Video Footage Safe Thread

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
This thread is fun already. Christmas cheer to everyone who posted videos.

I put two match videos below. The gray shirt is me. The league one is from March 2019, the tournament is September 2021. In between I took a 15 month Covid break from TT, and also changed my FH rubber from fastarc G1 to unboosted hurricane 8. BH is the same moristo SP

Since this is also an advice thread I'll ask for some. Based on these two matches, did my game change much or at all over the last 2.5 years? And lately I train two hours a week with a coach. Do you see anything that jumps out as the most important thing I should try to improve?

WDCTT league match

BTTC tournament match

NDH

says Spin to win!

I put two match videos below. The gray shirt is me. The league one is from March 2019, the tournament is September 2021. In between I took a 15 month Covid break from TT, and also changed my FH rubber from fastarc G1 to unboosted hurricane 8. BH is the same moristo SP

Since this is also an advice thread I'll ask for some. Based on these two matches, did my game change much or at all over the last 2.5 years? And lately I train two hours a week with a coach. Do you see anything that jumps out as the most important thing I should try to improve?

WDCTT league match

BTTC tournament match

Great vids - Really thorough!

The biggest improvement are those shoes! I love the Mizuno Wave 8’s! Best shoes in the business 😂

In all seriousness, speaking of movement, your movement/anticipation is noticeably improved in the second video. You are getting in better positions, and earlier, resulting in better strokes being played.

The other noticeable improvement is your backhand - The flow in the second video is better, especially on the opening backhand loops - Really nice!

One improvement would be getting your legs/waist into the forehand loops a little more - At the moment, a lot of the power comes from your arm (and occasionally gets you off balance as you try and lift the backspin).

You are usually in a pretty good position anyway, so it would only be a minor adjustment to get a little more “coiled power” from your legs, through your waist, and then explode a little more forwards into the ball.

If it was a clock, you currently end up at 12 o clock on those forehand loops, and you’d get more power and spin if you used the leg/waist power, and ended up at 10/11 o clock, as you hit through the ball a little more.

But in all honesty, the fact you have a coach and can get that hands on training will be well worth it, and I certainly think you’ve improved a fair bit between those videos!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
The vids finally showed, and WOW!
I now fell very incompetent.
you all are too good!

Do not be disheartened friend. Remember they were once like you and I, some started the TT journey earlier, some later. However, we will all reach the same destination, that is six feet under someday 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
The vids finally showed, and WOW!
I now fell very incompetent.
you all are too good!

Don't worry about. You're starting your TT jouney at the right age, with a coach, and probably at one of the best places on earth to do so. Sky is the limit, so go for it. Who knows, maybe a few years down the line you'll be in one of those WTT videos!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thread edited. Takkyu_wa_inochi has been added to the list of TTD members who can comment on footage. Thanks guys. So far this thread seems to be fairly successful at its goal. It is nice to see footage of so many TTD members.

This user has no status.
Here is a video of me playing yesterday against the amateur champion of our grade. He plays very tricky and I have never caught on to a pattern. My leg is still not fully functional, and I can’t really move or use it to open up and hit big forehands. I wish I was as good as a lot of people here!
Can anyone give some advice on how to improve BH topspin and flick?Thanks!
link:

Last edited:
Mar 2021
Here is a video of me playing yesterday against the amateur champion of our grade. He plays very tricky and I have never caught on to a pattern. My leg is still not fully functional, and I can’t really move or use it to open up and hit big forehands. I wish I was as good as a lot of people here!

yadda yadda yadda... but where is the vid?

Action first, talk later!

• Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Me playing on the left side.

Sorry for the bad quality, but this video was sent to me via whatsapp and is the only video i could find which is not several years back.
I might upload more in the next year if clubs stay open and the season starts.

Opponent was playing with long pips on his backhand. I won this match and got first in the groupstages but lost in the quarterfinals 2:3.

If you see more errors beside my lack of fast movement^^ feel free to enlighten me.

Sidenote: In that tournament i was still using boosted Hurricane 3 neo (37°,2.1) on my bh. In this clip it is not really visible because i had enough time for full strokes, but this rubber didnt do me well because i am too slow to perform consistent strong strokes as those which are seen here. That forced many errors in the upcoming matches, where the opponents had much faster playing styles.

says Aging is a killer

WDCTT league match

BTTC tournament match

That BTTC match was very interesting. I skipped the middle portion and I could not believe the change from the first game. You were much looser, relaxed and it showed in your improved strokeplay.

Mar 2021

Sorry for the bad quality, but this video was sent to me via whatsapp and is the only video i could find which is not several years back.

Opponent was playing with long pips on his backhand. I won this match and got first in the groupstages but lost in the quarterfinals 2:3.

If you see more errors beside my lack of fast movement^^ feel free to enlighten me.

Sidenote: In that tournament i was still using boosted Hurricane 3 neo (37°,2.1) on my bh. In this clip it is not really visible because i had enough time for full strokes, but this rubber didnt do me well because i am too slow to perform consistent strong strokes as those which are seen here. That forced many errors in the upcoming matches, where the opponents had much faster playing styles.
Oh stop it, you had me at H3 37 degree boosted. 😍

Coincidentally I had just glue a H3 37 degree boosted onto my Stiga blade this evening, ready for some action this weekend.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
link:

PingBirdPong: I am wondering about the injury to your leg and how it is impacting you as you recover. I wanted to know if bending your knees and getting lower impacts the injury/recovery or if you can do that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Oh stop it, you had me at H3 37 degree boosted. 😍

Coincidentally I had just glue a H3 37 degree boosted onto my Stiga blade this evening, ready for some action this weekend.

🤣 Sadly i had to drop that rubber for my bh. I kind of like the amount of control and spin but getting consistent punches and strong topspins was a pain in the ass.
In many matches i literally feed from these topspins i can perform with my bh, and if they dont work as i want i get frustrated quite fast.
With my current rubber Victas V>15 Extra i dont have that problem anymore and still have my touch because that rubbers doesnt let the ball bounce that hard with small strokes.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
link:

Also, since PingBirdPong is directly asking, can any of you on the list give some feedback for him while keeping in mind the leg injury?

Thanks.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

You dominated him pretty thoroughly so it's hard to find many errors. Your backhand swing is big, not to say kreanga-like. That's not necessarily bad, but I can imagine it doesn't leave you enough time vs faster players. Do you have a smaller stroke you can use with different rubber, that just doesn't work with H3 37? And you pushed a few long balls with your forehand even though you seem to win more points on that side. It didn't hurt you against an LP blocker, but it would vs loopers. Maybe you only did that in this match?

Good stuff is easy to find. Your serves got some receive errors even with his LP. You handled his blocks like they were nothing. And your placements were either into his body, or one to the forehand and then back behind his backhand side, very effective. And you were very consistent with only one or two unforced errors. It was a really nice sequence.