and G1.

    I´m the guy in blue. All tips and tricks are welcome! I´ve been seriously practicing anti for about a month. So go easy on me.

    Cheers
    Pieter

    The Following 2 Users Like CLV's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi and UpSideDownCarl

    Last edited by CLV; 06-07-2022 at 05:26 PM.

  4. Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,509 1,801
    L
    Lula is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,801 1,509

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2016
    Sweden
    1,801
    1,509
    4440
    Read 0 Reviews
    #344
    Quote Originally Posted by CLV
    https://youtu.be/OE6Qg1_nJ6w

    https://youtu.be/uaNZDwYNLoM

    https://youtu.be/kghQeILqOvU

    https://youtu.be/Pk2Rz0gnxUc


    Some footage of me playing vs my dad. I´m playing ABS pro on matador texa carbon. Rakza Z FH. My dad playing a Gergely with Killer pips BH and G1.

    I´m the guy in blue. All tips and tricks are welcome! I´ve been seriously practicing anti for about a month. So go easy on me.

    Cheers
    Pieter

    Hello and welcome to the forum!

    It is nice that you practice with your old man!

    I only saw the first video. My tips:
    - i do not know so much about anti but i think it is important to take the ball early. I also think you could try to make the ball short sometime(but maybe this depends on the anti?). I also think some twiddling could work well, but maybe the next step. Try watching luka mladenovic and Sushmit Sriram and other good players with anti.
    - Try to move the feet more! You seem to have a good forehand. Very important for players that block with long pimpe or anti to be able to go around and attack so the opponent is afraid of something.
    - It seem to work well to smash when the ball is high but i think you could try to get some more spin in the loop. Seems a bit flat sometimes and that is unsafe.

    How come you changed to anti?

    Keep up the good work.

    The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  5. Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,790 3,461
    Takkyu_wa_inochi's Avatar
    Takkyu_wa_inochi is offline
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,461 3,790
    #345
    Quote Originally Posted by CLV
    https://youtu.be/OE6Qg1_nJ6w

    https://youtu.be/uaNZDwYNLoM

    https://youtu.be/kghQeILqOvU

    https://youtu.be/Pk2Rz0gnxUc


    Some footage of me playing vs my dad. I´m playing ABS pro on matador texa carbon. Rakza Z FH. My dad playing a Gergely with Killer pips BH and G1.

    I´m the guy in blue. All tips and tricks are welcome! I´ve been seriously practicing anti for about a month. So go easy on me.

    Cheers
    Pieter

    nice to be able to enjoy playing with your dad !
    im no anti expert , but overall your game is quite solid, and the change of pace between the 2 sides can be quite confusing for many opponents.
    I think to go to the next level, you have to move a bit quicker and be more agressive with your FH, and SOMETIMES be more agressive with the anti


  6. CLV is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 24 128
    C
    CLV is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 128 24
    #346
    Thanks for the input so far. My dad used to play national level 30 years ago in speedglue era. He started playing again last year because off my enthousiasm. He obvisouly has a fitness problem. But apart from that he´s a very good training partner. We can do exercices together, we have patience and are willing to tell the other what he could try to play better.

    I started playing anti coz u think it´s cool and nobody around is playing it. Saw some Mladenovic, came across Andrea Aschii and fell in love with the playing style.

    I´m still working on the twiddling. It´s difficult to get into match play. In practice it´s fine, but I tend to have bad shot selection in matches. The times i can do it, it´s confusing because they get a fast passed ball.

    Also still working on being fast on the ball after the bounce and switching long and short play with the anti. For now i´m just happy getting it on the table

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

    The Following User Likes CLV's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  7. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,876 4,277
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,277 2,876

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,277
    2,876
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #347
    Quote Originally Posted by CLV
    Thanks for the input so far. My dad used to play national level 30 years ago in speedglue era. He started playing again last year because off my enthousiasm. He obvisouly has a fitness problem. But apart from that he´s a very good training partner. We can do exercices together, we have patience and are willing to tell the other what he could try to play better.

    I started playing anti coz u think it´s cool and nobody around is playing it. Saw some Mladenovic, came across Andrea Aschii and fell in love with the playing style.

