Video Footage Safe Thread

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This thread is for forum members to post footage of yourself. This is different than a regular thread. I will moderate this thread heavily. Anyone can post footage. But the only people who can comment on the footage are people who have been specifically selected because they are players who are able to give useful commentary.

These are the players who can give commentary on video footage:

1) Baal
2) Der_Echte
3) NDH
4) Richie
5) Lula
6) NextLevel
7) Brs
8) Takkyu_wa_inochi
9) Tinykin
10) pingpongpaddy
11) Tony's Table Tennis
12) Victor Moraga
13) cytivrat
14) ander999

Anyone can post footage. However, if anyone not on the list above tries to post commentary on footage, that commentary will be deleted. If someone presents commentary to me via PM for posting, and I deem it okay to post, I may make exceptions to this every so often. I also am reserving the right to edit the list and add if I decide someone is capable of making good, insightful commentary.

Hopefully, this will make it so people feel comfortable posting footage of themselves for people on the forum to see and get to know each other without feeling like the commentary that happens after posting footage is uncalled for. Also, if you wanted to post footage but would prefer nobody comments on the footage you present, you can ask that. I will help make that happen as well.

Again, comments from people who are not on the list above will get deleted.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If people just make stupid comments I could delete them. However, comments that are not about people's footage but seem useful, I can choose to leave that as well.

i only made my stupid comment to protest against dictatorial elitism. of course i CAN see the value in your action.

There is something else i would like to mention: I do not actually think that our friends are reluctant to post videos of their play because they might be scared of the critisism, be it negative , positive or both , I think they will be reluctant to post a video because they might be embarrassed about the quality of their game or the lack of it.

Would there be a way for people having their videos looked at by the above mentioned elite players without having to
show it to us ordinary folks ?
I think this might be a very welcome option.

Personally I will not have need for the service here provided, I already know that i suck at TT and I am "content" 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: MK73
says Rozena! You complete me.
https://youtu.be/6QdvTQ6xhxYThis is footage of my actual playing level. Definitely not messing around or holding back. :)

You surprised me Birdman,I had always presume you to be a white dude whats with the 190cm height and good written English and all. Didn't think you could be a native.

Thought that you could have been a an exchange student or expat working in Beijing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

i only made my stupid comment to protest against dictatorial elitism. of course i CAN see the value in your action.

There is something else i would like to mention: I do not actually think that our friends are reluctant to post videos of their play because they might be scared of the critisism, be it negative , positive or both , I think they will be reluctant to post a video because they might be embarrassed about the quality of their game or the lack of it.

Would there be a way for people having their videos looked at by the above mentioned elite players without having to
show it to us ordinary folks ?
I think this might be a very welcome option.

Personally I will not have need for the service here provided, I already know that i suck at TT and I am "content" 😁

This is not about elitism. The members chosen as people who can make comments on TT play are people I know, FROM YEARS on the forum as people who will give useful, constructive feedback. They are all decent club level players. But, not necessarily super high level.

It is true that there may be people who don't want us to see how they play. I hope that a thread like this might make a few of those feel, they would still like to have people see them and get to know who they are. Who cares what your level of play is in real terms. I mean, TT is about having fun playing. And it is interesting how much you can learn about the game by seeing footage of yourself.

I think it is nice to see PingBirdPong goofing around and having fun and I want to thank him for being the first person to post footage in this thread.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.

So, with the blue shirt, right? Where is this table that you and your friend are playing on?

It’s in a Forrest Gump themed restaurant in Universal Studios Beijing. We were scared of gettin a ball in someone’s food.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I may as well post some footage. All the footage I have is old. But, here:

At night with a friend:
Warming up with OldSchoolPenhold at the outset of a Goon Squad adventure where Der_Echte almost killed us in his car 3 or 4 times on the way to the club: 42andBackPains is the camera man:
I was debating posting footage of Der_Echte vs PingPongHolic from another Goon Squad Escapade. But decided, Der can post footage of his current match play if he wants rather than me posting footage of him and PPH from 2016. :)

NDH

says Spin to win!
As it’s the season of giving…. I’ll re share my own footage.

One of the things I’d like to stress (to everyone), is that it really doesn’t matter what standard you are, how you play or anything else.

If you are looking for advice, it’ll be 100 times better for you if you can post something!

There really aren’t any downsides, and you might as well take advantage of the free coaching/advice! Even if it’s something small that you might have not picked up on.

Also, don’t be put off by videos where it looks like people never make mistakes. Most of the time (like my videos), it’s just the highlights, and there is plenty of silly mistakes that look terrible
on camera!

Here’s a re-share of some practice match a few years ago.

I’m the gigantic human being in the red t shirt.

Merry Christmas everyone!

NDH

says Spin to win!
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Footage of Next Level and Der_Echte from many years ago. We are both likely a LOT better level right now.

Der_Echte is the dude who is glow in hte dark light skinned, the one talking a lot (insteady of playing), the one trying to make belly big enough to run Santa out of a job, etc.

Anyone doubting Next Level's level, he beet R. Dewitt, a very prominant 2200 level player on 3 hrs sleep just hours after this vid.

Here is the thread.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?8588-Der_Echte-in-NYC&p=120767&viewfull=1#post120767

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Footage of Next Level and Der_Echte from many years ago. We are both likely a LOT better level right now.

Der_Echte is the dude who is glow in hte dark light skinned, the one talking a lot (insteady of playing), the one trying to make belly big enough to run Santa out of a job, etc.

Anyone doubting Next Level's level, he beet R. Dewitt, a very prominant 2200 level player on 3 hrs sleep just hours after this vid.

Here is the thread.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?8588-Der_Echte-in-NYC&p=120767&viewfull=1#post120767

Some guy named USDCarl in the audience. And PingPongHolic and Smash_Fan join me right at the beginning. :) Fun times. Goon Squad Hijinks. This may have been the first time Der_Echte and NextLevel played a match.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews

I have a bunch of clips on my channel - some multiball practice, messing around clips and highlights, I have matches too but they're unlisted and most are older as I lately don't tend to record those. Here are some of my videos:

This video shows where I was at around when I started, though I didn't really start practicing until several years later. I played with a a premade bat with rubbers that had zero grip for about 2 years. Talk about bad habits I've had to get rid of and still have today :D