What rubbers should i get for DHS H301x ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
What rubbers to choose from ?

Hi guys, i've just bought my new blade: The DHS H301x. I'm considering DHS gold arc 8 for the FH and Xiom Vega IV omega for backhand (i'm kind of a semi pro player so i don't choose hard rubbers especially for my backhand because i need to improve it alot). I've seen some suggestions like rakza 7 / Donic 3 for BH. What should i get ? I prefer long term rubbers. Thanks alot

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
What rubbers should i get for DHS H301x

As the title said, I've just bought a DHS H301x, I'm considering using DHS Gold arc 8 (47.5) for FH and Xiom Omega IV Europe for BH. Is that a good combo ? I'm a simi-pro player, not professional so I don't use very hard rubbers and I think Durability is very important for me. Tell me your opinions. I don't really know what BH should I get from these: Razka 7/ Razka 7 soft/ Donic S3 or as I said, the Xiom Omega IV Europe. Thanks alot!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
As the title said, I've just bought a DHS H301x, I'm considering using DHS Gold arc 8 (47.5) for FH and Xiom Omega IV Europe for BH. Is that a good combo ? I'm a simi-pro player, not professional so I don't use very hard rubbers and I think Durability is very important for me. Tell me your opinions. I don't really know what BH should I get from these: Razka 7/ Razka 7 soft/ Donic S3 or as I said, the Xiom Omega IV Europe. Thanks alot!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am still wondering what you mean by "simi-pro/semi-pro". Can you explain what you mean?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Either way this will be a damn fast setup. Playing short will require tons of feel and much much much effort. In general i wouldnt go for such a fast rubber as your fh or at least take a hybrid rubber so you can make use of touchplay which will be impossible with the Goldarc 8 because it is nontacky and really fast.

But overall it is close to impossible to give decent advise here without seeing you play. All mentioned rubbers are pretty good and are able to do the job.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Oh, semi pro are players who have developed techniques already but haven't mastered many of it, more like an intermediate but a little better.

In different places that means different things. Here where I am, "semi-pro" is used to describe a player who is a very high level, and makes some money as a professional TT player but is not top level pro and is not able to make his entire living as a pro. So, that player may coach or work a job while also competing in very high level tournaments.

But I do know that there are places where that term means other things. Thank you for the clarification.

At the club where you play, about what ranking would you be, top, top 10, etc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

In different places that means different things. Here where I am, "semi-pro" is used to describe a player who is a very high level, and makes some money as a professional TT player but is not top level pro and is not able to make his entire living as a pro. So, that player may coach or work a job while also competing in very high level tournaments.

But I do know that there are places where that term means other things. Thank you for the clarification.

At the club where you play, about what ranking would you be, top, top 10, etc?

I agree. Semi pro to me is an almost pro level player that can't quite make a living on table tennis maybe like number 300 in the world ranking or so.

What he described sounded more like an "advanced intermediate" level player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I think, the OP means he's an intermediate-level player..

If you've tried it, and like it - Goldarc 8 (47°) + XIOM Omega Europe IV would be fine ... Alternately, you could opt for Xiom Omega VII Pro on the FH, and Rakza 7 on BH ... Andro Rasanter R45 & R47 too are pretty good rubbers..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I agree. Semi pro to me is an almost pro level player that can't quite make a living on table tennis maybe like number 300 in the world ranking or so.

What he described sounded more like an "advanced intermediate" level player.

Yes you're right ! I'm an advanced intermediate, sorry for the misunderstanding. I've only played in club for a few months, because of the pandemic so i haven't gone to the club for more than a year now and before that I usually play at home so I don't know about ranking sorry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Either way this will be a damn fast setup. Playing short will require tons of feel and much much much effort. In general i wouldnt go for such a fast rubber as your fh or at least take a hybrid rubber so you can make use of touchplay which will be impossible with the Goldarc 8 because it is nontacky and really fast.

But overall it is close to impossible to give decent advise here without seeing you play. All mentioned rubbers are pretty good and are able to do the job.

Oh really, I thought my blade as rating is between OFF and OFF- and the Goldarc 8 (47.5) is medium hard so it's controllable, am I wrong? My style of playing is attacking with long stroke, my BH can block and attack only a bit (I still need to improve my BH alot to make it accurate).