    I´m still working on the twiddling. It´s difficult to get into match play. In practice it´s fine, but I tend to have bad shot selection in matches. The times i can do it, it´s confusing because they get a fast passed ball.

    Also still working on being fast on the ball after the bounce and switching long and short play with the anti. For now i´m just happy getting it on the table

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

    Nice you can have fun with your dad.
    I hardly see father - (adult) son. Mostly see is a young son, with a young father.
    There was a tournament which was a parent-child doubles tournament and mostly all pairs was young kids/young parents.

    and another rare part in your video is that Adidas table, I haven't seen one for over a decade.

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi

    TTT

  8. DragonOwen is offline
    says Electric Unicycles is The BEST!
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    DragonOwen's Avatar
    DragonOwen is offline
    says Electric Unicycles is The BEST!
     
    TTD Member 92 84
    #348
    Recently (from 4 May) started to playing MasterLeague tournaments... now 80-90% of table tennis in my life is this tournaments, I like them very much, regularly post videos of my matches in this tournaments at my YouTube channel: TheDragonOwen

    Here a few matches from my YouTube Channel (I'm the guy with the beard and a headband):

    - match for the 3rd place on June 5:

    - semifinal of the tournament on May 25:
    - one of group mathes from the tournament on May 22 (ultra tiresome match for me... my opponent is a defender, but playing with inverted rubbers on both sides, he gives very heavy backspin (for my level), I can't topspin on it at all, so had to wait, wait, wait, playing with ultra concentration to the end.....):
    - one of the group matches from the tournament on May 20 (very thrilling match for me...):
    - final of the tournament on May 11, opponent have pimples on both sides (probably short on FH, long BH, but I'm not sure...):
    - one of the group matches from the tournament on May 9, opponent is classic defender with long pimples on BH:
    P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

    The Following User Likes DragonOwen's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl

    Last edited by DragonOwen; 06-09-2022 at 08:42 AM.

  9. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #349
    Hi Dragon,

    You are a way higher level than the typical person who posts vids on this thread.

    You have a plan of how you play and stick to it - you have enough tools to win in your division or go very far.

    You play quite upright, there may be reasons for it... myself, I do that when tired and heavy or hurt knee. You make some errors or give opponent easier change when you underspin return the ball, but impact nowhere near the bounce... that gives a lot of time and space to opponent. You know when you have to play which kind of attack and are ready to do it when you get your ball.

    The few things I said, you are at a level to know this already and may have your own reasons for playing like that.

    Your English is NOT crap, functioning in a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language is not easy and people must go through failure.. a LOT. Usually people who can function in other languages are very humble... because it is a humbling process to overcome failure in front of people.

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    DragonOwen and Takkyu_wa_inochi

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  10. DragonOwen is offline
    says Electric Unicycles is The BEST!
     
    TTD Member 84 92
    DragonOwen's Avatar
    DragonOwen is offline
    says Electric Unicycles is The BEST!
     
    TTD Member 92 84
    #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Hi Dragon,

    You are a way higher level than the typical person who posts vids on this thread.

    You have a plan of how you play and stick to it - you have enough tools to win in your division or go very far.

    You play quite upright, there may be reasons for it... myself, I do that when tired and heavy or hurt knee. You make some errors or give opponent easier change when you underspin return the ball, but impact nowhere near the bounce... that gives a lot of time and space to opponent. You know when you have to play which kind of attack and are ready to do it when you get your ball.

    The few things I said, you are at a level to know this already and may have your own reasons for playing like that.

    Your English is NOT crap, functioning in a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language is not easy and people must go through failure.. a LOT. Usually people who can function in other languages are very humble... because it is a humbling process to overcome failure in front of people.
    Thanks for the advice... Yes, I know my main mistakes and there is no logical reason for them, it's just the way I play, triyng to work on them, but in match it's mostly reflexes, so I'm mostly playing upright, and it's bad, if I play in a lower stance I'm much more stable with my topspin... My level is not very high, I'm surviving in the very bottom of my League (I play in С League, there is a D League bellow, and B, A and Superleague above), MastersLeague have rating, mainly players in С League have rating from 450 to 600, my rating is 465 for a moment (I mostly don't play with players with 500+ rating, managers of tournamets trying to choose members of each tournament to them be on the same level (every tournament is only for a 3-4 players)), I have about 30 wins and 45 loses, so, really tough situation for me, but trying to hold on, I don't want to play in D League...

