Victas Triple Double Extra review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Just a brief introduction. I've played a lot of Chinese rubbers over 4 years - commercial H3, commercial Neo H3, provincial H3, provincial Neo H3, national H3 and national Neo H3, TG2, Neo TG2, provincial TG2 and provincial TG3. I like boosting and know how to properly boost Chinese rubber. I know channels in China that sell authentic DHS products. My main FH rubber has been provincial Neo H3 blue sponge (BS) 40 degree hardness boosted with 3 layers of Haifu Seamoon oil.

For the sake of simplicity, H3 in this review refers to provincial Neo H3 blue sponge 40 degree, boosted with 3 layers of oil. This is the main rubber I will compare TDE with.

Why change? My most recent H3 came as half tacky. DHS has significantly reduced the tack. I like very tacky rubber. It's just my personal taste.

Testing setup: W968 letter version (91g). FH Victas Triple Double Extra (TDE) Max. BH commercial Neo H3 37 degree.

I tested the TDE in two stages:
Stage 1 - no boosting
Stage 2 - boosted with 3 layers of Seamoon oil

Stage 1First impression
When I pressed my thumb on TDE topsheet side, it feels softer than if I pressed on the sponge side. I feel TDE has a soft topsheet (confirmed later). The blue sponge hardness is similar to H3 40-41.

Service
I struggled with half tacky H3 at the start. It required some adjustment to keep the ball short and low. The spin is still there as the topsheet is still very grippy.
TDE is very tacky. The topsheet is made by a Chinese factory (rumoured to be 729). I like serving short side top spin. This kind of serve is much easier with TDE.

Service return
Short game touch is very similar between the two. Returning long heavy backspin is easier with TDE probably because of the tack.

Flat hit
I felt the ball just sinks in TDE easily. I could feel the ball and feedback even in close to the table hitting (likely due to soft topsheet). Speed is slower due to the tack.
H3 is faster, trajectory is longer.

Slow looping against back spin
TDE has a low arc despite the tack. That has something to do with my W968. So I had to perform a bigger swing to lift up the ball. The spin is insane. My long-term practice partner felt the spin is equal if not more than my previous H3.
H3 has a higher arc but longer trajectory. Thin brush is still a strong area of H3.

Topsin looping
This is where TDE shines. Due to the soft topsheet, TDE feels very lively with very clear feedback in mid to far distance looping. I enjoy the old-school loud metalic sound produced by Chinese rubbers. I tend to loop harder due to the high tack and the ball just flied out. That was due to the W968 not TDE. If you use a Vis or hard 5-ply it will be far more stable. You can loop the ball at a very low point and still can save the point. The spin is insane.
I had to adjust the angle for my H3 due to the low tack. I had to focus on sinking the ball into the sponge in order to produce spin. The dwell time is shorter, hence the ball tend to fly out if the angle is a bit off.

I will put up the review in stage 2 soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've attached the weight.

50g BEFORE boosting
53g AFTER 3 layers of Seamoon oil and 3 layers of No15 DHS glue.

IMG%204038%20jpeg.jpeg

IMG%204037%20jpeg.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MK73
says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
How’s the durability of it compare to h3 prov bs? And for first time tacky rubber users, is it easier to adapt the TDE rather than h3 prov bs. In terms of price, in tt11 web it’s about $14 difference; the h3 being more expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
How’s the durability of it compare to h3 prov bs? And for first time tacky rubber users, is it easier to adapt the TDE rather than h3 prov bs. In terms of price, in tt11 web it’s about $14 difference; the h3 being more expensive.

Go for the provincial neo H3 orange sponge 39 degree. The orange sponge is more lively and easier to adapt.

Reactions: MK73 and Colin Ksh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I was super impressed by the TDE when I first glued it on my blade. Tackier than H3 and a very lively sponge. Within 30 minutes that amazing tackiness disappeared and never came back. The biggest let-down I've ever experienced in a rubber.

If you want a fast tacky rubber stick to boosted H3(N) or Xiom Tau II. Dignics 09c as well but only 1 of the 2 sheets I've used were tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I was super impressed by the TDE when I first glued it on my blade. Tackier than H3 and a very lively sponge. Within 30 minutes that amazing tackiness disappeared and never came back. The biggest let-down I've ever experienced in a rubber.

If you want a fast tacky rubber stick to boosted H3(N) or Xiom Tau II. Dignics 09c as well but only 1 of the 2 sheets I've used were tacky.

After cleaning and drying it with water the tack comes back like new.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015

i picked up a friend's old tde and the tack is greater than my old h3 prov bs, when putting a plastic protector after cleaning the tde maintains the protector whereas my h3 produces some air bubbles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013

I tend to loop harder due to the high tack and the ball just flied out. That was due to the W968 not TDE. If you use a Vis or hard 5-ply it will be far more stable. You can loop the ball at a very low point and still can save the point. The spin is insane.

