Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 31 115
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 115 31

User Info Menu

Advice for new rubbers

I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.
    Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry
    Last edited by Marko; 01-04-2022 at 10:11 PM.

says must try everything :)

Established TTD Member 77 103
    says must try everything :)

Established TTD Member 103 77
    The Rakza X are already high-end rubbers. If these do not give you enough power, you should probably look at a faster blade.
    In saying this, since your rubbers are 2 years old, a couple of new sheets are already going to give you significant;y more spin and a little more power.

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,430 11,231
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,231 11,430

User Info Menu

DeHaggis hat gespochen. No further comments needed. Everyone can move along and have more time and resource to start more threads on the blades and rubbers pros use.

The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

haggisv

President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 84 231
    F
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 231 84

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Hi,

Compared to your existing dead rubbers, playing with newer/faster rubbers will seem to give more power, for a bit .. Xiom Omega Pro, Xiom Omega Tour, Andro Rasanter R47/48, Tibhar Evolution MX-P, are some options.. If you don't mind getting freaky, then boost the rubbers..

However, if you want a significantly noticeable bump in power, go with Haggisv's suggestion of switching both, blade & rubbers

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 284 677
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 677 284

User Info Menu

Remember the power comes from you, not Your equipment…

Cheers
    L-zr

The Following User Likes Lazer's Post:

Ktandean

Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

This user has no status.

F
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer

Cheers
    L-zr

LOL .. says the guy who plays with a Primorac Carbon .. But, yes, there is some truth in what you say .. For Example, I can generate the same ball-speed/power with a Joola Toni Hold Whitespot + Reactor Corbor rubbers, as I can with a Primorac + Rakza 7 combo... However, I would have to put-in a lot more effort, with the former setup.. This considerable effort, over a a period of time, can cause considerable amount of strain .. Playing with the right equipment, just makes it easier, and less strenuous.

The Following 2 Users Like Funk Fu Master's Post:

Ktandean and NDH

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 914 1,305
    A
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,305 914

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by haggisv
    The Rakza X are already high-end rubbers. If these do not give you enough power, you should probably look at a faster blade.
    In saying this, since your rubbers are 2 years old, a couple of new sheets are already going to give you significant;y more spin and a little more power.
    He said VEGA X.

But even for those what you said seems right, especially the part about the old rubbers.
    A new pair of VEGA X should feel like a brand new, super powerful rubber, so my advice would be to go for that and then maybe think again after a couple of months.

The Following User Likes Airoc's Post:

latej

says This user has status.

Elite TTD Member 550 1,009
    says This user has status.

Elite TTD Member 1,009 550

User Info Menu

Jul 2018
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews

Cheers
    L-zr

Power comes from you. But the perceived increase in power comes from how much you spent on your equipment.

Buy the most expensive one you can afford.

The Following 4 Users Like lasta's Post:

Dream2K, KM1976 and 2 others

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Fu Master

LOL .. says the guy who plays with a Primorac Carbon .. But, yes, there is some truth in what you say .. For Example, I can generate the same ball-speed/power with a Joola Toni Hold Whitespot + Reactor Corbor rubbers, as I can with a Primorac + Rakza 7 combo... However, I would have to put-in a lot more effort, with the former setup.. This considerable effort, over a a period of time, can cause considerable amount of strain .. Playing with the right equipment, just makes it easier, and less strenuous.

What You probably don't know is that this blade was given to me back in 1997, and it has a sentimental value...
    You can also see that I'm using a very soft rubber. I'm much more of an Allround player but this combo actually
    works great...

Cheers
    L-zr
    Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for advice, I don't really want to change my blade because I really love my current one. I've done some reading on all the reccomended rubbers and I belive the characteristics of omega V tour would suit me the best so I will buy that one and see how it goes.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Cheers
    L-zr
    I completely agree, but I also agree with Funk Fu Master that the right equipment can make it easier. With my current bat I find myself tired after a few loops beacuse I really need to give it so much power to get good spin and speed.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
    I completely agree, but I also agree with Funk Fu Master that the right equipment can make it easier. With my current bat I find myself tired after a few loops beacuse I really need to give it so much power to get good spin and speed.
    Work out more 😎

Cheers
    L-zr

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Work out more 😎

Cheers
    L-zr

Haha I should, but beetween football, table tennis and school there isn't much free time left 😄

The Following 2 Users Like Marko's Post:

Ktandean and Lazer

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 98 320
    K
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 320 98
    Thank you all for advice, I don't really want to change my blade because I really love my current one. I've done some reading on all the reccomended rubbers and I belive the characteristics of omega V tour would suit me the best so I will buy that one and see how it goes.