    The Following User Likes DragonOwen's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  11. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #351
    Everything in TT in relation to levels is highly relative. There are so many levels. Rank percentile 30% will destroy percentile 15% and rank percentile 50% will destroy both... and none of them particularly high in relation to the top 25%. That is a reality of TT... but it is a joy in that even as an adult, even starting late, one can advance many levels with the hope and expectation of improving, even well past prime age.

    The Following 5 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    cytivrat, latej and 3 others

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  12. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 518 803
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 803 518
    #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    Thanks NL,

    This BH is entirely from my coach as prior to this I have no BH or at least BH that is capable of generating spin.

    BTW, I will be playing in a little inter-club competition in two weeks' time. I hope to upload some footage here for your constructive criticism. Watch this space.

    As mentioned previously, below are some of my inter-club competition ( friendlies ) YT videos. Please be gentle with me.

    Video 1: I won 11-9, 11-9. I only played best of three sets because many players signed up and hence the Captains of both clubs decided to reduce the number of sets played per game in the interest of time. The actual match starts at 1min 05secs. NB: I am wearing a blue T-shirt.


    Video 2: Mixed Doubles match. My opponent ( lady wearing black ) represented my country for TT in Tokyo Olympics ( 1964 ). Enjoy.


    Video 3: Men's Doubles Match. Unfortunately my partner and I lost 13-15 & 9-11 in this match.
    Last edited by Gozo; 06-12-2022 at 04:03 PM.

  13. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #353
    Gozo,

    In your first vid vs the old dude with J-Pen... at 3:05... you go to your FH corner, position yourself almost a meter behind the table, and do a long BH serve.

    Can you articulate what you were thinking? Can you describe what tactical advantage you were going to gain from serving that way?

    I always get people I help to understand the purpose of a serve... which is for the server to gain an IMMEDIATE OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE.

    Maybe in your journey of training and improvement, you are not quite ready to make your serves work with your attacks or positional control to get an advantage. This should be a key developmental thing in your training as you train and improve.

    Even if you do not have a reliable FH topspin vs underspin... you could always serve heavy under, get an underspin, return that dead to his middle, then look to use a FH hit. My point here being is that you should always have a plan when serving. You should know what you want to do... but also be ready to deal with it when the point doesn't go to plan.

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    pingpongpaddy and Tipiak

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  14. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 518 803
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 803 518
    #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Gozo,

    In your first vid vs the old dude with J-Pen... at 3:05... you go to your FH corner, position yourself almost a meter behind the table, and do a long BH serve.

    Can you articulate what you were thinking? Can you describe what tactical advantage you were going to gain from serving that way?


    I always get people I help to understand the purpose of a serve... which is for the server to gain an IMMEDIATE OFFENSIVE ADVANTAGE.

    Maybe in your journey of training and improvement, you are not quite ready to make your serves work with your attacks or positional control to get an advantage. This should be a key developmental thing in your training as you train and improve.

    Even if you do not have a reliable FH topspin vs underspin... you could always serve heavy under, get an underspin, return that dead to his middle, then look to use a FH hit. My point here being is that you should always have a plan when serving. You should know what you want to do... but also be ready to deal with it when the point doesn't go to plan.
    Thank you Der for some general pointers.

    To answer your question ( I bolded it for clarity ).

    However, before I answer it, I wish to give other reader some background narrative. I have just graduated from my coaching lessons from the preset FH & BH stroke drive and only was just introduced to random drills ( 3rd lessons so far for random drills ). My FH & BH ( stroking ) just passed the bare minimum working limit. If it is a test, I got a D ( barely passed ). So that gives you a sense of context. In some earlier thread I asked for some tips and I recalled a responder suggested I push / serve long to force my opponent to give me long or out of table return so that I can initiate my open up. I did mentioned in that thread my favoured open up is loop against long underspin ball.

