H3N provincial Orange v blue sponge plus boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

Being a long-term H3 user and lover, I have to admit my disappointment in the newer batch of H3. I have known trustworthy seller in China so I always buy genuine products.I know how to take very good care of my H4 for four years.

My new Neo H3 BS (provincial) came as half tacky, just as tacky as K1 pro. It costs $38USD.

I applied 3 layers of seamoon in my standard boosting procedure. I only play once or twice a week. Three months later, the ball skids on my H3 especially when I tried to do a thin brushing loop against backspin. It only got worse as skidding occurred more often. I had no choice but to seek an alternative.

For many many year I and many other H3 users have been looking for an alternative that can replace H3. I've found it, I have really found it. I will find time to write up a proper review.

What alternate did you find? Dignics 09c?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
What alternate did you find? Dignics 09c?

Victas Triple Double Extra boosted with 3 layers of Seamoon.

In short, the Chinese made topsheet is as tacky as TG2, yet softer. The Japanese blue sponge generates a huge amount of spin, high arc, very similar to boosted H3.

Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Victas Triple Double Extra boosted with 3 layers of Seamoon.

In short, the Chinese made topsheet is as tacky as TG2, yet softer. The Japanese blue sponge generates a huge amount of spin, high arc, very similar to boosted H3.

Ok. Sounds like a plan :) What about the weight? I've read that it's quite heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

The tackiness is one of the two aspects.

Spin can be created in the following two physical ways:

1. Tackiness of the topsheet
  2. Repulsive effect of the sponge and topsheet after the ball "sinks" in (or engage the ball)

At low to medium impact, spin is generated mostly due to reason 1 for H3, and reason 2 for D05 (softer topsheet and softer sponge = less effort to engage the ball).

At high impact (power looping mid to far distance), spin is generated due to reason 1 + 2 for all rubbers. Because the boosted sponge of H3 has a higher max spin/speed than that of D05, it shines in mid to far distance looping.

Have you used a H3N provincial as it is with the fa Tory boost? How would it play if I just pasted rubber on as it is with the factory boost and pre glued layer compared to if I took it off and boosted with seamoon 1-2 layers and then pasted.

I have been told else where to try it as it is with the factory tune and to see if I like it. Problem is I’m not training till Monday so I can’t test till then and I have a competition next wkend so if I paste as is and test on mon Tue and don’t like I then have to do the boosting process which as u all know can take 2 days which then doesn’t leave me training time with it.

but if I removed the glue layer and boost it today using seamoon it’s ready to use from Monday and train with all week before the competition!! The rubber just arrived 10 mins ago so I’m pondering whether I will like it as it is bearing in mind my previous rubber was D09C and recently been using H3Neo OS prov 39 with 2 thin layers of seamoon booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Have you used a H3N provincial as it is with the fa Tory boost? How would it play if I just pasted rubber on as it is with the factory boost and pre glued layer compared to if I took it off and boosted with seamoon 1-2 layers and then pasted.

I have been told else where to try it as it is with the factory tune and to see if I like it. Problem is I’m not training till Monday so I can’t test till then and I have a competition next wkend so if I paste as is and test on mon Tue and don’t like I then have to do the boosting process which as u all know can take 2 days which then doesn’t leave me training time with it.

but if I removed the glue layer and boost it today using seamoon it’s ready to use from Monday and train with all week before the competition!! The rubber just arrived 10 mins ago so I’m pondering whether I will like it as it is bearing in mind my previous rubber was D09C and recently been using H3Neo OS prov 39 with 2 thin layers of seamoon booster.

I'd boost it the same way you did for your H3Neo OS prov 39. This should give you what you are already used to. Next time, when you have more time, you can find out if the factory-boost is something you like (imo, not worth it, always boost). Good luck in competition.

Or you wait 1 week, play the competition with OS, and you try it after competition, if you really want to find out. But I guess, it is like telling a hungry man to walk around the full table for 1 week, as it would requite some serious self-renunciation :)

• Haha
Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I'd boost it the same way you did for your H3Neo OS prov 39. This should give you what you are already used to. Next time, when you have more time, you can find out if the factory-boost is something you like (imo, not worth it, always boost). Good luck in competition.