This user has no status.

Hi Trinh,
I myself is a user of DHS 301, the predecessor of the H301x. If we have similar playing style (I am a FH top-spinner), I believe we would agree that both are flexible blades with linear power generation (many gears, i.e. slow stroke = slow power, strong/full stroke = bigger power), with the exception that the 301x is stiffer (have thicker core) and maybe a bit faster.

For the BH, you can use a Tensor rubber.. such as.. Razka 7 (not the soft one, I personally don't like too soft rubbers), Donic Bluefire M2 is also a good BH rubber if you like grippy ones. Or you can try my setup, I use Stiga Genesis M on BH - a Euro rubber with Chinese tackiness, it is great in lifting backspins generating topspins if that is your preferred style. If you want, the slightly softer one by Stiga could be Stiga Boost TC.

If budget is not a problem for you, just go all the way to Tenergy 05 (FX if you like) or even Dignics series.

Cheers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Oh really, I thought my blade as rating is between OFF and OFF- and the Goldarc 8 (47.5) is medium hard so it's controllable, am I wrong? My style of playing is attacking with long stroke, my BH can block and attack only a bit (I still need to improve my BH alot to make it accurate).

That would be the 301 not the 301x. Even TT11 rates that blade as off+.

Hm, if you are not attacking with your bh right now and want to learn that, i would definitly pick something that is at least able to put the breaks on the ball if you block with your bh and still is able to produce a quality topspin.
The mentioned rubbers are way too fast and hard to control for that.

I would suggest to go for either the Donic Bluefire M2 or the Hurricane 8-80. Both are pretty grippy so you should be able to perform decent shortplays with it. Not too fast so you need a miracle for blocks and still fast enough to learn backhand topspins and flicks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Hm, if you are not attacking with your bh right now and want to learn that, i would definitly pick something that is at least able to put the breaks on the ball if you block with your bh and still is able to produce a quality topspin.

I would suggest to go for either the Donic Bluefire M2 or the Hurricane 8-80. Both are pretty grippy so you should be able to perform decent shortplays with it. Not too fast so you need a miracle for blocks and still fast enough to learn backhand topspins and flicks.

Oh no, did I choose the wrong blade ? I should've chosen the 301. And the 2 rubbers u mentioned are for the BH or FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Oh no, did I choose the wrong blade ? I should've chosen the 301. And the 2 rubbers u mentioned are for the BH or FH?

Bh.
Fh is not such a huge deal if you are already capable of attacking with it on a regular basis. And with the Goldarc you dont even need a huge swing.

The 301x is presumably a "better" version but is a bit faster too. I played the 301 and found it oke but the weight is too far on the head not well enough balanced for my taste. I wouldnt say you chose wrong picking the newer version of the 301^^ It is a good blade either way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Oh, i forgot to tell you that i can do top spin or even backspin and flicks on my BH but not very accurate especially the long ball. As your suggestions, I think I'm gonna get the Donic Bluefire M2 but I don't know if it holds for a long time. Have u tested it ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Oh, i forgot to tell you that i can do top spin or even backspin and flicks on my BH but not very accurate especially the long ball. As your suggestions, I think I'm gonna get the Donic Bluefire M2 but I don't know if it holds for a long time. Have u tested it ?

Sorry but i just used it and read a lot about it but i cant tell you anything about its durability from myself. Though it seems to do ok from what i read in reviews about that rubber.

Reactions: Hiep Trinh
This user has no status.
Here is what I can say for durability:

I used to use the M2 for almost a month (I play like 4-5 days every week) on my dominant FH side on a Donic Black Devil (carbon balsa) blade, doing smashes, spins, all sort of drives (close, mid distance). I would say it can endure some of the hardest hits I make, though personally with that kind of gung-ho playstyle, I think it could probably last 2 months tops in my hand.

Taking that experience into account, on the BH side, I'd say it should last more or less about 3-4 months (if you're playing as often as I am).
But then again, everyone has their own unique playstyle so at the end of the day, it's still best to see and experience it for yourself :)

P.S. I think it's normal to change rubbers every 3 months on average if you are a serious and invested player (play minimum 10-15 hours/week on average).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hiep Trinh