Good idea and if you want a bit more from the middle distance and a bit softer feel OV Euro maybe better. BTW, somewhere was discussed that OV tour and Rakza X share lots of similarities. Rakza X is one of my favorites in every aspect but chopping.

says UK Premier Standard Player

Elite TTD Member 1,144 1,009

Elite TTD Member 1,009 1,144

Cheers
    L-zr

This is very true. To a degree.

I'd probably argue that it's very accurate for a developing player/intermediate player who is learning the game. I say it to my son all the time.

But there gets to a point where it no longer becomes quite as relevant.

If you give FZD a Primorac ALL blade with ALL Rubbers.... He's still beating all of us, but I shouldn't think he's beating anyone in the top 10 (extreme example I know).

The body power is absolutely the most important thing, but the equipment becomes a little more important down the line.

The Following User Likes NDH's Post:

Ktandean

This user has no status.

F
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jan 2021
    UK
    Read 1 Reviews
    Lets use Timo Boll as an example - He played with the TBALC, for years, but since a year or 2, has switched to Primorac carbon. His reason is that, now, at 40, he finds that the Primorac helps him with the power-shots, more easily ..

The Following User Likes Funk Fu Master's Post:

Ktandean

Last edited by Funk Fu Master; 01-05-2022 at 01:45 PM.

Elite TTD Member 1,144 1,009

Elite TTD Member 1,009 1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk Fu Master
    Lets use Timo Boll as an example - He played with the TBALC, for years, but since a year or 2, has switched to Primorac carbon. His reason is that, now, at 40, he finds that the Primorac helps him with the power-shots, more easily ..

I bet switching to Dignics 09c on both sides didn't help either - Much slower than the previous rubbers he's been using.

says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics

Advanced TTD Member 154 290
    says Focusing on Optimum Mechanics

Advanced TTD Member 290 154
    I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry

Marko,I tried Xiom Omega Series rubbers. They are very very good. I used Omega 7 Pro on my Forehand and I was very pleased with the results. However, I felt that the rubber is bit too quick for my needs. I am an intermediate level player and don't have that great footwork to utilize the benefits of a very fast rubber.I would recommend that if you are looking for extra speed then think of trying Omega series. The earlier versions, like 4 series and 5 series would be adequate for your needs. I, myself would look at the earlier versions of Omega series in case I am going for Xiom again. But if you are good with your movement then by all means try the 7 series. It's very good in all regards including durability.Thanks, KM1976

The Following User Likes KM1976's Post:

Colin Ksh

Most of the times practice, patience and an observant mind answers all your questions

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 111 215
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 215 111

User Info Menu

Jun 2019
    Croatia
    Read 0 Reviews
    I haven't been active on the for a while but ttd forum gave me great advice 2 years ago when I bought a blade donic burn off - and vega x max thickness rubbers. I have been very pleased with this bat but the rubbers are almost dead and I would like to try something new, I have improved a lot and belive I'm ready for some higher end rubbers. What do you think would be the best rubbers that would give me a bit more power away from the table and possibly a bit more spin. I will keep the same blade and would also like to buy rubbers availible in my country, those are from xiom, gewo, yasaka, donic and tibhar. Every suggeston is very much aprecciated.
    Note: I posted 2 threads on accident and don't know how to delete one of that, sorry

There are also Butterfly and Stiga dealers in Croatia.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 914 1,305
    A
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,305 914

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NDH

I bet switching to Dignics 09c on both sides didn't help either - Much slower than the previous rubbers he's been using.Maybe

Could be, and could be one reason for the muscular problems that made him change the blade in the first place

But the switch to the Primorac Carbon seems to become more permanent than expected. Shortly after the switch Boll still proclaimed a timely return to the ALC, because it offers more options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast