Request for Ban Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Carl is totally in the wrong and his moderation seems more and more just like capricious power trips. Zeio contributes such an immense amount of positive information and content while Brokenball is a known thread derailer, troll, and rude instigator that has been banned before.

Why should it be incumbent upon Zeio and the rest of us to ignore Brokenball's unneeded nonsense or be banned? Allowing Brokenball to resume his antics and regain his posting privileges is the problem here, not Zeio.

This user has no status.
Carl is totally in the wrong and his moderation seems more and more just like capricious power trips. Zeio contributes such an immense amount of positive information and content while Brokenball is a known thread derailer, troll, and rude instigator that has been banned before.

Why should it be incumbent upon Zeio and the rest of us to ignore Brokenball's unneeded nonsense or be banned? Allowing Brokenball to resume his antics and regain his posting privileges is the problem here, not Zeio.

They both got banned!
Zeio got a longer ban just because he started the argument that resulted in the bans.
It would also be infringement of Brokenball’s rights to remove him.
I admit that Zeio has been very helpful in the forum, but that does not mean he can ignore the rules or direct directions from a moderator. For example, even if I donated 10 billion dollars to charity, I would still get the death sentence for first degree murder.
From my experiences and many others’, Carl is a fair and helpful mod, I just don’t think he would specifically target someone.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
For those who are unaware, Carl let pnachtwey continue to be part of the forum as brokenball in the first place, drew entertainment from his trolling, agreed he needed to be contained, yet the very person encouraged his behavior which ultimately led to this incident and blamed it on me for triggering brokenball.

泥水佬開門口——過得自己過得人, literally, a bricklayer cuts a door opening in the wall ― it has to be passable for himself and also for others.

https://ctext.org/analects/zi-lu/
子路:
子曰:「其身正,不令而行;其身不正,雖令不從。」
Zi Lu:
The Master said, "When a prince's personal conduct is correct, his government is effective without the issuing of orders. If his personal conduct is not correct, he may issue orders, but they will not be followed."

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For those who are unaware, Carl let pnachtwey continue to be part of the forum as brokenball in the first place, drew entertainment from his trolling, agreed he needed to be contained, yet the very person encouraged his behavior which ultimately led to this incident and blamed it on me for triggering brokenball.

泥水佬開門口——過得自己過得人, literally, a bricklayer cuts a door opening in the wall ― it has to be passable for himself and also for others.

https://ctext.org/analects/zi-lu/

You like to twist things and take information out of context. You and he were both trolling each other. And when you were asked to stop you ignored. When you were warned to stop, you ignored. And when you were warned a second time you said you would not stop. That you found it exciting.

This is the quote:

zeio;357046
There's no use avoiding. The thing is he will rub everyone up the wrong way, always. I'll keep engaging him when I feel like it. It's exciting.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Is this thread going anywhere? A new year now! Better to look forward and live in the present😀

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Jan 2018
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I did not wake up an old thread. But it does look like I commented in one that was woken up. And that seems to be the thread where your response was that you would not avoid BB. If you had said to me, "why did you wake this old thread up," instead of what your response was, perhaps this would not have escalated.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

Happy new year to you all 🙏🏓

I have reviewed the issue and read entire threads that have been discussed. I do not feel the moderation in question was out of line and I think this issue should be closed now. The forum is a place where we have a lot of people making comments. We can’t always let everyone say everything they feel as topics get completely ruined and off track.

The idea that this has been made a topic of discussion is a bit problematic. The only thing I can see coming from a thread like this is trouble.

Lets all move on from this and dive into 2022 strong. Have a happy new year everyone, much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.