Hi SFF_lib, thanks for your review, I am interested by your observation, I am using a HL5 (should play similar to your W968) and I have the same feeling when I try to loop harder with my H3. Do you mean that playing with W968 and high tack rubber is difficult ?
I am currently using H3 Neo 37 with one layer of seamoon as I try to have more dwell time/control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hola!
Es una gran goma. Dura, pero de buena calidad , la lámina súper pegajosa hay que mantenerla limpia o muy pronto pierde pegajosidad durante el uso.
Yo cuando la guardo está en el estuche con laminas nitakku. La limpio antes con agua y revolution 3. De esta manera si utilidad es buena.

creo que la elasticidad que tiene la goma no es común en dhs. Eso hace una gran diferencia.
La única contra para mí gusto es que es muy dura.
La próxima voy a comprar una triple extra.

También escuché que la roja es superior en pegajosidad.
Saludos amigos desde Argentina
​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Hi SFF_lib, thanks for your review, I am interested by your observation, I am using a HL5 (should play similar to your W968) and I have the same feeling when I try to loop harder with my H3. Do you mean that playing with W968 and high tack rubber is difficult ?
I am currently using H3 Neo 37 with one layer of seamoon as I try to have more dwell time/control.

I prefer playing w968 with a high tacky rubber such as H3 produced prior to 2021. My new H3 is half tacky. When looping hard it suddenly goes way too long.

That’s why I found TDE

Reactions: Marc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Stage 2 - after applying 3 layers of Haifu Seamoon oil

First impression
[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE curled up quite significantly. It responds to booster quite well. TDE feels slightly, only slightly softer.[/bcolor][bcolor=#ffffff] [/bcolor]

Service
[bcolor=#ffffff]It feels very much the same as before boosting. You can serve very spinny short serves. The ball goes longer when you serve a long serve.[/bcolor][bcolor=#ffffff] [/bcolor]

Service return
[bcolor=#ffffff]Short game touch is very controllable with nice feedback. [/bcolor]

Flat hit
[bcolor=#ffffff]I feel the speed boost. The ball goes faster in smash and flick. FH flick in short game is easier due to higher speed. It is still very controllable due to the tack.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE's tacky topsheet helps lifting backspin. After boosting, I could feel the ball sinks into the blue sponge with less effort, hence more topspin. [/bcolor]

Topspin looping
[bcolor=#ffffff]This is where I felt the difference. Once the blue sponge is engaged, the topspin is insane. Faster and spinnier than before boosting. After boosting, I could feel the ball much better. Clear feedback, more precise placement. As you can see, the rubber weighed 53g after boosting. It is very manageable in continous topspin rallies.[/bcolor]

Updates on durability after 6 weeks

[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE's tack has decreased over the last 6 weeks. When new, the rubber could lift a ball (rubber facing down) for more than 5s. At 6 weeks, it could only lift up a ball for just under 1s. However, it is still tackier than the new H3 batch.

Let's say the H3 provincial before 2021 had the tack of 10. The comparison as below:

Tack of a new TDE = 11
Tack of TDE after 6 weeks = 8
Tack of new 2022 H3 provincial = 6 [/bcolor]

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2022
I applied 3 layers of hair clipper oil which I presume is mineral oil, and it completely restored my H3N tackiness. I would think it would do the same for other rubber types.

Reactions: lodro and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

First impression
[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE curled up quite significantly. It responds to booster quite well. TDE feels slightly, only slightly softer.[/bcolor][bcolor=#ffffff] [/bcolor]

Service
[bcolor=#ffffff]It feels very much the same as before boosting. You can serve very spinny short serves. The ball goes longer when you serve a long serve.[/bcolor][bcolor=#ffffff] [/bcolor]

Service return
[bcolor=#ffffff]Short game touch is very controllable with nice feedback. [/bcolor]

Flat hit
[bcolor=#ffffff]I feel the speed boost. The ball goes faster in smash and flick. FH flick in short game is easier due to higher speed. It is still very controllable due to the tack.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE's tacky topsheet helps lifting backspin. After boosting, I could feel the ball sinks into the blue sponge with less effort, hence more topspin. [/bcolor]

Topspin looping
[bcolor=#ffffff]This is where I felt the difference. Once the blue sponge is engaged, the topspin is insane. Faster and spinnier than before boosting. After boosting, I could feel the ball much better. Clear feedback, more precise placement. As you can see, the rubber weighed 53g after boosting. It is very manageable in continous topspin rallies.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#ffffff]TDE's tack has decreased over the last 6 weeks. When new, the rubber could lift a ball (rubber facing down) for more than 5s. At 6 weeks, it could only lift up a ball for just under 1s. However, it is still tackier than the new H3 batch.

Let's say the H3 provincial before 2021 had the tack of 10. The comparison as below:

Tack of a new TDE = 11
What's your process for boosting TDE.
I got two and I want to experiment with boosting it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

First impression

Service

Service return

Flat hit

Topspin looping

Tack of a new TDE = 11
Did your TDE ever bubble after your boosting?