Master TTD Member 8,053 5,837
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,837 8,053

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    I think instead of a ban for zeio, a more constructive punishment for the whole community would involve him doing some penance. Or that's the old Catholic term, modern sociological term would be community service.

So Carl, or Dan, whoever, please leave zeio unbanned, but sentence him to translate and subtitle five post-match player interviews for posting here.

That will teach you! I hope you are happy now. You have only yourself to blame for this. And so on and so forth.

I'm looking forward to the subtitled vids, really missed those since you stopped doing them.
    Guess what? I'm actually in the middle of translating some very interesting interviews here. Stay tuned.

The Following 3 Users Like zeio's Post:

Antonlan, MK73 and 1 other

Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

This user has no status.

TTD Member 84 72
    J
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 72 84

User Info Menu

Mar 2016
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Carl is totally in the wrong and his moderation seems more and more just like capricious power trips. Zeio contributes such an immense amount of positive information and content while Brokenball is a known thread derailer, troll, and rude instigator that has been banned before.

Why should it be incumbent upon Zeio and the rest of us to ignore Brokenball's unneeded nonsense or be banned? Allowing Brokenball to resume his antics and regain his posting privileges is the problem here, not Zeio.

The Following 2 Users Like JediJesseS's Post:

Lazer and PingBirdPong

says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 230 363
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Advanced TTD Member 363 230
    Quote Originally Posted by JediJesseS
    Carl is totally in the wrong and his moderation seems more and more just like capricious power trips. Zeio contributes such an immense amount of positive information and content while Brokenball is a known thread derailer, troll, and rude instigator that has been banned before.

Why should it be incumbent upon Zeio and the rest of us to ignore Brokenball's unneeded nonsense or be banned? Allowing Brokenball to resume his antics and regain his posting privileges is the problem here, not Zeio.

They both got banned!
    Zeio got a longer ban just because he started the argument that resulted in the bans.
    It would also be infringement of Brokenball’s rights to remove him.
    I admit that Zeio has been very helpful in the forum, but that does not mean he can ignore the rules or direct directions from a moderator. For example, even if I donated 10 billion dollars to charity, I would still get the death sentence for first degree murder.
    From my experiences and many others’, Carl is a fair and helpful mod, I just don’t think he would specifically target someone.

The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

Modestly, Leo

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    For those who are unaware, Carl let pnachtwey continue to be part of the forum as brokenball in the first place, drew entertainment from his trolling, agreed he needed to be contained, yet the very person encouraged his behavior which ultimately led to this incident and blamed it on me for triggering brokenball.

泥水佬開門口——過得自己過得人, literally, a bricklayer cuts a door opening in the wall ― it has to be passable for himself and also for others.

https://ctext.org/analects/zi-lu/
    子路:
    子曰:「其身正,不令而行;其身不正,雖令不從。」
    Zi Lu:
    The Master said, "When a prince's personal conduct is correct, his government is effective without the issuing of orders. If his personal conduct is not correct, he may issue orders, but they will not be followed."

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,481 15,054

Super Moderator 15,054 16,481
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    For those who are unaware, Carl let pnachtwey continue to be part of the forum as brokenball in the first place, drew entertainment from his trolling, agreed he needed to be contained, yet the very person encouraged his behavior which ultimately led to this incident and blamed it on me for triggering brokenball.

泥水佬開門口——過得自己過得人, literally, a bricklayer cuts a door opening in the wall ― it has to be passable for himself and also for others.

https://ctext.org/analects/zi-lu/

You like to twist things and take information out of context. You and he were both trolling each other. And when you were asked to stop you ignored. When you were warned to stop, you ignored. And when you were warned a second time you said you would not stop. That you found it exciting.

This is the quote:

zeio;357046
    There's no use avoiding. The thing is he will rub everyone up the wrong way, always. I'll keep engaging him when I feel like it. It's exciting.

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 01-01-2022 at 06:42 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,487 1,774
    L
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,774 1,487

User Info Menu

Oct 2016
    Sweden
    Read 0 Reviews
    Is this thread going anywhere? A new year now! Better to look forward and live in the present😀

The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    I ignored and I like to twist things? As I laid out at the start of this thread, I backed down after your first threat and brokenball broke the truce. You kept at it with the threats by waking up a 4-week old reply by brokenball looking to incite a response to escalate the situation.

What if I told you to avoid me and brokenball? Would you have complied? You could've left us alone and let it run its course, while keeping yourself entertained.

Super Moderator 16,481 15,054

Super Moderator 15,054 16,481
    I did not wake up an old thread. But it does look like I commented in one that was woken up. And that seems to be the thread where your response was that you would not avoid BB. If you had said to me, "why did you wake this old thread up," instead of what your response was, perhaps this would not have escalated.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

says #ForTheLegacy

Administrator 4,281 6,803
    says #ForTheLegacy

Administrator 6,803 4,281

User Info Menu

Hey everyone,

Happy new year to you all 🙏🏓

I have reviewed the issue and read entire threads that have been discussed. I do not feel the moderation in question was out of line and I think this issue should be closed now. The forum is a place where we have a lot of people making comments. We can’t always let everyone say everything they feel as topics get completely ruined and off track.

The idea that this has been made a topic of discussion is a bit problematic. The only thing I can see coming from a thread like this is trouble.

Lets all move on from this and dive into 2022 strong. Have a happy new year everyone, much love.

The Following 11 Users Like Dan's Post:

Dream2K, DukeGaGa and 9 others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12