    Now, to answer your question, Der, I used the above concept, that is, to serve long to his BH side or FH side from various position ( I was thinking to add variety of serving position to mix it up for some deception ) and then wait for his long pushes to open up, either from my FH or BH. This was what I was thinking about. In that same serve, did you notice that my opponent return the ball high to my FH side which I then tried to smash the ball but made an unforced error. To my limited knowledge it seem to work. In 06mins 05secs I used this tactic again and was able to win the point. Have a look.

    I'll be playing against another club this Sat. If you have some good tips please share and perhaps I can incorporate into my play-book.

    BTW, I played single against the player in black from the 3rd video ( video not available ) and lost terribly at 4-11 & 4-11. He truly out-classed me as he was able to loop close to table against my pushes. I knew he could attack long balls, and tried to give him short balls but even that he could attack those short balls. I was truly out-classed. But good experience nonetheless.

    The Following User Likes Gozo's Post:

    Lycanthrope

    Last edited by Gozo; 06-13-2022 at 02:18 AM.

  15. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #355

    I'll be playing against another club this Sat. If you have some good tips please share and perhaps I can incorporate into my play-book.

    Unless I know these players and enough of you, there is very little I could say that would channel you towards tactical advantages to exploit immediately.

    However, watching your first match, I see a good deal of what you do and do not do well. Anything I say would be centered upon AVOIDING giving away points for free... which comes down to shot selection and your basic plan(s). Look at your vids and see where you lost points... HOW you lost them, what decision caused it, WHAT you did wrong on the shot execution and why, whether it was a high or low percentage play given your abilities, what you were expecting out of the point, etc. These are some of the big considerations that will form your tactics.

    Of course, with a developing player (you) (me too in some aspects) it is damn impossible in a competitive match vs equal or even lesser players to perform things you do in practice 70% plus to make those even 50% in a real match. That is how it is. You end up pissing away more points being aggressive in that stage than you make... but for strategic development, it is important to stay aggressive within your abilities and go for shots you should go for... that is how you gain experience and improvement in consistency. so, there isn't a right or wrong answer in how conservative or aggressive one should play, it will depend on how much risk you want, how much you are willing to lose to gain experience to improve,, how committed you are...

    Having said that, I would say to you to reduce unforced errors that originate out of poor decisions or decisions too late. See what is happening and decide what you want to do before the ball gets to the net (really earlier). If you choose not to attack, at least you can get to the ball near the bounce and have advantages in your underspin return (angles, easier control of incoming spin, easier spin generation, easier short or deep placement, and most of all, you rob time from opponent) (vs an equal or lesser opponent, this will over time give you more points from opponents errors as he or she now is trying to do higher risk things with less time and their consistency is not there under pressure.)

    So I can say one thing that could help you right away... decide early if you will or will not attack, like right when opponent impacts ball or soon after... if you do not attack, step in to table if ball is not near endline, keep a LOOSE GRIP, and impact ball soon after the bounce... like within a few cm of the bounce. You will get more balls on the table, you will take away time from opponent, you stay in the point, you can see another chance early and take it. That adds up after a while, even for a player who does not have a dominating topspin from every ball.

    Even at my level, a lot of matches are decided on opponents' poor decisions/executions, that includes underspin return decisions... and if those decisions are late, then underspin return quality is LOW and other player will win the point 90% of time.

    I could extend the LOOSE GRIP advice at impact to offensive shots too... early on in a player's development, that adds to consistency (takes away power, but increases landing percentage)
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  16. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #356
    I play a LOT of doubles and a few of the largest things that really boil my blood from my partners are poor decisions, late/hesitant decisions, excess risk.

    How does that look in real life?

    - Trying to slap hit a ball (high power shot very little spin) that is falling down and is well below the net. ZERO chance of that shot landing
    - Wanting to attack, but bailing out too late, then impact the ball defensively a full meter plus after it bounced. That gives opponent 2 meters of extra time and space... usually that ball is poor quality and we lose point right there.
    - Trying to strongly attack a ball when out of position, balance and strike zone. A sure recipe to piss away a point
    - Serving long 70% of serves to a good player who can and will attack long serves
    - Trying to repeatedly flip serves when receiver does not have a god attack... and those flips land 10-20 percent.