Or you wait 1 week, play the competition with OS, and you try it after competition, if you really want to find out. But I guess, it is like telling a hungry man to walk around the full table for 1 week, as it would requite some serious self-renunciation :)

God the glue layer was nightmare to take off lol… I think as it’s probably so thin. I don’t think next time I will bother taking it off a new sheet I think I will just boost on top first time round 😂😂

I find taking glue layers off generally difficult, I think it’s a patience thing lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
My H3 neo prov didn't have much glue initially. It was just slightly tacky. Easy to take/wipe away

Do you keep the plastic film on the rubber during boosting phase or do you remove? How long do you wait before applying second layer? A Chinese player at my club said wait 8 hours some say 12-24 hours, any advantage/disadvantage in either? Last time I boosted I waited 12 hours between 1st and 2nd layer and seemed to work well enough but that was my first and only time ever boosting. This is now my second time on a new sheet.

Also last time it did not curve a great deal and so far this new sheet has not curved a great deal so I suspect I’m not using a lot of booster per layer.

says Footwork footwork footwork

Do you keep the plastic film on the rubber during boosting phase or do you remove? How long do you wait before applying second layer? A Chinese player at my club said wait 8 hours some say 12-24 hours, any advantage/disadvantage in either? Last time I boosted I waited 12 hours between 1st and 2nd layer and seemed to work well enough but that was my first and only time ever boosting. This is now my second time on a new sheet.

Also last time it did not curve a great deal and so far this new sheet has not curved a great deal so I suspect I’m not using a lot of booster per layer.

I wait 25 minutes from first to second layer. Hasn’t failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I was pondering with idea of only using 1 layer of boost on my new H3N BS 39 as it’s 39 and I don’t want it to be too mushy but I think I will put a second thin layer on tomo.

I have so far put a thin layer of seamoon directly onto sponge and it’s been 9 hours and hasn’t curved that much so I suspect it was a thin layer I applied. I think tomo at the 24 hour mark will put on a second thin layer wait further 24 hours and then glue 2 layers and then good to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
You must take the protective film off. As the rubber stretches the film will prevent it happening.

Ok just taken off and it was slightly curved but after taking the film off it’s now sitting completely flat.

not sure whether I should put on a second layer soon or just leave till close to 24 hours. First time boosting so unfamiliar with it. Once I done couple of times it’s easy.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019

Ok just taken off and it was slightly curved but after taking the film off it’s now sitting completely flat.

not sure whether I should put on a second layer soon or just leave till close to 24 hours. First time boosting so unfamiliar with it. Once I done couple of times it’s easy.

I think more or less booster is subjective too. 247 table tennis mentioned in a post that one layer of booster refers to a brush soaked with booster (a brush from Haifu Seamoon) for him. I’ve never tried boosting too but his idea is reasonable. You could give a try like him next time or so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I would really appreciate any input on the subject cause the BS isn't a cheap option. Share your experience, please

Hi, you already have H3 NEO Prov in your profile, and you can have/buy H3 BS Prov. I was thinking that all that matters is how you or whether or not you like it, ultimately, and not how someone else describes his experience. Or I miss something, pls explain.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi, you already have H3 NEO Prov in your profile, and you can have/buy H3 BS Prov. I was thinking that all that matters is how you or whether or not you like it, ultimately, and not how someone else describes his experience. Or I miss something, pls explain.

Oh, I just wanted to ask ppl who had already had bubbles on their BS NEO prov, why they think it happened? Too much booster, or a wrong booster? For example, in my experience bubbles usually come after the second attempt to boost and I normally expect to have a dome as big as the first time, but so far my second boosting is never as efficient as the first one.
​​​​​​

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Oh, I just wanted to ask ppl who had already had bubbles on their BS NEO prov, why they think it happened? Too much booster, or a wrong booster? For example, in my experience bubbles usually come after the second attempt to boost and I normally expect to have a dome as big as the first time, but so far my second boosting is never as efficient as the first one.​​

Yes, I see now, thanks.

Check this great review from ThePongProfessor.