list of best table tennis rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Read 1 reviews

Here is the list of the best table tennis rubbers in 2021-2022, what do you think?

The list includes:

1. Butterfly Tenergy 05
  2. Butterfly Dignics 05
  3. Butterfly Tenergy 64
  4. Tibhar Evolution MX-P
  5. Nittaku Fastarc G-1
  6. DHS Hurricane3 H38
  7. Joola Rhyzm-P
  8. Yasaka Rakza Z
  9. XIOM Vega Europe
  10. Donic Bluefire M-2

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Best *BACKHAND* rubbers to correct your title.

And on top i still dont like that list of his. Having still rubbers up the list like Xiom Vega Europe or Joola Rhyzm-P but no Victas rubber like mine or the triple/double extra is just dumb.
The rest is okish if you want to objectify a highly subjective topic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Best *BACKHAND* rubbers to correct your title.
Which is why such list is even more useless. There may be an underlying assumption that a "backhand" rubber should be softer than a "forehand" rubber, yet not too soft, hence the absence of some that would come to mind, etc.

So any list like that can be a personal statement, yet never a basis for serious discussion.

Any long pips or antispin player would surely agree anyway ;)

And if, by highly subjective criteria, I have found MY personal favourite or best rubber for MY backhand, why name the also-rans?

Reactions: Lazer
Which is why such list is even more useless. There may be an underlying assumption that a "backhand" rubber should be softer than a "forehand" rubber, yet not too soft, hence the absence of some that would come to mind, etc.

So any list like that can be a personal statement, yet never a basis for serious discussion.

Any long pips or antispin player would surely agree anyway ;)

And if, by highly subjective criteria, I have found MY personal favourite or best rubber for MY backhand, why name the also-rans?
I'm FH dominant, but I see no reason to have different rubbers on each side, the one reason would be if I ever wanted to use BTY (waaaay expensive...) and was too cheap to do both sides...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
There are too many opinions. I think of this differently. What can I do with rubber A that I can't do with rubber B?
Usually the answer is it possible to do the same thing with both rubbers only it will take a slightly different stroke.
Also, how does each rubber fit into my mode/style for the day.
What is best is determine by what you want to do.

Reactions: mihalichtheone
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
This post is probably very helpful, but only to a small set of players: strongly skilled, non sponsored, non professionals with deep pockets 😉.

There seem to me three main problems:
— These rubbers are all fairly to very expensive (all at least £35) — this automatically rules out suitability for lots of players. He also doesn’t address their durability in all his posts.

— The rubbers mainly fit two types: very bouncy 45°-50° tensors and sticky tensors/hybrid rubbers. Many of these are inappropriate for players who don’t play a purely inverted attacking style on backhand. What if players like softer rubbers or want to chop? Some are more moderate or softer but most are the MXP type.

— The whole ‘backhand rubbers’ thing. The suitability of certain rubbers for forehand or backhand is subjective and arguably makes no sense — after all loads of players, amateur and pro, use the same rubber on both sides. He also spends his entire ‘forehand rubber’ article arguing for very low throwing forehand rubbers (which seems counter intuitive since basically everyone want topspin consistency on forehand).

It’s a bit shaky, treating an extremely subjective topic as a matter of objective fact.

However, this list does seem to broadly reflect what offensive players on these forums seem to like to play with (or at the very least provides good alternatives/copies of the elite equipment the pros use).

Fair enough to him for actually making a list and justifying his choices as well tbf. I think his website’s great, even if I don’t know anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1