    Players can look at themselves and apply a similar analysis to themselves and try to reduce risk. it doesn't work out right away near 100%, but it is an important process to evaluate and adjust. So Goz, the thing(s) I would say to you for you next match(s) would really be things you would need to say to yourself after looking at your match footage.
    -

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    Gozo

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  17. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #357

    and then wait for his long pushes to open up, either from my FH or BH. This was what I was thinking about

    When you serve on FH corner one full meter back, you have only the chance of using your BH... and you are in an awkward position to use it there on most balls. This is lower percentage for you before you strike the ball.

    If you want to use your BH for 3rd ball, try this out.

    If you have a good enough BH hit or BH topspin, it would make more sense for you to serve from the center line or a little past it and stay close to the table. You can actually cover ALL the table with your BH from there. if the ball comes to FH corner and you want to attack BH... then all you need to do is take a big one step with right foot past FH corner, plant foot and hit. You have position and leverage, it is NOT a terrible decision to use a BH there (even though ball is squarely in the Fh zone), because you stepped one step quickly into position in time and can hit in rhythm and motion easily. You see a lot of advanced players use this step to BH flip serves from FH corner... beginning players can use the same principle too - see the action, take a step, get there in time, and execute the shot.

    You STILL have the option to use a pivot FH to deal with that ball that comes to FH zone... you simply need to keep knees bent (a tiny bend at opponent's impact) and see the action. Your decision and step will be near immediate and good.

    If you are still dead set on serving BH from FH corner (because you want that angle on serve and feel it will benefit you), consider doing the serve real close to table, and after the serve, take a baby hop step towards the center line. That small hop will help you do that tiny knee bend on opponent's impact.. which is a small detail many players developing and seasoned still do not do... and that leads to lost points.

    The Following 2 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

    Gozo and Richie

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  18. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 518 803
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 803 518
    #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    When you serve on FH corner one full meter back, you have only the chance of using your BH... and you are in an awkward position to use it there on most balls. This is lower percentage for you before you strike the ball.

    If you want to use your BH for 3rd ball, try this out.

    If you have a good enough BH hit or BH topspin, it would make more sense for you to serve from the center line or a little past it and stay close to the table. You can actually cover ALL the table with your BH from there. if the ball comes to FH corner and you want to attack BH... then all you need to do is take a big one step with right foot past FH corner, plant foot and hit. You have position and leverage, it is NOT a terrible decision to use a BH there (even though ball is squarely in the Fh zone), because you stepped one step quickly into position in time and can hit in rhythm and motion easily. You see a lot of advanced players use this step to BH flip serves from FH corner... beginning players can use the same principle too - see the action, take a step, get there in time, and execute the shot.

    You STILL have the option to use a pivot FH to deal with that ball that comes to FH zone... you simply need to keep knees bent (a tiny bend at opponent's impact) and see the action. Your decision and step will be near immediate and good.

    If you are still dead set on serving BH from FH corner (because you want that angle on serve and feel it will benefit you), consider doing the serve real close to table, and after the serve, take a baby hop step towards the center line. That small hop will help you do that tiny knee bend on opponent's impact.. which is a small detail many players developing and seasoned still do not do... and that leads to lost points.
    Love your advise Der. Will try to incorporate these new tactics into my play-book for future use, and by that I mean my coming Saturday match.

    If there are others who wish to give me advices which is specific to me and not for general audience, may I invite you to private message me as not to crowd this thread. Appreciate it, thank you.
    Last edited by Gozo; 06-13-2022 at 08:30 AM.

  19. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,646 11,448
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,448 11,646

    User Info Menu

    #359
    PMs are great, but it isn't crowding, there are MANY people who post or lurk who may gain from seeing some other great posters discuss things openly.
    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  20. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,876 4,277
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,277 2,876

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,277
    2,876
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    PMs are great, but it isn't crowding, there are MANY people who post or lurk who may gain from seeing some other great posters discuss things openly.

    Maybe Gozo is worried his opponent is reading, and now ready for Gozo 😁😁😁

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Gozo

    TTT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.