Carl

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want to post videos of myself playing to the forum, but the only way is to upload it to YT, which is basically impossible for videos longer than a minute here in China. Is there any other way to post a video?

Do you want to email me the video and I can post it to my YouTube Channel and list is as PingBirdPong or Leo and then post it to the thread noting that it is footage of you? If you do, just send me a PM and I will give you an email you can send to.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
is there any similar to youtube in China? or how come it is impossible?

Another question! I think i have asked der echte before but since you are from China it makes sense to ask you too. Which asian language would be easiest to learn as a Swede? or best for some other reason. It would make sense and be fun to be able to speak and understand some asian language since you guys are very interested in tabletennis 😀

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
is there any similar to youtube in China? or how come it is impossible?

Another question! I think i have asked der echte before but since you are from China it makes sense to ask you too. Which asian language would be easiest to learn as a Swede? or best for some other reason. It would make sense and be fun to be able to speak and understand some asian language since you guys are very interested in tabletennis 😀
China bans most foreign websites, including all Google services. I use VPN, but it’s very slow. We have similar video websites, but none as good as YT.
On languages: Don’t learn Chinese! I’ve spoken the language for 14 years and I still have problems, so do my friends. Chinese is the hardest language in the world. I think Korean is the easiest popular Asian language. Japanese is hard as well.

Reactions: Lula
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

I think Korean is the easiest popular Asian language.

HAHAHAHAHAhhhhh and a few HAHA.

If you are captured by a foreign spy agency, then tied up and presented with two choices....

1- Water-Board Toture until you confess all the sins of the world.

2- Tie to chair and learn Korean

CHOOSE THE WATER BOARD TORTURE - it is way easier.

Having said that, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean present different dynamics throughought different phases of learnig.

Chinese - Damn difficult language to learn to a speaking proficiency, but you can get over some grammar right away and learn some words and function soon enough well enough at an early low level, but even that is a struggle. LATER, the learning never stops with vocabulary, stays a steep curve all the way to professor level.

Japanese - Danm difficult. Upside down. Grammar and structure simply different. You will not go anywhere anytime soon, but later, if you stick with it, can do some level up and get around.

Korean - Damn difficult right away. Everything has a grammar pattern and you damn well better learn the many types of honorific mods to verbs or you gunna get ur azz kicked. You could be learning full time studying only Korean 6 months and still feel like you would starve if you had to speak Korean to buy groceries or resturant. Getting the basics of grammar and some vocab takes FOREVER. 99.9 % of people simply give up. It is too much work and too much struggle early on and mid way. However, once you get used to all the grammar and can manipulate it, the language begins to make sense and is so natural you will think in it easily. You could even dream in Korean and go on TV and sing Korean songs like you Korean - they have shows for foreigner doing that. You better be damn determined and ready to stick with it or you gunna be a dropout failure.

Any of these languages requires structured training and reps and learning why you fail and a lot of early failure, so pick your poison. I would say for 6 months, you would go further with Chinese, but if you really want to get to a translator level of a spoken interview level (like say Adam Barbrow asks you to translate stuff to and from Seo Hyo Won) you better have a few years and chose Korean or Japanese. The learning at the mid and higher levels does not drop off with Chinese.

This user has no status.
HAHAHAHAHAhhhhh and a few HAHA.

If you are captured by a foreign spy agency, then tied up and presented with two choices....

1- Water-Board Toture until you confess all the sins of the world.

2- Tie to chair and learn Korean

CHOOSE THE WATER BOARD TORTURE - it is way easier.

Having said that, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean present different dynamics throughought different phases of learnig.

Chinese - Damn difficult language to learn to a speaking proficiency, but you can get over some grammar right away and learn some words and function soon enough well enough at an early low level, but even that is a struggle. LATER, the learning never stops with vocabulary, stays a steep curve all the way to professor level.

Japanese - Danm difficult. Upside down. Grammar and structure simply different. You will not go anywhere anytime soon, but later, if you stick with it, can do some level up and get around.

Korean - Damn difficult right away. Everything has a grammar pattern and you damn well better learn the many types of honorific mods to verbs or you gunna get ur azz kicked. You could be learning full time studying only Korean 6 months and still feel like you would starve if you had to speak Korean to buy groceries or resturant. Getting the basics of grammar and some vocab takes FOREVER. 99.9 % of people simply give up. It is too much work and too much struggle early on and mid way. However, once you get used to all the grammar and can manipulate it, the language begins to make sense and is so natural you will think in it easily. You could even dream in Korean and go on TV and sing Korean songs like you Korean - they have shows for foreigner doing that. You better be damn determined and ready to stick with it or you gunna be a dropout failure.

Any of these languages requires structured training and reps and learning why you fail and a lot of early failure, so pick your poison. I would say for 6 months, you would go further with Chinese, but if you really want to get to a translator level of a spoken interview level (like say Adam Barbrow asks you to translate stuff to and from Seo Hyo Won) you better have a few years and chose Korean or Japanese. The learning at the mid and higher levels does not drop off with Chinese.

Chinese, the more you learn the less you know.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Haha Thanks for pep talk guys 😀

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Chinese, the more you learn the less you know.

Yes, this is true with Chinese, I did mention that even past the low level, into teh mid, and into advanced, the vocab learning never stops. This why I believe that early on, with effort and struggle, one could be further along with Chinese, but further on, the progress is still damned difficult to achieve, while at this stage, continuing on with Korean or Japanese is not as bad in the mid to early advanced levels.

Once you are a level below native, both Korean and Japanese have the same struggles for progress in vocab, so at that point it is a toss-up.

I do not regret at all any and all the effort and those lost brain cells from stress I sacrificed to learn Korean. What I could do and experienced was still 100x worth it. This is true of ANY language where you can live where they speak. Even early on, if you show the simple respect of honestly TRYING, even if it is epic fail, you get respect and allowances from the people. You still get opportunities and experiences that are such a blast one would be able to articulate only a fraction of it.

Reactions: PingBirdPong